TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Electrifyer

Start Menu Bar Problems

I have this problem with my task bar that happens some times when I restart my computer. I used to do a system restore to fix the thing, but I'm hoping someone knows how to fix it without having to do that. The problem is that a new toolbar appears out of nowhere that doesn't even do anything. As you can see from the pictures, there's nothing new that is highlighted in the "Toolbars" either. I'm stumped as to how to remove it... anyone know though?

post-500-1138469947_thumb.jpg

You click the little dotted dividers and drag them to the left or right to get rid of them. Also, try getting rid of the "quick launch toolbar" and turn it back on latter, just in case.

Guest Princess Leena

Does it still happen if you lock the taskbar?

I don't know, never had that before.

You click the little dotted dividers and drag them to the left or right to get rid of them. Also, try getting rid of the "quick launch toolbar" and turn it back on latter, just in case.

Moving the dividers doesn't work... they don't even go all the way to each side. There's always a space when I move them to the right or left most spots. Getting rid and turning on the quick launch toolbar also doesn't do anything. I just removes quicklaunch, but does nothing for the toolbar that is empty.

And Leena, yeah it happens whether the toolbar is locked or unlocked. I just clicked unlock to try and remove it, but nothing works.

Late, I know, but if you still have this problem:

Right click the empty space, choose close toolbar, done. If that doesn't work, ctrl-alt-del, end all tasks called explorer.exe. Then in Task Manager go to File -> New Task (Run...) and type in explorer.exe and it will reload the desktop and taskbar.

Does it still happen if you lock the taskbar?

I don't know, never had that before.

But...But.. Shareef Don't like it!

I'm marginally ashamed that I got the reference.

As well ya should be. YTMND is directly responsible for a whole new generation of adolescent useless creativity.