TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Forums Tweak/Upgrades

I did some more tweaks and upgrades last night to the server to squeeze as much from it as i can before i buy another CPU or another Gig of ram for it...

Please don't hesitate to report problems you have, any small little error...

Too many connections, PHP something, time out, etc.

I am trying to pin point every problem I can to make these forums run as smooth as possible, especially under high traffic.

Without your feedback, I can’t improve things.

FYI, request for post counts or non-sense will be deleted.

One of the settings i recently changed, which may have caused some slow down and problems before was related to that. When anyone, even as a guest views a topic or post, it asks the database for it and then writes back it has been read. When you have 150-200 people all in the WWE folder reading, posting, etc in same threads it was mixing those numbers up I think because you may have 20 people click near or @ the same time, and when it talks to the DB, during the write process, no one else is allowed to write, causing a query to write...

Basically, every 6 hours, topic views should update now as they are written to a different table.

Lol, I would think so since we have a thread for that. But I am a nice guy...

What do you want it changed to?

Lol, I would think so since we have a thread for that. But I am a nice guy...

What do you want it changed to?

Okay, what about making quoting posts to be easier?

It's annoying to have to copy and paste everytime you want to quote someone's post

By hitting the quote button, it will light up in red, provided you are using the default skin. Not sure what other skins do. Once you click the ones you want to post, hit reply. :) Then edit whatever you want out.

** Fixed ** ... People, some have too much time on their hands...

Guest Vitamin X

Okay, so why can't I see or get into the Writer's Clubhouse, despite being in the TSM Writers group?

You lnow how the when you click the forums on the main page it opens in a new window? It would be MUCH nicer if just opened in the same window. also I don't think the Old TSM link works anymore.

Link is fixed to NOT opening in a new page and the old site will be coming up soon, as the DNS for it is updated.

Thanks for letting me know. :)

It was removed with the others, which were not 100% compatible with Invision Board 2.1.x The old skins even though not all had visible problems, had back end problems, so I removed them and sticking to only compatible ones. If you guys have some recommendations of ones you would like to see, just let me know.

Hmm, I am not sure where that would be coming from, if you don't mind take a screen shot of it so I can see exactly what you are talking about.

If anyone else is having this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

What's the policy on posters who report totally absurd newsbits without providing sources (and no, I don't count "friends with major contacts" as a source)? Anyone who's read the NBA threads over the past week knows what I'm talking about.

If anyone else is having this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Happens to me on the main page and the forum index. A lot. Idea for forum upgrade: ban Leena. Just ignoring her wouldn't work seeing as how everything is some how about her.

What's the policy on posters who report totally absurd newsbits without providing sources (and no, I don't count "friends with major contacts" as a source)? Anyone who's read the NBA threads over the past week knows what I'm talking about.

Alf! How dare you question close ties within the Lakers organisation! :D

I'm having a problem with the rotating announcements on top of the page. I just increased the font in Firefox to accommodate my new 21" monitor, and the announcements now run over top of the forum links (e.g. TheSmartMarks.com Forums > Pop Culture > Sports) and make said links unusable.

if you don't mind, please post or PM me a screen shot.

Can someone from admin please help. I have tried to quote part of a post using the method you described, but it doesn't put that portion of the text in a blue box. It can be done, but I don't know how.

P.S. I used the default skin.

Your help would be great.

Thank you.