TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DMann2003

What was your first film experience

Just wondering what is the first film anyone here can remmember seeing in a theater- it's an interesting way to gauge people's tastes later on I think.

I'm sure some saw more films on TV possibly before seeing one in a theater, but seeing a film in a theater is such a unique experience that I believe it deserves recognition.

Me? It was E.T. The Extra Terrestrial, starting a life long appreciation of Steven Speilberg and probably a preference to more optomistic or hopeful films (not that I can't enjoy a good cynical film).

My earliest memory of going to the movies was seeing the film "The Adventures of Milo and Otis", probobly somewhere around 1989 or 1990. I still hold the film dear to my heart due to the childhood memory, but I was a tad disheartened when I learned many years later that it was in fact an edited version of a Japanese film where the animals may have been treated a little less then humane, oh well.

Earliest memories are of Snow White, Pinnochio, and Return of the Jedi.

According to my mother, the first movie I saw in a theater was The Rescuers. Actually we were there for Mickey's Christmas Carol which was showing before and Disney used as the selling point in all of the ads (see Mickey's Christmas Carol in theaters and stay for The Rescuers)

Earliest memories are of Snow White, Pinnochio, and Return of the Jedi.

According to my mother, the first movie I saw in a theater was The Rescuers. Actually we were there for Mickey's Christmas Carol which was showing before and Disney used as the selling point in all of the ads (see Mickey's Christmas Carol in theaters and stay for The Rescuers)

I never got why it was called "Mickey's Christmas Carol." I mean, Mickey's hardly even in it.

Blazing Saddles in 1974. when I was nine years old. I saw that in a double feature with Young Frankenstein on Dec. 29th on Christmas break with my dad and grampa. Yes, I'm old and yes I'll also frame you for murder.

I know the first film I saw in a movie theater was Lady and the Tramp, but I was so young that I don't remember ever having seen it. The first film I can remember seeing in a movie theater was Asterix and Cleopatra sometime in the mid-eighties.

There was a small kids theater (just a couple of rows) where Mom's would take their kids to watch Disney movies...my earliest memories go to Pinocchio, Snow White, and Peter Pan.

However, the first movie (that wasn't a decades old Disney flick) that I saw in a REAL theater was either "An American Tail" or "Masters of the Universe"...HE-MAN! Whichever one of those came out first.

I think it was either Pinocchio when they brought it back or maybe one of the Rescuer movies.