TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

TSM Arcade *** Poll *** & Feedback

TSM Arcade Poll  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the TSM Arcade?

• Great Addition!
    • Its ok, I got better things to do...
    • WTH!? Why does a forum like this need to play games... Are we children or something?
  2. 2. Should High Scores be reset periodically?

• No!
    • Yes, ******* Cheated and now it is permanently unfair!
    • Yes, Weekly
    • Yes, Every 3 days

Hey, do those championship thingies only show up on the normal skin? I switched to Webber the other day (since the Writers' folder looks cool) and didn't realize I hadn't seen any of those icons for a while until someone mentioned them.

Just thought everyone should know some cheating has gone on recently in the arcade. There is no way to prevent it, but the obvious high scores, which seem next to impossible, are false...

No names will be said by me, but just wanted to make sure people knew that it has been done and is possible.

Guest wildpegasus

I would just like to know what are the real scores and what aren't so I know what to concentrate my time on. I know for sure that a couple of scores I've seen are very fake.

If it's that big a deal, just reset the scores. I don't care one way or the other, and it's not like I couldn't hit 4M in Tetris again... Hell, I went over 3M three times last night; if it were possible for the high scores list to record more than one by the same user, I'd have the whole thing on lock...

Just thought everyone should know some cheating has gone on recently in the arcade. There is no way to prevent it, but the obvious high scores, which seem next to impossible, are false...

No names will be said by me, but just wanted to make sure people knew that it has been done and is possible.

That's what I've been saying, man.

Guest wildpegasus
If it's that big a deal, just reset the scores. I don't care one way or the other, and it's not like I couldn't hit 4M in Tetris again... Hell, I went over 3M three times last night; if it were possible for the high scores list to record more than one by the same user, I'd have the whole thing on lock...

You shouldn't be spending your time on these games. You should be taping yourself demolishing any tetris record that has ever existed and making your name famous.

What's your record on the NES version?

So, do you have your name on any records because you're obviously one terrific tetris player. I must say I am impressed.

Edit -- Please don't reset any scores. It would take too much time away trying to get back to where I was before.

Come on admin! Name some names.

How do you cheat in these games anyway?

As I stated before I will not name any names, I respect the privacy of the users on the board. You that have done this know who you are.

He is a simple way to figure out how a score is fake. Say someone scores 394,394 on a game and you can roughly say, playing well constantly you score 10 points every second, such as a game like breakout. Now that person scored a high score somewhere else, only 19 minutes latter.... Can you play two games at once? No... Even if you could, you can't score certain scores in certain time frames, of which the server logs how long everyone plays each game, etc. Resetting scores is useless, because cheaters will cheat again, as they can't succeed in everyday life, and feel better cheating online, where they can appear to succeed.

How do they cheat? I am not going into the details, there are a few ways from the research i have done and seen. Too complicated for the average computer person, so board users that are computer intelligent, may be your first suspects... Obviously, don't look @ me. :) I can simply login and pick my score, but I don't believe in cheating...

Not to say Leena is a dirty cheat or anything, but is it even possible to get 280,000 in Pac Man in 32 minutes? I just timed myself and died at 170,000 playing for 28 minutes. I know I'm not the best player in the world, however there's only so much you can do to get points. Am I missing a bonus room?

Guest Princess Leena

Why am I not surprised by these baseless claims!

Say someone scores 394,394 on a game and you can roughly say, playing well constantly you score 10 points every second, such as a game like breakout.

Or, by keeping like 8 balls in play, you get 80 points for each block. While clearing boards out in like a few seconds.

Can you play two games at once? No

You can have multiple games open at the same time.

Or, like another "mature, unbiased" admin here is SO sure about, yet completely wrong about... have multiple people on my name.

Not that either applies here.

Resetting scores is useless, because cheaters will cheat again, as they can't succeed in everyday life, and feel better cheating online, where they can appear to succeed.

Thanks for the life lesson! I have my own opinions about the usual types on male dominated message boards who cry foul whenever I show that I'm better at something! I doubt I need to repeat such things, or for the 1241234th time show my feelings towards people here!

How do they cheat? I am not going into the details, there are a few ways from the research i have done and seen. Too complicated for the average computer person, so board users that are computer intelligent, may be your first suspects...

That's nice. Does it go beyond telling one of my friends the colors that pop up on the screen?!

Personally, I thought we were all biased against her because she was a Ruskie.

Never did I think it was because she was a woman.

Guest Princess Leena

It's also cute that my score in Simon was defeated... yet not a peep is uttered about Boon. Oh, and Electrifyer's score is also 100% fair, of course, while I blatantly cheat.

You boys are so silly...

I think it says something about Boon that he actually sat there long enough to repeat that Simon pattern 45 times, writing down each individual color as he went along.

That boy desperately needs something in his life.

It's also cute that my score in Simon was defeated... yet not a peep is uttered about Boon. Oh, and Electrifyer's score is also 100% fair, of course, while I blatantly cheat.

You boys are so silly...

I said that Electrifyer cheated as well. Boon, well, I didn't notice his score. Pretty much any new high score on that game likely involves cheating.

...or for the 1241234th time...

That's not the first time I've seen you use this hyperbole. It's not funny. It's like a five year old trying to be funny. Just use "millionth" like everyone else. God.

Anyway, I've got to say I support the cheating (if it's going on, which I have no idea or opinion on), because it makes things less fun for the people who care about high scores. If you're playing the games for fun, your score should be irrelevant. If you really need that source of pride, list your personal high scores in your sig and try to best yourself. Self-improvement is more of a challenge, anyway.