TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

WWE announces 2006 DVDs

Pillman had a match against Steamboat at Havoc 92 that I fairly enjoyed. That'd be nice to see on the DVD.

The DVD will be worth it for all the no-wrestling shit alone.

All the "Loose Cannon" gimmick promos and skits and shit.

I wonder if the Austin gun scene will be on there.

The DVD will be worth it for all the no-wrestling shit alone.

All the "Loose Cannon" gimmick promos and skits and shit.

I wonder if the Austin gun scene will be on there.

No doubt, and I hope to hear some of today's WWE superstars' opinion on the Loose Cannon.

I would've still loved to see a feud between Triple H & Brian Pillman from 2000, during the McMahon/Helmsley Era.

That would have have been great, no doubt.

I wanna hear Edge talking about the loose cannon character, and see if he admits to being inspired by it for his Rated R Superstar deal.

Anybody in Australia needs to listen to Melbourne's SEN 1116 radio show Wednsday nights at midnight, because next week they are giving away a copy of the Pillman DVD. They are doing a WCW quiz for callers ringing up about their favourite WCW memories. I would try and win it but I won the McMahon DVD just now and I would feel bad about winning 4 DVD's in 5 weeks (D-X&ONS2 DVD 3 Weeks ago, McMahon DVD today and the Pillman DVD next week).

Apparently the new Vince DVD covers an angle that never came to be: Vince proposed HE be the father of Stephanie's baby, but she shot it down. He tried to sweeten the pot by suggesting SHANE be the father. Again, no. Vince also wanted to have HHH and Steph's wedding on PPV. What a genius.

Apparently the new Vince DVD covers an angle that never came to be: Vince proposed HE be the father of Stephanie's baby, but she shot it down. He tried to sweeten the pot by suggesting SHANE be the father. Again, no. Vince also wanted to have HHH and Steph's wedding on PPV. What a genius.

You get that from the WC boards too Bruiser? I mentioned it in Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread.

You get that from the WC boards too Bruiser? I mentioned it in Comments That Don't Warrant a Thread.

Vince McMahon just needs to die already.

Guest Human Highlight Reel

That's gotta be a joke. I mean, yeah, it's Vince, but the man is not that sick. I can't imagine him booking himself into that, or doing that to his granddaughter.

I would've still loved to see a feud between Triple H & Brian Pillman from 2000, during the McMahon/Helmsley Era.

"I respect you, booker man!"

No, someone over at DVDTalk got the DVD early and mentioned it.

"I respect you, booker man!"

My setiments exactly, Jester. :lol:

Ok, guys. I just got this stuff off of Amazon.com, and I hope they're really not gonna let us down like this.

vs. Lex Luger, Halloween Havoc 1989 - Good Match, best on that card!

vs. Goldust "Loser wears a Dress", SummerSlam 1997

vs. Jushin Liger, WCW Monday Nitro 9/4/95

vs. Steve Austin, Clash of the Champions XXV 11/10/93

Hollywood Blondes vs. Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas "Steel-Cage Match for the World Tag-Team Titles, Slamboree 1993

vs. Goldust, WWF Ground Zero - Pillman's Last Match RIP

highlights from ECW, Austin & Pillman's Gun incident from RAW, Austin attacks Pillman interview from WWF Superstars and more highlights.

The Matches are rumored and are a let down much like the Ultimate Warrior dvd.

WWEShop.com isn't shipping the McMahon dvd until tomorrow :\

I really wanted to wear the free shirt this week.

Taken from 411wrestling (by way of the Observer), info on the extra 4th disc for the Hogan Anthology which will be exclusive to Wal-Mart in the US and the UK and Europe. Also matchlisting for Piper's DVD:

-As reported earlier the Hogan DVD will have a 4th disc for release in Europe and for exclusive release at Wal-Mart's in the US. Earlier today we had a rough idea of what would be on it, but it has been confirmed. Here is what will be included:

Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana 3/24/80 MSG

Hulk Hogan vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenly (one of his first AWA TV appearances in the summer of 1981)

Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk from Saturday Night's Main Event

Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race from Saturday Night's Main Event

Hogan wins 1990 Royal Rumble

Hogan vs. Earthquake SummerSlam 1990

Hulk Hogan interview on the 10/3 Raw show

-The latest info for the Roddy Piper DVD is as follows. There is a one hour and forty-five minute biography on his career and ending with the Hall of Fame Ceremony. They were able to get some early Portland footage, but it appears as if there is no surviving footage of his California runs. The match listing is as follows:

Roddy Piper & Mike Popovitch vs. Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver from Portland

Piper vs. Buddy Rose from Portland

Piper vs. Jack Brisco 7/7/82

Piper vs. Greg Valentine dog collar match from the first Starrcade

Piper & Orndorff vs. Hogan & Mr. T from the first WrestleMania

Piper vs. Mr. T from WrestleMania II

Piper vs. Iron Sheik from 10/4/86 Saturday Night Main Event

Piper vs. Bob Orton from 11/29/86 Saturday Night Main Event

Piper vs. Adrian Adonis form WrestleMania III

Piper vs. Hogan MTV special 2/18/85

Piper vs. Rick Rude cage match 12/28/89 MSG

Piper vs. Badnews Brown (Badnews Allen) WrestleMania VI

Piper vs. Bret Hart WrestleMania VII

Piper vs. Mountie 1992 Royal Rumble

Piper vs. Goldust Hollywood brawl WrestleMania XII

Piper vs. Hogan 12/29/96 Starrcade

I was going to get the McMahon DVD today at Circuit City, but I decided not to. I might just rent it from Netflix for the documentary because those matches are not worth a DVD buy.

Taken from 411wrestling (by way of the Observer), info on the extra 4th disc for the Hogan Anthology which will be exclusive to Wal-Mart in the US and the UK and Europe. Also matchlisting for Piper's DVD:

-As reported earlier the Hogan DVD will have a 4th disc for release in Europe and for exclusive release at Wal-Mart's in the US. Earlier today we had a rough idea of what would be on it, but it has been confirmed. Here is what will be included:

Hulk Hogan vs. Tito Santana 3/24/80 MSG

Hulk Hogan vs. Sonny Rogers & Chuck Greenly (one of his first AWA TV appearances in the summer of 1981)

Hulk Hogan vs. Terry Funk from Saturday Night's Main Event

Hulk Hogan vs. Harley Race from Saturday Night's Main Eventy Night's Main Event

Hogan wins 1990 Royal Rumble

Hogan vs. Earthquake SummerSlam 1990

Hulk Hogan interview on the 10/3 Raw show

-The latest info for the Roddy Piper DVD is as follows. There is a one hour and forty-five minute biography on his career and ending with the Hall of Fame Ceremony. They were able to get some early Portland footage, but it appears as if there is no surviving footage of his California runs. The match listing is as follows:

Roddy Piper & Mike Popovitch vs. Buddy Rose & Rip Oliver from Portland

Piper vs. Buddy Rose from Portland

Piper vs. Jack Brisco 7/7/82

Piper vs. Greg Valentine dog collar match from the first Starrcade

Piper & Orndorff vs. Hogan & Mr. T from the first WrestleMania

Piper vs. Mr. T from WrestleMania II

Piper vs. Iron Sheik from 10/4/86 Saturday Night Main Event

Piper vs. Bob Orton from 11/29/86 Saturday Night Main Event

Piper vs. Adrian Adonis form WrestleMania III

Piper vs. Hogan MTV special 2/18/85

Piper vs. Rick Rude cage match 12/28/89 MSG

Piper vs. Badnews Brown (Badnews Allen) WrestleMania VI

Piper vs. Bret Hart WrestleMania VII

Piper vs. Mountie 1992 Royal Rumble

Piper vs. Goldust Hollywood brawl WrestleMania XII

Piper vs. Hogan 12/29/96 Starrcade

Wal-mart here I come.

And the Piper DVD sounds good.

vs. Lex Luger, Halloween Havoc 1989 - Good Match, best on that card!

vs. Goldust "Loser wears a Dress", SummerSlam 1997

vs. Jushin Liger, WCW Monday Nitro 9/4/95

vs. Steve Austin, Clash of the Champions XXV 11/10/93

Hollywood Blondes vs. Ricky Steamboat & Shane Douglas "Steel-Cage Match for the World Tag-Team Titles, Slamboree 1993

vs. Goldust, WWF Ground Zero - Pillman's Last Match RIP

Ugh. That is NOT a good collection, considering all the amazing matches Pillman had throughout his career. Especially the tag-team cage match; if memory serves, it wasn't actually Steamboat and Douglas, but instead Steamboat and Tom Zenk underneath some kind of dumbass luchadore gimmicks.

The Piper DVD on the other hand looks pretty damn cool.

Guest droptoehold
I was going to get the McMahon DVD today at Circuit City, but I decided not to. I might just rent it from Netflix for the documentary because those matches are not worth a DVD buy.

exactly what i'm doing. I have been buying these dvd's for awhile.

Alltho I am interested in checking this one out, imma have to go

the netflix route.