TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

TSM Radio - 4 February, 2006

Okay, as you can see at the top of the page, the first new TSM Radio show is up. I'll be uploading a smaller version for dialup users.

Thanks to JHawk for his segment, and insight into wrestling this week.

Thanks also to Rudo, Curry, Lei and YPOV for giving up thier time, and holding that conference. It was a lot of fun, and it came off well on air.

Lastly, thanks to Mike for his help in setting me up with everything, and making sure everything was running well.

I hope to organise a discussion like that every week with guest posters all the time. I was discussing the possibility of a format with Rudo earlier today, and we came up with some good ideas, either for a PTI type show with a couple of people, or an Around the Horn type program, with rotating panellists every week. The panellists would argue about certain issues in wrestling, MMA and sport, and the board would vote on the winner of that week's show.

Hope you all enjoy the show, and feedback is much appreciated. This is in its early stages, but once it becomes more formatted, it'll be great.

A bunch of us need to get drunk and record our conversation.

But yeah... I love PTI and ATH, so shows like that would be cool with me. I'll be listening to the show that is up now, once people wake up and I can turn on my computer's volume.

That was a lot funnier than I remembered. This, of course, should not be unexpected when LOTC has a live mic infront of him. Poor Downhome.

I thought it gelled really well and once it got going it really got going. Though it is apparent that LOTC, Lei Tong, and NGA need their own show called Smark Cultured where they look at daily events through the perspectives of a Mexican, a Canadian, and an Australian. Oh-ho-ho, hilariousity.

"The room is spinning!"

I really like Downhome, but God damn, that was hilarious. I am not a huge fan of MMA, but I'm enjoying this segment due to LotC and Rudo (even if they sound completely different from what I expected).

Hardcore discussion needs its own radio show.

aye lad.

I only had a chance to listen up through most of JHawk's stuff, I'll get around to the UFC stuff later today...not bad, needs some 1 on 1 or roundtable discussion, if that's at all possible...listening to one guy ramble on about a topic can get a little boring, but I'd be interested to hear JHawk discuss with another person, maybe one who disagrees with his views, perhaps?

Guest Princess Leena

JHawk stuff wasn't bad... although, like Lushus said, only hearing 1 person talk can get dull.

Hardcore discussion needs its own radio show.

I have a couple ideas

1. Me and FS

2. Me and Czech

3. The TSM metalheads. There's guaranteed conflict in that one

I wanted to kick my own ass after the fourth "um..."

Well if thats the case, if I hadn't removed about 50 ums, you'd be dead by now.

And feel free to do as many segments as you like, a HD segment would be great.

I'd be happy to work with someone else in these discussions. I didn't think it was bad for a first try though.

I'd be happy to work with someone else in these discussions. I didn't think it was bad for a first try though.

Not at all, man. You did great. Thanks for the effort... That goes to everyone involved.

I wanted to kick my own ass after the fourth "um..."

Well if thats the case, if I hadn't removed about 50 ums, you'd be dead by now.

Yeah, feel free to rub it in.

Bah, who am I kidding? That was shit.

Meh. Most of my jokes sounded way too forced (mainly because I was so nervous), and the repetition and droning grated on my own nerves.

In retrospect I should've had a cheat sheet with previous written notes on each fighter and match-up, so as to keep my need to momentarily pause myself ("Um...") down to a minimum.

AGREED! I would have liked to have had something infront of me so I could compose my thoughts a lil better, as there were times where my mind was going in different directions and whatever point I was making sorta came out as a bit of a ramble. So if you were like "the fuck?", that was me with a half-thought trying to fill in the other half.

But whatever nervousness you had didn't show up.

I hope to organise a discussion like that every week with guest posters all the time...

Only thing I don't like is the voting.

Some guy doing a bad Aussie accent is impersonating NGA

I thought it was fake too until I saw where Nice Guy Adam was from.

I'm not into wrestling, but I'll give this a listen. So far great job. I'd be interested in hearing other subjects, but one thing at a time.

no it wasn't bad, don't get me wrong...you talked about a lot of good stuff and had great views...ANYONE woulda been boring alone, though, that's what I mean.