TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2TuffTony

TNA Needs more big guys

Guest 2TuffTony

imo. They are good but they have too many generic cruiserwieghts. I think they should sign Matt Morgan and Brock Lesnar.

And also i think they work on getting more cw tag teams. throw sonjay dutt in a tag team and bring kazarian back in to team with bentley.

Guest Coffey

OK. Abyss & Monty Brown (Monty is only 6'2"). What do you have after that? Lance Hoyt & A1? He's got a point. There's too many faceless "small people" in TNA. Hell, even Jarrett, the champ. is only like 6'2". Granted the height of wrestlers shouldn't matter and it really doesn't, but it don't hurt to have a couple more people like Abyss instead of a couple more people like Dutt.

I'd prefer TNA just establish the people they have before bringing in more people that also won't be established. However, I'm sure if TNA could get Brock, they would.

Well, I've always been a fan of hosses. However, I do see Tony's point. TNA has an abundance of cruisers with only a few big men and no super hosses. They ought not go anywhere near Lesnar due to ongoing litigation with WWE. I always liked Morgan from TE but I hear he is abysmal in the ring.

Guest GoJoe

The problem is that if they bring in a real heavyweight, he'll dwalf everyone on the roster and make the heavyweight division look like a joke. That's the great thing about Abyss, at around 6'4", he's big enough to stand out but not too big so that someone the size AJ Styles can realistically beat him. Plus he can hang with the smaller guys better than any seven footer could.

What about Mike Awesome? hes pretty good in the ring as well.

Not unless TNA signs Tanaka as well. Mike Awesome, at his best was mediocre on his best day.

Awesome vs Jeff Hardy: Emo-boy goes through more tables than Spike Dudley did in ECW....this is his punishment for no-showing PPVs

Awesome vs Sabu: Its not like Sabu can do anything other than hardcore matches so why not have a Japanese deathmatch with the Six Sides of Steel wrapped in barbwire and why not set the cage on fire.

Awesome vs Abyss: Abyss continues to copy Cactus Jack and earns some more battle scars.

Awesome vs Rhyno: This gives Rhyno a chance to do the GORE GORE GORE GORE GORE through a table and the piledriver through the table spots.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Because that's what the promotion needs raza - more sickening Barbed wire matches

Well, I'm all for bringing in _good_ big man workers. We don't need to see more Lance Hoyt-ish Test clones.

Mike Awesome is good when he has his working boots on. The problem is, he seems to be pretty hit or miss (Masato Tanaka being his only consistently good opponent that I'm aware of).

Brock Lesnar would be awesome, but I doubt TNA could afford him, though I could be wrong. I'd think Brock would be half-tempted to come to TNA as the ultimate "F U" to Vince McMahon.

Other than that, who is there really out there? I don't know of any really talented "super heavyweight" types tearing up the indy scenes right now.

Because that's what the promotion needs raza - more sickening Barbed wire matches

What do you care anyway? You don't even like TNA. You're just a blind WWE mark trolling up the TNA folder. I mean, how does somebody who doesn't like TNA manage to make 49% of their posts in the TNA folder?

The Lockdown PPV is nothing but cage matches so why not take it to the extreme with barbed wire matches. TNA does not have to copy WCW and WWE all the time.

The Lockdown PPV is nothing but cage matches so why not take it to the extreme with barbed wire matches. TNA does not have to copy WCW and WWE all the time.

Considering their roster consists of virtually the same people, TNA could copy off ROH a little more then just Gen Next. Ya know, how ROH has a larger shift of main eventers and rotates them around and brings new people into the fold and builds stars for the promotion.

TNA could stand to do that. They have already designed the show to fit the forumula for nationally televised wrestling popularized by WWE, set the same tradition main event scheme. Not quite the way to be a revolutionary alternative product.

Mike Awesome is good when he has his working boots on. The problem is, he seems to be pretty hit or miss (Masato Tanaka being his only consistently good opponent that I'm aware of).

Awesome is only good when he's got chairs and weapons to use and has someone to catch him on his big dive. In a normal match he's acceptable at best and terrible at worst. The best use of Awesome would be in one of Jeff Jarrett's clusterfuck main event matches, which are always filled with gimmicks and shortcuts, and then sending him on his way.

What do you care anyway? You don't even like TNA. You're just a blind WWE mark trolling up the TNA folder. I mean, how does somebody who doesn't like TNA manage to make 49% of their posts in the TNA folder?

Just like people who hate on WWE all the time and have most of their posts in the WWE folder.

Has TNA every tried to bring in A-Train (I forget what he's known as now in Japan)? I was a big fan of his in WWE, especially near the end of his run there.

Well, who are some guys in TNA like Benoit, Angle, and Mysterio where they can have a pretty good match with just about every type of worker? I follow TNA, but not really to the extent to know which guys are known like this.

Would Samoa Joe be one of them?

Well, who are some guys in TNA like Benoit, Angle, and Mysterio where they can have a pretty good match with just about every type of worker? I follow TNA, but not really to the extent to know which guys are known like this.

Would Samoa Joe be one of them?

Joe is easily that kind of guy and he does it better then Angle and Mysterio because those two aren't good brawlers and Joe is a better wrestler then they are (an arguement that doesn't need to be dragged into this thread)

Joe has had great brawls, great wrestling matches with guys his size, guys smaller then him and guys bigger then him. He can work with the high-flyers. He is very skilled at adapting to the other guy(s) in the ring.

I don't want to keep pulling this thread more off topic, but what the hell. Who is the biggest guy that Joe has had a great match with so far?

*really needs to go download some Joe matches*

I don't want to keep pulling this thread more off topic, but what the hell. Who is the biggest guy that Joe has had a great match with so far?

*really needs to go download some Joe matches*

Abyss and Kobashi are the obvious ones. Kobashi, of course being a very famous match. The Abyss match, wasn't a good indicator of Joe's ability.

You really should just buy the ROH Best of Samoa Joe volumes 1 and 2. It won't have Joe's best work but you get a good sample.

So most of Joe's best work has actually been in TNA so far?

No, not even close. His best work is found in RING OF HONOR, but on the 2 best of volumes, they don't have his greatest works (Punk triology, Kobashi, Danielson etc) because those matches sell dvds (they made a killing off the Kobashi and Punk shows)

The Best of Samoa Joe volumes just offer lighter matches with lesser historical impact that showcases Joe without giving away the big time matches.

Still worth a look, if you want to have a good overview of what Joe brings to the table.

See, TNA can easily dig themselves out of the hole of bigger guys, like Morgan and A-Train and Brock and others, by just announcing people at their actual sizes. The majority of TNA's fanbase also watches, or at least knows about, RoH, so many of them already know the actual heights and weights of the shared workers. Personally, it's more impressive to me to see somebody between 5'10" and 6'2" and booked as such - you know, average sized people - but also handled as though they were legitimate threats to people of all sizes. Push the workers who are small as having a fighting chance against the monsters by saying they have either the obvious speed advantage or can flat-out WRESTLE.

Guest RickyB

If you ever want to appeal to the casual fans you MUST have big guys though. Imo you need two of the following to be a "star":

Charisma/Mic Skills, In ring ability and size. Most of TNA have in ring ability but not the either of the other two.

They should bring in Matt Morgan because if Jim Cornette thought he was the next big star then I believe the case is closed because Jim Cornette KNOWS wrestling. A-Train or Hidenreich should maybe be brought in to go over some of the dead wood to build them up to put over some of the TNA talent. I mean AJ Styles going over someone like A-Train or Hidenreich would be impressive. Booking Hidenrich like Sid Viscious was in ECW would be great before having him put someone over. And A-Trains pretty poor but he can be carried and he'd be a good choice to put some people over

Well, I've always been a fan of hosses. However, I do see Tony's point. TNA has an abundance of cruisers with only a few big men and no super hosses. They ought not go anywhere near Lesnar due to ongoing litigation with WWE. I always liked Morgan from TE but I hear he is abysmal in the ring.

Morgan is a really good big man...