TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

Moving into the Future....

Alright, this is for all the workers right now to vent, suggest, and praise in. This is focused on people being as honest as possible, and bitching is completely allowed. If you want to argue with someone, though, argue it through IMs and PMs, not in this thread. I'm hoping to catch the general feel of what everyone thinks of the fed. So here we go:

1) Who are you, and what have you done this year?

2) What do you think of CC and their work at this time?

3) What do you think this fed's strongest suit is?

4) What do you think this fed's weakest suit is?

5) Do you have any suggestions for changes in how things are run?

6) Overall, do you like the direction the fed is headed in?

Alright, I'll start this out.

- I'm Justice, and I've been starting to get actively involved in CC since late October/early November. I haven't done much in the wya of promo writing, but I'm in something with Kevin Coyote right now and I've helped impliment a few ideas that we've had floating around for a while now.

- Think, overall, we've improved a bunch. We still sort of have trouble with some of our booking decisions, but we're pretty flexible and good when it comes to changing things to fit people's schedules and plans. I think we also had a few screw-ups early on because both Raynor and I were really new at this (i.e. Ramadomination and most of the stuff surrounding that), but I think we've becomea lot better. Also, I think it's helped that we've become a bit more active and involved in storylines and shows.

- Hm. I think we're really good on the technical side of things, especially with varied gimmick matches, like with the Hardcore Title right now. I think we have a few really funny/interesting gimmicks out there at the moment.

4) What do you think the fed's weakest suit is?

- In all honesty, I think the fed has lost a lot of 'entertainment' for the whole 'psychology' thing. I love psychologically sound matches, but I think that things like emotion and comedy are getting short-changed. We get too serious at times, and I think we really need to be a bit more silly (Which is why we added Matt Myers into the mix of things).

5) Do you have any suggestions for changes in how we run things?

- A while back, I think we suggested a 'Storyline Consultant' whose job it was to make sure everyone was involved in an angle or something. It was supposed to be Outcast, but he's as reliable as the weather and it never really got off the ground. I'd like to have someone who doesn't mark matches or anything like that, but just keeps track of storylines and stuff. If anyone has any suggestions for that, tell us them.

Another one a while back was the idea of a 'Union Representative', who would be an active guy who got to help out CC with the guys in terms of suggesting things that the actives might want, and just making sure that CC is really paying attention to the guys who are writing everything. This was a suggestion back when Stubby was around (When we had NO sort of power at all as actives) and while it's not as pertinent nowadays, I'd love to see someone like Muzz to help us out (It was basically a mod and CC station).

- Personally? Yeah, I think it's a lot better than a few months ago. I think everyone is a lot more excited nowadays, and with our recent roster explosion (We have somewhere around 28 people) and a good amount of big things going on, I think we are headed in the right direction.

Janus, or janusd if you just want the username. Besides becoming a fairly regular marker for CC, I haven't done much besides a brief return to *kayfabe* boost ratings */kayfabe* to wrestle against Blank, though there is a storyline in the works, nudge nudge wink wink.

Definitely have a good handle on things. Despite some of the somewhat snarky sounding reactions if someone needs their booking changed and is upset, CC's handled it well and tried to accomodate them without damaging the strength of the card. As cheesy as that one sounds. The growing involvement in shows and plotlines is also a plus, though I don't think you'll find many wrestlers who enjoyed Family Friendly Lockdown, guys. ;)

I'd have to agree with Judge and say we have the technical aspect of things down pat. We've got good psychology, and enough variance in our match types to suit anyone, from basic Hardcore to crazy and silly out there stips like Calvinball (may it rest in peace) and the ever great-fun-to-write Mall Brawl.

People start taking the whole damn thing too seriously sometimes. I can't speak for the old days, but people throwing fits and losing their cool over stuff that happens is just ridiculous. Granted, I haven't seen much of it lately, but still. It may be a damn good e-fed, and damn good fun, but it's the internet people. Don't go killing yourself over somethimg going wrong, even if you'd like to kill someone for having an ego or writing your character incorrectly.

I can't really think of much to say here save of CC pooling their souls and selling out to get some form of omniscience so they can tell what everyone wants at any given time so there's no messups ever again. Others might have better ideas, but nothing comes to my mind.

We're still going strong, we have a good group of wrestlers that can be booked, and everyone's active and interested in where we're going. Looks like we're going to be marching in a lively manner all the way to 2007 and beyond.

I'm Akira Kaibatsu, and so far I've feuded with Bruce Blank, and just recently formed a tag team with Michael Cross, as Asia Underground.

CC does a great job. Fuck ups are limited, and when they occur, they're fixed. Hell, just keeping an e-fed running for longer than a month is hard. Good job!

The atmosphere. Everyone is friendly, and nice, and intelligent. No ones really arguing, or getting pissed off. You can go hang out in the chat, and shit like that. Great place to meet intelligent people, and talk, and stuff.

It's a little slow. Most shows go up a little late. Though to prevent the fed from dying altogether, it's nessecery.

Not really. Maybe a bit more time, to prevent some no-shows, but for the most part, it's a great system

Yeah. This is definitely the best e-fed I've been in. I'm having a boat load of fun.

elaborate answers suck.

I'm Zed. I've completely run the administrative gauntlet (writer, marker, booker, run the JL, run the WF and been a chat op) over my roughly four years of SWF service. When Mike disappeared and Tom lost his connection, I offered myself to help Raynor out in running the fed again. I am also party to a wide number of secrets.

We're fucking awesome, and I don't want to hear otherwise as long as I have the book again.

But seriously, I'm pretty impressed with Judge and Chris's ability to demonstrate administrative authority. Mike, and no offense to him, left CC in a real big fucking disorganized mess. The roster hadn't been updated since August, nobody was sure who the champions were, nobody had a good handle on what a lot of the storylines were, etc etc. Both of them did an excellent job cleaning shit up and getting everything back into working order. Judge also has limitless enthusiasm and ideas on how we can be better and more proactive, such as this thread. He apparently never got the memo.

Me.

Alright, enough of that. We have a lot of dedicated writers who are commited to improvement, and also who genuinely seem to enjoy the absurd amount of effort you need to be successful at this silly little hobby. It's nice to be in a period of the SWF where there's more than one or two writers plotting out storylines and not floating around, relying on CC to throw them a bone.

Janus.

Alright, enough of that for real this time. We could still stand to have more humour, and I think weaning people off of the necessity of doing pointless limb psych or whatever just so it's there is a noble goal. We could stand to alter our marking principles a bit. And Akira's right, we could also stand to be more prudent, but that's never going to happen.

I think the whole "union rep" and "storyline consultant" ideas are superflous - there are enough people on the roster who informally do that kind of stuff anyway. I feel we have a lot of initiatives on the go right now, and don't need to introduce anything new right away.

I think we're going to be enjoying a resurgence well into the spring, and perhaps longer if none of the important veteran writers in the upper eschelons of the card retire anytime soon. (ie: Wildchild, ELM, Cortez, etc)

-Z

I am Chris Fury, on-again / off-again writer, worker, and active. This year, I've made my umpteenth return to the Fed. :P

Considering the wide-flung vareity of personalities, backgrounds, and interests of the writers of the Fed... I think the CC has done an admirable job of trying to keep everyone in the varied loops, and making sure a quality product is out there. Although even in the short time I've been back I've seen some faux-paus and gaffes, I attribute it to the newer CCs needing a little more time to know their roles. :)

The aforementioned vareity of the writers. Everyone's got a spice to add to the stew here, and that's a good thing. I mean, what other e-Fed would dare try to come up with things like Calvinball, Miami Mayhem, Mall Brawl, and the like... And have them work on a consistent basis??? It's a tribute to the writers that give these oddball gimmicks and angles a shot, and put their own signature on them.

I'll be honest. When I came back around here, I thought that the Fed would (if still around) be a ghost of its former glory. I'm glad I was wrong, but I do see something... We're getting older, folks. Our lives are changing, and priorities are shifting. But just because the real world is getting more serious for us doesn't necessarily mean that our personas have to follow suit. This is our escape. For Goddess' sake, I know that real life gets in the way of our little gem of a world here... But just because our lives rebel against us, we don't have to suck our characters down into the same mire. Not sure if any of that made sense, but here it is in a nutshell: Let's get back to what worked for us before. Serious when we have to be, but light-hearted and fun because we want to be.

Honestly, I haven't been back long enough to see all the nuances... Ditching Family Friendly seemed like a good start though. ;) I like Judge's suggestions for the new slots in CC, but... That'd be a Hell of an implementation, and the growing pains and all.

Seeing a lot of the old (but good) blood coming back in some way, shape, and form is "a good thing". The newer writers are also real talents. Diamonds in the rough and all that. So I think we're on the up-and-up. And that makes me a glad panda.

I’m Bruce Blank “King of pain” and top dog in the Ultraviolent division. I’ve only been here since just after Ground Zero last year so I’m still quite a newbie in many ways. I’ve won the Hardcore title in my 2nd match and held on to it for 156 days so far, I’ve renamed the title to “Ultraviolent” and apparently been convincing enough in all my title defenses to cement the name as everyone calls it that these days. I beat JJJ at Genesis VI, lost to Janus at “Ashes 2 Ashes” and then been embroiled in my first long term feud with Akira that I’ve just finished.

And I helped kill “Family Friendly Lockdown” :D

And shown for every single match I’ve been booked it – after 26 matches I’ve yet to no show.

A bit back it seemed somewhat disorganized with stuff just thrown together but the ducks seem to be lining up now, a good consistent team where everyone does their bit helps with that. Booking wise I’ve got no complaints as such, the feuds tend to be considered – but outside the feuds there don’t seem to be much in “medium” term booking though, although there are hints that it could change

The Ghost Machine calling Bruce out promo that actually set up the match on the next show – I liked that, give a match that’s technically out of nowhere a bit of a build.

Not that every match, every week should be built on the show preceeding it, but one or two could be each show. (I guess that’s more for #5 about suggestions)

I’m not going to say “technical wrestling” because I think the biggest thing this fed has going for it are some really talented and creative writers, who when motivated blows me away in terms of skill.

4) What do you think the fed's weakest suit is?

It’s weakest features are:

1) that “Technical wrestling” seems to be the dominant style and what gets you to the top.

Not that “Technical wrestling” is bad, far from it – but it seems to be the style that all the main eventers employ, the style that gets ahead. I’m with people who say “more comedy” – I love to write a good comedy match, I've written a ton of comedic matches for another fed where I'm part of the CC.

But I don’t any more – not after a Bruce Blank / Jimmy the Doom match I wrote got slapped down for being “too comedic” :o I mean with JIMMY THE DOOM? How can it NOT be comedic?? After that I figured “Comedy bad!!” and just kept it to very limited comedy spots. /end rant

2) Something that seems to be changing, few long term feuds being built. Before the feud with Akira I kinda drifted from match to match, maybe with a 2-3 match mini story but that was it. It had no real emotion, no real sense of “big” – the only reason I could write a match that so many people have said “Man that was awesome” is because it had a good build and could play off that so well.

We’re starting to see more of it but it’s something that could improve

5) Do you have any suggestions for changes in how we run things?

As I mentioned in section 2: Put a little bit of forethought into the next show when putting the current show together – this current Lockdown seems a bit more stacked and a bit more special because 2 of the matches had their foundation laid down on AfterShox – if there was that kind of ground work put into 2-3 matches each show then I think it’d help increase the overall interest and excitement

Union Rep: Nah if I have an issue I want to discuss I go straight to CC, no need for a middle man if you ask me.

Yes I do – the federation feels a lot stronger than the stretch between Ashes 2 Ashes and Ramadomination, we’ve got an AWESOME main event program with ELM/Wes/JJJ and the 3 singles titles are all embroiled in some sort of long term storyline and even the non-title guys (Won’t call you guys lower card) are building some interest.

More of that :D

My name is Tom Flesher. I'm Chief Justice of Creative Control, and I hold original jurisdiction over storyline questions and appellate jurisdiction over bad ideas according to Article III of the SWF Constitution. I swear in new CC members and markers. I am also empowered to promulgate rules and to form agencies to look into Zed's taste in music (for example, the Warrant Commission).

This is one of the strongest CCs we've had in a while, mainly because we have a diverse group of interests as well as CC members who are both capable and respected. The fact that Zed and Raynor were around for some of the worst booking the fed has seen, and that they and Justice are all still very in touch with what it means to be a writer, are very important. I've seen nonresponsive CCs, and they can kill a writer's interest.

We've got a bunch of people who are masochistic enough to enjoy this nonsense.

I think it's twofold:

1) It can be difficult to get people who are primarily from RP feds interested in the matchwriting style, which speaks to the larger problem of recruitment;

2) I agree that the technical-writing style that's predominated recently can be stifling for someone who isn't a hardcore wrestling fan as much as a hardcore WWE fan. I remember having discussions with Taft about how he was playing Stump The Opponent by making Thor intentionally difficult to write, for example, but we tend to accept a certain amount of Stump The Opponent with regard to difficult writing styles, and since many of the markers have had that baptism by fire of being taught ROH-style psychology forcibly, it can be difficult for someone who isn't up on it to break through to the top. There's also a certain amount of decisionmaking that goes on when you make a character - for example, I've been talking to Superstar, and he's trying to decide whether to come back as Charlie Matthews and contend, or as the Masked Man and write midcard comedy angles. I also know of at least one former world champion who's intentionally avoiding going to the top of the card just to challenge himself as a writer, since he's a technico and wants to break himself of that formula.

More free beer.

The state of the union is strong. We're facing the same problems we always have regarding recruitment, and frankly, the development of a stone-faced psychology requirement to be a top-card writer was largely unavoidable. It's our analog to the intricate storylines and deeply-layered characters you see written by seasoned RP fed guys. We're just a little more autistic about it. (Four o'clock. Gotta write wrestling. Gotta write wrestling. Gotta go to K-Mart and buy a new keyboard. Wore out the keyboard.)

I'm generally known as Toxx/Toxxic in honour of my first character, who sped to the top of the fed amidst a flurry of victories over no-shows and a plethora of retiring World Champions to become the biggest heel for the next year. This time last year I was about to win the World Title for the third time. I then entered into a feud with Spike Jenkins, my deputy in the dominant Revolution Zero, and saw probably my favourite line-up of Rev-0 come together as I recruited Scott Pretzler and JJ Johnson (sorry Landon!). I then lost to Spike on PPV in Last Man Standing, disbanded Rev-0 and ended up in a feud with Scott Pretzler that I won at Ground Zero last year by having Toxxic cheat for the first and only time ever. I then came back as TORU Takahara to team with fellow Nottingham resident Chris Card as TKO, but then he got locked out of the boards and I ended up having to write the team more or less on my own. Now I've left TORU behind, and I'm back with Toxxic's little sister, Amy.

Zed's back in charge, and this is a good thing, but now he has back-up from Raynor and Judge which is a HUGE improvement over Thoth and TNT, who hadn't got a frickin' clue what was going on. This seems to be the slickest CC team I've seen in my time here.

Hmm. This is the only e-fed I've ever been in so I don't have much comparison. I suppose the fact that by and large everyone gets on pretty well is good. Also, I think it has a really involving 'atmosphere', and five years of history has gotta be good.

In the past I'd have said people waiting for the bookers to give them angles, and the bookers waiting for the writers to create their own angles. It really feels like we're in ROH where there are SOME angles, but by and large it's mostly about matches and personal feuds rather than anything bigger. However, I think this is starting to change. Also, it's unfortunate that people set things up and then leave, but that's always going to happen because RL comes first.

I think we're heading in the right direction anyway. I'd like to see more stables though.

As previously stated, yes.

I'm the writer behind Longdogger Pete (and thus am usually called Pete, LDP, or Doggah). I am a former writer that debuted with the IGNJL way back in 2001. After retiring as an active writer (notwithstanding a couple of brief returns) I dubbed myself the SWF Historian and kept track of the title histories for awhile and did monthly rankings for the league. I also joined the SJL staff as a marker, then later a booker, and finally, took charge of the SJL as head booker. I was the last head booker of the SJL, as I was the one in charge when the SJL folded.

I haven't done much this year, as I haven't been an active presence on the boards in almost two years. I've just recently returned to the boards to do an angle with Kevin Coyote. How long I'm around will probably depend on how well this angle does, but as of today, I am not planning on returning to activity. I'll probably stick around the boards though, and may consider returning to a staff position if one should open up.

I admit I haven't been around in awhile, and I missed the entire MVS era, but CC looks to be as strong as it's ever been. We've come a long way from the dictatorship of Stubby.

Flexibility. Everyone is special in this league. Everyone, from first-match rookie to long-term world champion, has the freedom to do whatever they want with their own characters, and freedom to work with other characters, and CC, to help shape the shows in any given direction.

Right now, I'd say it's in writing style. Glancing through the stats, it seems almost everybody's at cruiserweight level or close, and as many people have already mentioned, everyone has a similar technical style to their writing. Where are all the big guys? C'mon. Longdogger Pete was 275 pounds when he was active, and even that was nothing compared to guys like Frost and Hville Thugg. Yeah, I know this place is full of smarks who don't want to be anything like the shoddy booking of the WWE, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little variety.

I think CC is being run just fine. The only gripe I have is with the lateness of the shows, but at least CC doesn't make excuses for it any more. Plus there are a lot less no-shows now then there used to be. (I think.)

Absolutely. I look forward to reading each and every show as the fed continues to evolve in its sixth year of existence.

I am the mighty Landon Maddix, former SJL TV, SJL European, SJL World, SWF USJL, SWF ICTV, SWF World and Clusterfuck Champion and current SWF Tag Champion amongst other stuff. I also came up with the Cortez/Megan/Maddix love triangle. YAY ME! As for the second question...pretty much dick all.

I think she's kinda cute from the pics she's show...

...uhm, yeah, they're doing a pretty damn good job by all accounts. A lot of the time the work CC's been doing hasn't shown up in shows or on the boards so much. But now, you can see the work being done. The seperating of the shows and the whole commercials ideas were fresh.

Competition and challenge. RP feds and stuff have a certain amount of it but in the end, you see the one match that's best and that's it. If you get the right opponent in the right situation, you feel like you really HAVE to write your ass off because you really want to win. Also, it's pretty damn unique.

If you suck, you lose. Also, I agree with Taamo...if you can't write excellent technical matches, the majority of the time you're going to lose out to technical masterpieces. I think Toxxic kinda bucked the trend with that but if you're not into much other than WWE, you're going to have a little trouble. I must say Bruce has done the smart thing in that and gone with the deathmatch style. There are ways around it, but at the same time, I changed my entire character's style so I could write more 'SWF' matches and it's been a real chore at times.

Prize money.

Yeah. Participation seems to be up, interesting stuff is happening...s'all good.

if you can't write excellent technical matches, the majority of the time you're going to lose out to technical masterpieces. I think Toxxic kinda bucked the trend with that but if you're not into much other than WWE, you're going to have a little trouble. I must say Bruce has done the smart thing in that and gone with the deathmatch style. There are ways around it, but at the same time, I changed my entire character's style so I could write more 'SWF' matches and it's been a real chore at times.
I think it's a real shame that you've done a complete overhaul to Maddix just to write "SWF" matches cause the individualism is just lost if everyone does the same type of match.

Which is one reason why I'm going the total opposite way - I saw the fed and saw all these small cruisers with top technical skills and all and thought "This place needs variety" - so enter a big brawler who just ain't that smart, who just ain't that polished in the ring but has other ways to get the job done.

If we have no variety then it'll be harder to tell the matches apart, there'd be no chance to write "big man Vs little man" matches, no styles clashes or anything like that that would challenge the writers styles as well as their talents.

---> I'm Chris Raynor. I signed on as Lockdown's booker early last year, and through divine intervention I have ascended to Majordomo/Grand Poobah of the SWF, though I'm pretty sure that's just figurative. :P

---> I think Judge deserves a medal for coming up with so many good ideas (commercials, recap shows, etc), and for kicking me in the ass and getting me started on them. I sadly but honestly admit I would have probably succumbed to Lazy Overlord Syndrome had Judge and Z not been here to back me up.

---> Our willingness to try new things. This mainly extends to the more recent House Rules matches, but really, I love the fact that most of the writers here are not only willing to put up with new (sometimes good, sometimes bad) ideas, but they're willing and able to pitch their own (usually much better than mine) ideas, and put them into effect.

---> The Tag Division, at the moment, but of course that has ups and downs just like the other divisions. Once it gets heated back up, the Cruiser division will disappear, then when that comes back, the Hardcore division will disappear. It's just a nasty trend, and it might account for some of the huge title reigns - every now and then, a champion will just run out of contenders. We do what we can to fix that, but it's always going to be happening with one title or another.

---> I think we need some vending machines in the CC room. And a lock on the door, to keep the riffraff out.

---> I do. We hit a rough patch of low-roster-ness a while ago (also something we go through in cycles), but we've come out of it with a healthy list of active writers, some old, some new. Storylines are running well, we've got some great talent backing the titles... I think we're doing just fine. :)

EDIT: To quickly address Akira and Pete's mentions of late shows. Evil, to be sure, but I think it's a necessary one. I may just be too nice a guy, but I'm always willing to give extensions to anyone who asks, provided they're not asking for an extra day or anything. I'd rather the card be late than start enforcing SUPER-STRICT DEADLINES OF NO RETURN. Plus, considering how flaky the boards have been lately, I don't want to risk putting my foot down only to get a lot of "I couldn't send my match on time, the boards were down!" kind of things happening.

We try, and on the rarest of occasions we succeed in getting things up on time, but mostly I think day-late shows and cards are the price we pay for our more relaxed atmosphere.

Edited by chirs3

Y'know, I think the worst thing in the world you can do is change your writing style in an attempt to 'fit in' better. In addition to doing something you simply aren't comfortable with, it's taxing and may speed up burnout, regardless of whether or not you end up more sucessful.

I have completely maintained that the whole "you need to write like so-and-so" thing is a myth. If you don't believe me, I think you should just talk to Wildchild. Both his writing style and his in-ring style remain completely unique, even after years of being part of the fed. The fact that he came into the SWF at a time when AJPW styled strike and head drop-based movesets were all the rage, and was not only immediately successful, but went on to be one of the most prolific writers of that entire year, should speak more to what being an individual does than anything else.

Wildchild is also arguably the best storyteller in the SWF - and when you boil everything else away, that is truly the most important factor.

-Z

I ams teh GOdrea, a person who has been around back before we had our own board (Oh, yeah, I also made the first stats template, which should get me a life-time world title reign, since without me, you losers would be nothing, but, whatever..). This year, I wrote a rushed Clusterfuck match as Matt "Gay Cowboy" Myers and returned as Jimmy the Doom (The only character with more than one match to not have yet lost a world title match. Planning on changing that soon, though.)

CC seems to be good, despite a lack of Galatea. Honestly, though, we've come a long way from the days of Jayson Grant marking all the matches (Especially fun when Clusterfuck rolled around), and CC seems to be good about giving people what they want. Hopefully that translates to criticism/advice on matches, as it seemed that MVS had a strict no feedback policy. Then again, I haven't really been following this current incarnation for very long, but come on, it's got Rayn Man, Judgeums, and Zedzilla.

Different styles/backgrounds so that most matches aren't the same regardless of writer. I think it's good to be able to tell a match's writer just by skimming it a bit (Not looking at the results). And this talk about 'only a certain style match gets a person to the upper echelon of the card' is pretty lamez0rs to me.

I think that now, with some rookies and returning vets , there shouldn't be too many no-shows, as a rook isn't burned out too much, and a vet would only be back because he/she wants to write.

That purple one with the yellow stripes. Seriously, though, probably the low rate of new members, but that doesn't seem to be the case right now. I guess also I miss a few stables or even a handful of tag teams running around, pranking each other and whatnot.

Let me mark my own matches. I deserve it. Also, I'd like to see a few more title defenses, though that might just be my old schoolery talking. I don't think it'd be a bad thing to temporarily de-activate a belt (Say, tag titles) if there isn't fresh competiton every few months. So, yeah, more tag teams. You selfish bastards.

Looks to be good, though if we could ever get a website that stays current for more than a few months would be nice.

IN CONCLUSION, I AM A RAMBLING LOON AND HAVE NO IDEA AS TO WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT. THANK YOU, AND MAY THE CUTTLEFISH BRING YOU MANY SMALL PIECES OF APPLE PIE AND DEAD EARS.

I'm Jay Hawke, and I've held the International Title longer than most people keep girlfriends.

Good for the most part, although they do have a tendency to forget what the storylines entail on occasional.

We have great writers who have a terrific sense of how to script a wrestling match, plus we have some guys who take great pride in a job well done.

Too many people take this stuff too seriously. Hell, I'm proud of the International Title reign, but considering how many matches as I've lost during the reign, I'd be a fool to be upset when I do finally lose it.

The show should become The Jay Hawke Show with everybody doing their promos about me, whether I'm in a program with them or not.

Sorry, Dusty Rhodes/Midnight Rider moment there.

Yep. Much more competition than there was when I first joined this time last year.