TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
El Psycho Diablo

Off-topic posting?

See:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=77335

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...opic=77322&st=0

It's funny to hear people complaining about how bad the WWE board is, then have blatantly off topic crap like this going on. Not to mention, it's the same guy derailing both threads. There's already a board for this sort of thing, so why not use it instead of trying to be witty and get yourself over?

The Kanyon thread was improper to begin with, as it's not a WWE matter, nor is it a topic that warrants serious discussion. That was deserved, and the thread was also closed.

The latter topic is just a continuation of a joke. No one's trying to "get themselves over," it's just humor. If it bothers you that much, steer the discussion back on track yourself with sound arguments stated intelligently and supported by evidence. If you can't do that -- or won't -- then you have no right to complain.

Guest Princess Leena

Both look like pretty obvious troll threads...

But, replying like they did certainly doesn't help matters.

If it's that bad, shouldn't it just be deleted, instead of used for post padding?

Are you suggesting that if a bad post isn't deleted in less than an hour after it's made, the mods aren't doing their job?! What are you, some kind of robot? They have lives. Until they show up to do their job, we now have a thread for soup.

I got the final say in the matter.

Admin (I believe it was him) did his job within one hour of the offending thread's creation. NOT GOOD ENOUGH for this guy! I vote we elect an entrely new administrative staff to meet each and every need of the TSM population.

If it's that bad, shouldn't it just be deleted, instead of used for post padding?

Post padding? I think its far more intelligent to discuss food products than make deliberate and pointless jabs at peoples sexual preference and height.

They were bad threads. The Kanyon thread was bad for several reasons, and the Masters/Benoit thread was obvious trolling. To even start discussing those topics would be validating them and the people making them and encouraging them to make more bad threads. Taking it off topic says that those kind of threads aren't going to be discussed here, so don't even bother making them, because you won't get the responses you're looking for, you'll get talk about soup and crackers.

See:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?showtopic=77335

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...opic=77322&st=0

It's funny to hear people complaining about how bad the WWE board is, then have blatantly off topic crap like this going on. Not to mention, it's the same guy derailing both threads. There's already a board for this sort of thing, so why not use it instead of trying to be witty and get yourself over?

You take these forums seriously, don't you?

I just found the tomato soup discussion more interesting. Food was more important than the topic, it was lunch time god dammit.

Plus after a serious of posts by a certain poster in other threads that about drove some of the WWE regular posters up a wall (not me though, that guy is hilarious in how serious he takes his gimmick), I think they needed a thread to contain the goofness and relax for an hour. I considered it a break room thread.

It's not like the serious threads get destroyed. Hell, there are plenty of threads in the WWE with serious discussion near the top. Everyone got an hour break to have some fun and then back to serious discussion. Seems reasonably fine to me.

We had a product named Dunkaroos down here as well, but I think it was different.

It was one of those cracker/bread stick and dip sort of snacks, not too bad.

We had a product named Dunkaroos down here as well, but I think it was different.

It was one of those cracker/bread stick and dip sort of snacks, not too bad.

that's the same as what they're talking about and they do still sell them.

No, I think they're talking about the cookie & frosting dip snack. They still sell those at Shop Rite in Montague, NJ, so load up your SUV and get up there!