TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest 2TuffTony

Do you think TNA might make a B Show now?

Guest 2TuffTony

Think about it. They have shows at Midnight on Monday, 11 on Saturday and 9 on Thursday. all for an hour each. I was thinking why dont they make saturday at 11 or midnight on monday a B show. make them have like 2 or 3 matches on there. they can be lower card or squash matches for the most part but i think they might as well u know? Cause they do have guys that are there and not doing anything. for example they have chris harris in a singles match james storm is there anyways. so y not have him have a match? same thing with guys doing interviews and stables like team canada.

idk just seems like y not cause they are paying the wrestlers anyways. What are your thoughts?

The Saturday slot is nothing more than a replay spot. Why they couldn't use it for another show, I'm not sure myself unless that's just the way SpikeTV wants it or they cannot do it just yet..but that makes no sense.

I guess SpikeTV doesn't want them to make two hours of original programming. I have no idea.

I don't know why they couldn't. But if they can...then they should.

Well they won't have the Monday slot once the move is complete, according to Meltz. It'll just be Thursdays at 9 and Saturdays at 11. But I'd be all for Xplosion running on Saturdays.

Well they won't have the Monday slot once the move is complete, according to Meltz. It'll just be Thursdays at 9 and Saturdays at 11. But I'd be all for Xplosion running on Saturdays.

I would too, but they gotta change up the Xplosion format if they do. Basically as it is now, its just a replay of Impact from the week before with Borash doing pointless intro cut-ins to the matches/angles. Plus they normally have one exclusive Xplosion low card match also.

As I said in another post, I really think TNA needs to be allowed to produce another hour of original content. Its not really any hair off Spike's ass if they do if you ask me as I would imagine TNA would be paying for the additional production costs associated with it. It just makes sense as TNA is still going to run into this problem of cramming everything and then some into an hour format. Having things spaced would make it more of a viable thing all around, and to be honest, I wouldnt even make a second show really a "B" show more than I would just have two equal running programs each week, akin to Raw/Smackdown. You can space out things more and, at very least, give more time to the matches.

Guest El Satanico

A possible problem for TNA, could be the cost of bringing in extra workers to cover two hours of programming. I don't know how many guys are under contract, so it may not be an issue.

They could film the two hours on the same taping day.

I wouldnt even make a second show really a "B" show more than I would just have two equal running programs each week, akin to Raw/Smackdown. You can space out things more and, at very least, give more time to the matches.

I thought sprucing up Xplosion kinda went without saying...I remember they put some energy into the show right before Victory Road, but then stopped once they started taping the shows bi-weekly (I think at times they did three shows a taping in December of 04). But yeah, I'd much rather see another hour of television then a replay.

Guest Princess Leena

I don't think it would be smart for TNA to create a better show than Impact.

Guest Coffey

Kinda tough to have a "B show" when they've never really had an "A show." I mean, who's going to be on the "B show?" Buck Quartermain, who's already all over iMPACT! getting squashed? What, would he have "a chance to shine" a.k.a. win a match, on the "B show?"

Guest Princess Leena

TNA already has an F show in Xplosion. I watched it on a Hong Kong channel!

They'll eventually get the extra hour if they continue to increase their ratings. Atleast imo, it's only a matter of time.

Guest Timmer
Kinda tough to have a "B show" when they've never really had an "A show." I mean, who's going to be on the "B show?" Buck Quartermain, who's already all over iMPACT! getting squashed? What, would he have "a chance to shine" a.k.a. win a match, on the "B show?"

Exactly, let's focus on making one solid show before we start thinking about expanding into more shows...