TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BillyTheStud

Hard Gay Austin Aries

Thats not him, it's clearly Howie from the Backstreet Boys.

Why the hell is TNA giving everyone a stupid gimmick/makeover?!

Because every other X Divsion wrestler based post online consists of the words "personality" and "no", so I can only suppose they're trying to do something about it.... Not that I think they're nessessarilly doing a good job with it though.

Guest Coffey
Seems like GenNext is going the 80's route, what with Shelley's new 'do making him look like a lost member of The Cure.

At the Ring of Honor show that I went to in Dayton, OH (1/27/06) the crowd actually chanted "Flock of Seagulls" at Shelley. I thought it was pretty funny. They chanted something else first but I can't remember what it was because it wasn't as funny.

Tenay called it a mix of Adonis and Ventura and I agree. And I also agree with him that it's a weird combination I thought I'd never see.

Rarely do you see an old tag team mixed together into one man.

Did you idiots complaining about the gimmick actually watch Impact?

It's supposed to be silly. Aries mentioned during the backstage interview that TNA officials told them to go out and get personality, and Aries took that as being told to get a new outfit.

Seems like GenNext is going the 80's route, what with Shelley's new 'do making him look like a lost member of The Cure.

At the Ring of Honor show that I went to in Dayton, OH (1/27/06) the crowd actually chanted "Flock of Seagulls" at Shelley. I thought it was pretty funny. They chanted something else first but I can't remember what it was because it wasn't as funny.

They were trying to chant "Alex is Emo." It didn't work. It wasn't as bad as "Kick him in the taint" every five minutes, though

Guest Bammey

Guess TNA took Jericho's advice and decided to do something to make Aries and Strong look different.

Austin Aries is a hometown guy (I'm also from Milwaukee) so I'm loving seeing him on Impact every week. And the guy can kick ass too!

Now Candace Michelle... well, she ain't bad either. ;)

Milwaukee is a great place... lol...

Austin Aries is a hometown guy (I'm also from Milwaukee) so I'm loving seeing him on Impact every week.

I had the same feeling when watching Mikey Batts. And then...puff...he just disappeared. I don't think the same will happen to Aries, though. A lot of people have said he'll be main eventing TNA by 2007. I think that's a stretch, but I could easily see him being in Chris Daniels' or AJ's TNA positions by then.

Austin Aries is a hometown guy (I'm also from Milwaukee) so I'm loving seeing him on Impact every week.

I had the same feeling when watching Mikey Batts. And then...puff...he just disappeared. I don't think the same will happen to Aries, though. A lot of people have said he'll be main eventing TNA by 2007. I think that's a stretch, but I could easily see him being in Chris Daniels' or AJ's TNA positions by then.

Isn't Batts in OVW now?

Isn't Batts in OVW now?

One of the WWE dev camps. I remember thinking it was ironic because they fired Kidman, then hired Batts, who I believe is Kidman's cousin or something... he's a relative, I know that much.

One of the WWE dev camps. I remember thinking it was ironic because they fired Kidman, then hired Batts, who I believe is Kidman's cousin or something... he's a relative, I know that much.

Yet TNA, for some reason, continues to show Mikey Batts getting "Pounced" by Monty Brown in the Impact intro even though Batts is no longer with the company.

I actually like the strange little push TNA is giving their "Generation Next" unit. It's strange but it works, at least with Aries & Shelley.

The X-Division at times (i.e. everyone but Joe/Daniels/Styles) lacks personality, and this gives it a little without hurting the wrestling product than I'm all for it.

Isn't Batts in OVW now?

He's in OVW, sort of doing a Spike Dudley/Mikey Whipreck gimmick.

Guest El Satanico

Why? It's just entrance gear.

Unless, it's stupid shit like Steamboat dressing like a Dragon, I don't see the problem.

Chris Sabin changed his look too, I'm not crazy about it

sabinnew.jpg