TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan & Goldust - Tag Team Champions?

This more than likely doesn't mean anything, but I figured a lot of you would have something witty to say about it. From PWInsider:

There's talk about making Hacksaw Duggan a recurring character, possibly as half of a tag team with Goldust.

I agree. Isn't it funny how they say "making Hacksaw Duggan a recurring character" instead of wrestler, while at the same time wanting to make him a tag team?

What a concept! Next week, Thea will return and tag with Shelton against Kane and Big Show. Sports entertainment at its finest ;)

This more than likely doesn't mean anything, but I figured a lot of you would have something witty to say about it. From PWInsider:

There's talk about making Hacksaw Duggan a recurring character, possibly as half of a tag team with Goldust.

Wow. The one wrestler I hate more than Hogan.

I look forward to the epic Randy "Legendkiller" Orton vs. "Fuckstick" Jim Duggan feud

Why is WWE obsessed with bringing in these journeymen types who aren't even true "legends" and trying to push them? No one seriously wants to see Jim Duggan on a recurring basis.

Why is WWE obsessed with bringing in these journeymen types who aren't even true "legends" and trying to push them? No one seriously wants to see Jim Duggan on a recurring basis.

I do.

Wrestlecrap > Bland, run of the mill crap

Guest Evolution

I do.

I concur with this. If WWE can't make good wrestling television, they better either do it terribly or just not do it at all, because bland television where you can't even say "This is total Wrestlecrap" is just boring.

I do.

I concur with this. If WWE can't make good wrestling television, they better either do it terribly or just not do it at all, because bland television where you can't even say "This is total Wrestlecrap" is just boring.

This is true somewhat, but I think that was Russo's intention after being red taped so much and we know how that turned out for wcw.

Russo claims a lot of things.

I guess you don't buy him single handily bringing the wwe back to the #1 position then in 1998 and 1999 :D

He was part of that success, no doubt about that. The key word is 'part'.

In his recent WOL appearance, Russo tried to take credit for WWE getting super hot in 2000-1.

Oh, I'm being sarcastic about the Russo thing. He does talk a lot of crap. I remember The Rock saying he came up with his own material and not Russo on OTR one time.

Guest Timmer

Reasons:

24/7 Wrestling channel

Also:

For Golddust: he's Dusty's son and he still is one of the best workers on the roster

For Duggan: Cause some dumb writer thought of the "hoooo" connection :rolleye:

I'd rather see a Goldust/Boogieman tag team, putting Boogieman in a tag team situation would mask his obvious weakness as a worker while still playing on the strengths of the character.

That could work, but in the end it is still a freak tagging with a guy who eats worms.

And you're telling me that combination doesn't go together?

For Golddust: he's Dusty's son and he still is one of the best workers on the roster

If his TNA run was anything to go by then I doubt he's one of the best workers on the roster.

I do.

I wish I didn't agree with that statement, but I do.

I'd take Goldust/Duggan as a comedy team of champions over Show & Kane doing nothing with their titles in a heartbeat.

Maybe they'll actually be entertaining too...

If his TNA run was anything to go by then I doubt he's one of the best workers on the roster.

I think that's true, but for some strange reason to me at least, it always seems like Dustin puts on his A-Game as Goldust. Not TAFKA Goldust, or himself, when he is Goldust, he seems extra motivated almost.