TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jebus

OAO Against All Odds PPV thread

The FULL line-up from wrestlingobserver.com:

--TNA PPV preview and line-up in this order tomorrow:

Dark matches

*Ron Killings vs. A-1: Killings is in line for a singles push, so should be a clean win here

*Cassidy Riley & Shark Boy & Lance Hoyt vs. Shannon Moore & David Young & Elix Skipper: This could go either way, although Shark Boy and Riley seem the lowest on the totem poll out of this group

PPV

*Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens vs. Austin Aries & Roderick Strong - A rematch of their TV bout, just given more time. Aries & Strong won on TV, but also are being pushed more. Designed to be a good opener

*Alex Shelley vs. Matt Bentley vs. Jay Lethal vs. Petey Williams - This is a big test for Lethal, being it's his first match where he'll be given time in the promotion, and in a sense for Bentley, who hasn't look so good of late and is in a match that should be fast paced X division style. By all rights this should be a good undercard match

*Homicide & Apolo vs. James Gang. Your usual 6:00 angle and mic work where the big question is how ridiculous will Kip James dress himself

*Chris Harris & James Storm vs. Sonjay Dutt & Chris Sabin for the NWA tag titles. I don't think anyone sees a title change coming, nor do I. Again booked more to deliver an entertaining match. It certainly has a chance to be anything from average to great.

*Rhino vs. Abyss in a falls count anywhere match. Expect something crazy

*Samoa Joe vs. A.J. Styles vs. Christopher Daniels for the X Division title. Their 9/11 match is now generally considered the best match in TNA history. This is the first rematch. They've got a ridiculously high standard to live up to.

*Team 3-D vs. Bobby Roode & Eric Young. Fans picked this match in a legit voting.

*Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage for the NWA title. I hope it isn't this, but probably will be. Brawl all over the building for 5:00. A bunch of ref bumps, run-ins, and weapons shots for near falls on Cage. And by the time you get to the finish you really don't care. Maybe they'll deviate and make it something good.

Feeling is buy rate will be down from last month. If it holds steady it would be a great sign. On paper, the three-way looks to be the only killer match, but aside from LAX vs. James Gang which everyone knows what it will be going in (short brawl, neither bad nor particularly good), every match on the show has the potential to be good. It has potential to be a great show but it is not the show where you say it's a sure thing.

I'll say it for everybody else on here, FUCK JARRETT if he doesn't give Christian the world title!

Guest Coffey

With TNA getting a new CEO, this PPV is going to be important. If someone like Bentley has a bad showing, they might be out of a job. I plan on watching just because I expect to see everyone busting their ass so they're not looked at as "dead weight." Especially with TNA bringing in so many ROH guys lately. People like Bentley have to make sure that someone like Aries or Lethal don't steal their spot. Now is not the time to come off as bland.

I should note, Austin Aries and Roderick Strong decided to work tonight's ROH show instead of flying to Orlando early to beat the snowstorm.

Lethal, 'Cide and Shelley were also booked for that show and have agreed to cancel the ROH show and fly to Orlando.

Some might argue this is suicide from Aries and Strong.

Guest GoJoe

On paper, that looks like the strongest card TNA has ever had. Let's hope it lives up to expectations.

Guest Coffey

Suicide for Aries and Strong? What about Shelley? Didn't he have a title match tonight against AmDrag?

Suicide for Aries and Strong? What about Shelley? Didn't he have a title match tonight against AmDrag?

Shelley's situation is understandable. Shelley has the "money in the bank" stipulation to fall back on. He wasn't going to win the title anyways.

Aries and Strong choosing to stick with ROH tonight, in the opinion of some mis-guided fans thinks its suicide to risk missing a PPV with the new CEO looking over for a indy show in LI.

Why is it misguided? If I was the new CEO, and I see a couple of my workers blow off a PPV for my promotion - not a regular TV taping, a fucking PPV - for some indy gig, it wouldn't endear them to me.

Why is it misguided? If I was the new CEO, and I see a couple of my workers blow off a PPV for my promotion - not a regular TV taping, a fucking PPV - for some indy gig, it wouldn't endear them to me.

I say mis-guided because some fans see it as TNA screwing with ROH.

Than those people are idiots. PPVs are planned months in advance and TNA would have to have some kind of seer on the payroll to predict that a massive snowstorm was going to hit that exact weekend to fuck up transportation.

Guest Coffey

They're not blowing off the PPV though. The PPV is tomorrow. They're not blowing it off, there's just a chance that weather could keep them from making it back.

I guess TNA found out Gen Next won't make it to Orlando or are just preparing for them not to get to Orlando.

I really hope this decision doesn't hurt Gen Next.

Where's Monty Brown? Hoyt?Killings?

I'm shocked they didn't have Brown and Killings go at it strong last night so they could justify a match between the two.

Hoyt's on the pre-show with Shark Boy and Riley against Diamonds in the Rough and Moore.

Don't forget about the "referee situation" alluded to by Christian on Impact. Although if there was going to be a special referee, I'm assuming it would have been hyped as such by now.

Don't forget about the "referee situation" alluded to by Christian on Impact. Although if there was going to be a special referee, I'm assuming it would have been hyped as such by now.

I will say it's Dave Hebner, and TNA will try to imitate montreal in their quest to be innovative.

Guest nokia

PWInsider is reporting that former WWE Official Earl Hebner will debut with TNA Sunday night as the referee for the Jeff Jarrett vs Christian Cage NWA World title match main event

PWInsider is reporting that former WWE Official Earl Hebner will debut with TNA Sunday night as the referee for the Jeff Jarrett vs Christian Cage NWA World title match main event

How many ref bumps will he take in the main event?

I swear, if they think of what I think they could be thinking of, I will not be happy. One promotion who can't get over a particular event is enough.

I think they will but with a twist, this time the heel gets screwed by the referee.

It works with the whole TNA management Vs Planet Jarrett thing, you can have it that Gayda paid Hebner off to screw Jarrett.

That allows Jarrett to not job clean and puts the title on Christian.

Would it be equally stupid as Hebner screwing another canadian? Yes.

What about this scenario:

Ref bump, JJ goes for the guitar, Sting drops in from the rafters and destroys the guitar with a baseball shot then takes 3 strikes at JJ with the bat, Christain hits his finisher and goes for the pin for the win, the Hebner twin makes the 3 count.