SmackDown!

Rey Mysterio beat SYLVAN!!!! After the match Orton

comes out and just says Rey will never main event a

Wrestlemania and wont beat him at NWO

Greg Helms beat Scotty 2 Hotty( Kid Kash was not at

the show) after the match Helms claims he can beat all

the cruiserweights, so Nunzio, Funaki, Mexicools, and

HOtty Jump Helms and it is Announced that Helms will

face all the Cruiserweights at No Way Out.

JBL and Finlay beat Benoit and Lashley after Booker

nailed Benoit with a Chair

Matt Hardy beat Simon Dean. It is announced that Hardy

and a Partner vs MNM at No Way Out

Kurt Angle and Undertaker Beat MNM and Mark Henry.

After the match, Taker gives Henry a Tombstone

Eh, at least tag with Benoit/Finlay has potential.

edit: If a mod could add "airing" after 2/17 int the title I would be most grateful.

I wonder who Matt's partner will be! Couldn't be his house show parter and former MNM rival Animal, could it?

Wonder where Kash was. Also, didn't they do this exact same concept (CW open, champion says he is unbeatable) with Kid Kash exaclty one PPV ago?

Greg Helms beat Scotty 2 Hotty( Kid Kash was not at

the show) after the match Helms claims he can beat all

the cruiserweights, so Nunzio, Funaki, Mexicools, and

HOtty Jump Helms and it is Announced that Helms will

face all the Cruiserweights at No Way Out.

How innovative

After the match Orton

comes out and just says Rey will never main event a

Wrestlemania and wont beat him at NWO

WWE has really gotten into giving away spoilers lately, haven't they?

I hope Matt Hardy turns on his partner at NWO and turns Heel and joins MNM. Would be kinda cool cause he has the MNM look and he's a pretty good wrestler who deserves more.

With how they are burying Matt Hardy, Hardy's going to be to MNM what Crash Holly was to the V1 stable in 2003.

"The Norfolk Scope was completely sold out, I saw the seats filled to the very top of the arena. The crowd was very live all night long. Tazz and Cole came out to a nice pop and then a Hall of Fame themed video played. Pyros went off and out came Rey Mysterio for the first match.

Rey Mysterio defeated Sylvan with a 619, followed by a pin. Lots of Eddie chants. As soon as the match ended, Randy Orton appeared at the top of the ramp in street clothes. He stated, "Rey, you are lucky you gave me a concussion last week or I'd come to the ring and beat your a$%." He then said that despite his comments about Guerrero last week, at least Eddie main-evented WrestleMania. "You Rey Mysterio, are no Eddie Guerrero," came next with the usual blather of "you'll never main event WM ..."

Backstage, Rey meets up with Kurt Angle who reminds Rey about all the people who said he could never make it in the WWE, could never win the Rumble, etc. Kurt demands that Rey never say never and that "it would be my honor to face you in the main event at WM." Mark Henry then appears and declares he will be taking out both Kurt and the Undertaker in tonight's main event handicap match. Suddenly, Daivari shows up and hustles Mark Henry off.

Orlando Jordan is in the ring and declaring that "there isn't anyone in that locker room I can't beat" while the crowd screams about his tapping out. Who then shows up but the Boogeyman. The smoke and fire was impressive and he proceeds to squash Jordan like a bug in less than one minute. It takes longer for the crew to clean up the worms in the ring and on the ramp then the entire match. But, the people love the Boogeyman, especially all the kids around me.

Next, footage from the "No Way Out" press conference runs on the Titantron. Then we see Nunzio, Big Vito, Funaki, the Mexicools, Paul London, and Brian Kendrick backstage in a huddle. Gregory Helms breaks through the group acting arrogant and saying something I could not quite make out. Helms proceeds to the ring and we have a cruiserweight championship match against Scotty 2 Hotty. Helms wins and declares he will do the same to every cruiserweight backstage. Then, Helms begins a beat down on Scotty - which brings the entire group we saw backstage running to the ring. They proceed to beat down Helms and then each hits him with a big move, ending with Scotty giving him the Worm - another crowd pleaser.

The video package on the Undertaker plays and then we go backstage once again where Helms is being iced by a trainer. Theodore Long enters and tells Helms he will be meeting each and every one of the cruiserweights at No Way Out in a championship match.

Next up is Crystal, who is ready to interview Pirate Paul Burchill. Before they get started, Mr. Kennedy interrupts and begins mocking Pirate Paul's persona. That goes on until Paul pulls out his pirate sword and puts it up to Kennedy's neck, leading to a lot of apologetic backsliding.

Out comes Booker T and Sharmell, who head to the announcers table and settle in for our next match, which puts JBL and Finlay (w/ Jillian Hall) against Chris Benoit and Bobby Lashley. There is a very cool spot where Benoit goes out of the ring and ends up caught in the ring apron while Finley pounds him. This is a good brawling match that the crowd was into and ends with JBL pinning Benoit.

Simon Dean and the Gyminis come out and berate the crowd about their weight. This is interrupted by the entrance of Matt Hardy, who gets an enormous pop from the crowd, second only to Mysterio's at the beginning of the show. Hardy pins Dean after a Twist of Fate.

A video package airs on Kurt Angle and then the Raw Rebound, which spoils the show for everyone in the arena who planned to watch it Thursday night. I was surprised no announcement was ever made that Raw was going to air on Thursday.

We then cut backstage where we see Matt Hardy and Melina. Matt tells her he accepts her offer to take on MNM and will do so at No Way Out with a partner that is yet to be selected.

Finally, the main event which is a 3 on 2 match with MNM and Mark Henry taking on Angle and Undertaker. Undertaker gets the biggest pop of the night and the match begins. The competitive rivalry between Angle and Undertaker is played up throughout the match and then Mercury taps out to the ankle lock "

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
"The Norfolk Scope was completely sold out, I saw the seats filled to the very top of the arena. The crowd was very live all night long. Tazz and Cole came out to a nice pop and then a Hall of Fame themed video played. Pyros went off and out came Rey Mysterio for the first match.

Rey Mysterio defeated Sylvan with a 619, followed by a pin. Lots of Eddie chants. As soon as the match ended, Randy Orton appeared at the top of the ramp in street clothes. He stated, "Rey, you are lucky you gave me a concussion last week or I'd come to the ring and beat your a$%." He then said that despite his comments about Guerrero last week, at least Eddie main-evented WrestleMania. "You Rey Mysterio, are no Eddie Guerrero,"

Can we officially put Lloyd Bentsen in the "People with more charisma than Randy Orton" pile?

I am still waiting for Gibson/Benoit. Seriously, it's not like Benoit hasn't worked velocity before.

Just give them 12-15 minutes and you'll get alot of traffic for WWE.com.

We then cut backstage where we see Matt Hardy and Melina. Matt tells her he accepts her offer to take on MNM and will do so at No Way Out with a partner that is yet to be selected.

I thought she was trying to get Matt to join her stable?

ends with JBL pinning Benoit.

Boy, this place would have exploded two years ago over this. You all have a soft spot for JBL now. Admit it!

Boy, this place would have exploded two years ago over this. You all have a soft spot for JBL now. Admit it!

I admit it. JBL is easily one of my favorites on Smackdown right now, only behind Angle and Benoit.

I liked Birchall's old gimmick as a guy who just likes to fight. His first major promo when Regal was doing commentary was gold, something like:

"I've always loved beating blokes up, and now I get paid to do it!"

He had the look that made you actually believe it. A rough and tumble looking guy.

Guest wildpegasus
I am still waiting for Gibson/Benoit. Seriously, it's not like Benoit hasn't worked velocity before.

Just give them 12-15 minutes and you'll get alot of traffic for WWE.com.

They had a match on a house show rescently. Reported to be excellent.

Noble's a BIG fan of Benoit btw.

Probably because he's the only good heel wrestler left on the show.

Guest J0bber

I thought she was trying to get Matt to join her stable?

I've always had a soft spot for JBL, ever since he did that skit where he prevented the Mexicans from crossing the border. Gold!

So the sum total of the build for the Angle / Taker match is "the competitive rivalry is played up through out the match"?

how weak is that? I mean they've got Taker'Lighting at the Rumble and then... well I guess the announcement of the match and... hell if I know, it's not been much.

Do they expect the match to sell itself with "Hey it's Angle and the Undertaker - something you haven't seen since Angle was a healthy human and the Undertaker made more than 10 apperances a year"?

just cancel the PPV and be done with it instead of such inept booking

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
So the sum total of the build for the Angle / Taker match is "the competitive rivalry is played up through out the match"?

how weak is that? I mean they've got Taker'Lighting at the Rumble and then... well I guess the announcement of the match and... hell if I know, it's not been much.

Do they expect the match to sell itself with "Hey it's Angle and the Undertaker - something you haven't seen since Angle was a healthy human and the Undertaker made more than 10 apperances a year"?

just cancel the PPV and be done with it instead of such inept booking

They're too busy running commercials promoting Batista/Taker

Next up is Crystal, who is ready to interview Pirate Paul Burchill. Before they get started, Mr. Kennedy interrupts and begins mocking Pirate Paul's persona. That goes on until Paul pulls out his pirate sword and puts it up to Kennedy's neck, leading to a lot of apologetic backsliding.

I can't believe they're really sticking Burchill with this lame ass gimmick.