TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gWIL

An idea for the end of Joe's undefeated streak...

Move Joe up to the "hardcore" division. Welcome him in with someone like Abyss, Rhino, etc... beating the shit out of him. It adds some depth to Joe's character, as we see if he can finally try going against guys his own size... and it ends this ridiculous push that needed to be stopped long ago. If Joe wants to be taken as a serious World Title contender, force the guy to get in some better conditioning. And gives an opportunity to build a legitimate character for him... because what he's got now ain't gonna work.

While I don't necessarily agree with the end of the post. Moving him up and "beyond" the X-division is not such a bad idea.

But you still have him dropping the title in a match. Lose to Daniels/AJ or lose to someone TNA builds up, a loss is a loss.

Not if he doesnt get pinned in the three way matches w/ Styles and Daniels, yet, say, Daniels gets the title back when he pins Styles. Then Joe can leave the X division and still have his no loss record in tact. Bottom line is that they cant have an X guy beat him when they need to move him up higher on the roster chain.

Mike, that's a good idea. Lynn/Joe goes on, and Joe just WRECKS Lynn's knee. Lynn tries to hit a dropkick, but can't get height and hits Joe in the ribs (as he puts his hands up to protect his face), and as Lynn rolls on the mat clutching his knee and trying to work up enough adrenaline to fight through the pain...Joe gasps for air.

It's the trench of the Death Star: his ribs. Whoever is the first to win over Joe knows the gameplan going in, and maybe even injures Joe's ribs in a brawl or something before the PPV match where Joe loses. That not only puts over Joe a little more than it should (the man had injured ribs and STILL competed and STILL came close to winning), but also whoever does it (they were smart enough to weaken his only weakspot and then exploit it, PLUS they beat the unbeatable).

Guest flair4thegold

I read somewhere about maybe moving Ron Killings to the X division. Can't rember if it was here or on pwinsider...either way I like the idea of moving him into this division and maybe having him end Joe's reign. They should battle of the course of 2 or 3 PPVS with Joe getting a close win in their first meeting.

WIth the glut of talent in the world title picture, Killings is lost. Unless he joins the James gang, which I think may happen soon (hopfully it never happens though)

WIth the glut of talent in the world title picture, Killings is lost. Unless he joins the James gang, which I think may happen soon (hopfully it never happens though)

The only way that pairing would work is if they formed a stable instead of Truth joining them and becoming "one of the James Gang." I'd be against the pairing, as it would lead Killings to more stable wars with Team Canada, which he already did with 3LK. It *could* work if they played him as the HHH of the group (as in DX). Truth and the Jameses could have a high-profile fued against Jarrett and AMW, for instance. Mostly though, I'd rather see Killings stand on his own as a lone wolf, like in the early days.

Regardless, Killings should remain in the world title scene and work his way up. He could have awesome fueds with Monty, Abyss, and like I said, even Jarrett.

No. Killings is all punch/kick, so no. He's GOOD at punch/kick, and his matches are always worth watching, but no.

Exactly. You can't have someone beat Joe with a striking offence because they've spent months building Joe's strikes as super deadly. They need to use someone can logically expose a flaw in Joe's arsenal, ala CM Punk trying to beat Joe with better conditioning in ROH. Having someone beat Joe with his own strengths makes Joe look weak. I'd love to see a one-off Killings/Joe match though.

I'd say Lethal is likely to end the streak, if only because Joe is his mentor. I think Lethal could be believable in the Punk role of trying to outlast Joe, but that sort of match would work better with at least 30 minutes and on a TNA PPV I guess that's a little too much. Other way is, they play up the Joe/Lethal mentor/student relationship and have Lethal counter all of Joe's signature spots, then beat him with a flash rollup or something out of nowhere.

The thing about Joe is, I think it was Leena who mentioned better conditioning. He IS in good condition cardio wise, and probably even strong as hell considering some of the stuff I've seen him do. The big problem is probably his diet. Genetics and diet probably have a lot to do with his physical appearance. You can do all the exercise in the world, but if you eat like shit you're gonna look like it. If he was ever to get ripped or whatever the term is now, then cool. He'll do fine how he looks, and I do agree they need to flesh out his character more.

I'd like to see them play up the fact that he's well spoken and sophisticated outside of the ring, but once he hits the ring he becomes a wrecking machine.

Guest El Satanico

I'm sure Joe has good conditioning in reality, but they are talking about it as a storyline. He looks out of shape to the eye, so in the storyline you say his weakness is poor conditioning.

But that can be countered by saying "well, this challenger has a six-pack and perfect pecs, but that's because he tortures himself to LOOK great, whereas Joe trains to BE great."

Why not just have Joe, after a three moremonths (so it's a fairly lengthy reign), just throw down the belt (because he's focused now on something bigger- the world title)or have it stripped from him by Zybysko, which frees him up to go after the World Champ. This would be ala the Stone Cold - Rock IC title feud when Austin threw the belt in the river because the Rock was going to get it, I think, because of the Board of trustees or something like that (don't remember exactly everything)....Makes sense to me, or just do the title for title where Joe wins and the X title is then settled in a tournamentthe next PPV.

And while you're at that, just bury the X Division while you're at it.

It ain't gonna happen. Unlike the IC title situation, the X and WHC are treated as equal in TNA, or are supposed to be at least.

I think they're doing Ultimate X to get the Title of Joe without ending his unbeaten streak. That way they can move him into the NWA Title picture, as Christian needs credible heel challengers when he's done with Brown.