TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angle-plex

Your thoughts....

A guy* is teasing a mentally handicapped girl. He asks her if she wears diapers and she starts balling. The guy gets kicked out of school for sexual harrasment because, as the principle says "We all know where diapers go".

What are your thoughts regarding this situation?

*No I am not this guy

Guest Vitamin X

It's actually spelt bawling. I hardly doubt she whipped out a basketball and busted out a crossover into a layup afterwards.

As for my thoughts regarding the situation, as with pretty much any reply that's going to follow this, we'll just cover it by saying "THAT'S BULLSHIT".

Guest Smues

expulsion is probbably too extreme. But really, you don't need to be harassing the retarded kid. But my opioninsa wont matter unmtil I red this again in the morning.

who makes fun of retards to their face? honestly? fuck that dude.

Modified for accuracy.

But...how is asking if somebody wears a diaper sexual harassment? So if I were to ask my friend Mike in junior year if he remembered to wear his boxers THAT would be sexual harassment?

Give the kid a suspension for making fun of a 'tard, and then let him come back with the knowledge that you aren't gonna take his shit.

But...how is asking if somebody wears a diaper sexual harassment? So if I were to ask my friend Mike in junior year if he remembered to wear his boxers THAT would be sexual harassment?

Give the kid a major assbeating for making fun of a 'tard, and then let him come back with the knowledge that you aren't gonna take his shit.

Modified for accuracy.

And re: your question about your friend Mike, I think it depends on the friendship-level between the asker and the underwear wearer ... if you ask a friend that, no one will know & thus no one will care. But if you went to some random kid (that wasn't a friend of yours) and asked about their underwear, then it could be considered harrassment.

Plus, I'm willing to wager that they used "harrassment" just so it wouldn't be "you're in trouble for making fun of a retard".

Plus, I'm willing to wager that they used "harrassment" just so it wouldn't be "you're in trouble for making fun of a retard".

That sounds very likely.

This is, of course, absurd. Sure, the guy is an asshat for picking on a retard, but to expel him for sexual harrassment is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

retards became unfunny to me, sometime during high school. It's something that happens a few years after adolesence.

I'm with Rant. If you see an overly goofy 'tard and you don't laugh, even when you leave their presence? You're too PC, man. I try my best not to laugh whenever I see this guy that is in hid mid-30's who works at the nearest WalMart and has the same disorder that Gary Coleman and Webster do (in fact, he looks JUST LIKE Webster), but damn as soon as he's out of hearing range...I crack up.

The grocery store I worked at, years ago, had its restroom in the receiving area, which I was in charge of. Down the street from the store is a retard care center (I'm sure there's a nice name for this, but I don't fucking know what it is) and often times a group would come in with their caretaker/watcher/whatever-you-call-it. I fucking hated them because invariably one or more of them would use the men's room and make a big fucking mess with the most god-awful smell ever.

retards became unfunny to me, sometime during high school. It's something that happens a few years after adolesence.

Ron and Fez had a skit on their 100th show on XM special called "If retards ruled the world" or something to that effect..and I about cracked up at "From now on we ride the big bus..not the short one!!"

"If Retards Ruled the World" download zip file

I haven't laughed at retards since probably 98 or 99.

Even if I still did, why would you laugh at one to their face. God help us, as Czech suggested, just watch Other Sister.

But explusion? Bunk.

Eh, I used to make fun of them when I would be in OCS and they would come in early to get lunch. Of course not to their faces, and with my friends. Like when one kid yelled out, "ARRRGHHHH.... HAMBURGERRRR!" and proceeded to devour the thing... I just lost it right then and there.

Oh yeah and this is bullshit. Just suspend the little shit for a week.

I'm with Rant. If you see an overly goofy 'tard and you don't laugh, even when you leave their presence? You're too PC, man.

Or I don't find unfortunate genetic arrangements (or accidents, or whatever else may render someone handicapped) funny. It's really no better than being a racist in my mind, since this is far more often than not something over which the person has no control. The exception to this would be something like a guy being rendered an invalid due to a drunk driving accident or some shit, and even then it's not something to laugh about.

"I have a fully functioning brain and body whereas you do not! Haha!"

In my dorm, there were two guys in motorized wheelchairs trying to round a corner in the hallway but they got tangled up or something and couldn't do it. I almost laughed, because it looked like bumper cars gone awry, but I didn't. I suppose I could've helped, but that's not my job.

Agreed about The Other Sister. Another such movie that's good for a chuckle is Riding the Bus with My Sister. It's 90 minutes of Rosie O'Donnell doing a bad Peewee Herman imitation. Nothing against retarded people; that's just how all crappy actors seem to portray them.

My cousin is autistic, but I can still laugh at things like "Special Fred" because I know it's just a joke. Sick and twisted definitely, but still just humor. It's a form of escapism.

Speaking of Pee Wee Herman, I've wondered about what exactly Paul Ruebens intended the character to be. Originally I mean, before he turned it into a children's character.

Also Mary Poppins... was she supposed to be some sort of witch or what?

I'm with Rant. If you see an overly goofy 'tard and you don't laugh, even when you leave their presence? You're too PC, man.

Or I don't find unfortunate genetic arrangements (or accidents, or whatever else may render someone handicapped) funny. It's really no better than being a racist in my mind, since this is far more often than not something over which the person has no control. The exception to this would be something like a guy being rendered an invalid due to a drunk driving accident or some shit, and even then it's not something to laugh about.

"I have a fully functioning brain and body whereas you do not! Haha!"

Everyone has seen a goofy one. The kind that are at the grocery store and wig out about mellons or decide to talk to everyone in line or run through the streets going "YAY~!" I've seen those types and I'll laugh, I don't wish that upon someone nor to I laugh at those who are stuck in a wheel chair* and don't think you should walk up to a retard, point, laugh and give him a wedgie.

* Though anyone in a wheel chair going down an incline out of control is funny.

I think Reubens wanted Herman to just be a 12-year-old boy with a wild imagination. I've seen one stand-up he did as Peewee, and not only was it fucking hilarious, but it was also just like the kid's show but with more subtley dirty jokes.

I fucking hated them because invariably one or more of them would use the men's room and make a big fucking mess with the most god-awful smell ever.

I hate walking in a restroom and, well, I'll leave it to your imaginations. That's when I laugh, not when one pushes a girl down the stairs in high school. Yes, I've seen that before.

My laughter isn't at their misfortunes, I just think shit on a bathroom wall is funny.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

My high school best friend once turned around quickly and accidentally knocked over the kid in the wheelchair. I've never heard so many gasps.