TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest darktaken

PROMO: In For a Penny

Guest darktaken
“Destruction cometh; and they shall seek peace, and there shall be none.”
Ezekiel 7:25

=-_-_-=

"If you don't mind me saying so, Mister..." Peters looks quickly at his desk, eyeing the name of the man he's meeting with. "...Hojo, I'm not exactly sure why you feel this is such a necessity."

The office of Joseph Peters is dim, away from the evening light. Venetian blinds have been drawn across the impressive plate glass windows offering a scenic view of downtown Chicago. A late afternoon meeting is not his preference, but the importance of this man, and his proposition, simply couldn't be ignored. When a new company is willing to do business with the SWF, and requests a meeting with the commissioner at his Chicago office, it is indicative of someone with something serious to discuss. On his oaken desk is a folder, open to a page with a bold-faced header reading "New Security Detail Proposition," to which Peters has his undivided attention. He looks up at last, and across the room, towards the stylish lowback chair his client is sitting in.

"Oh come now, Mr. Peters. I think it's become clear that your current security providers simply aren't living up to their guarantee,” that man in question speaks. “I'm sure that Kevin Coyote would tend to agree with my assessment of the situation."

And that man in question's slight stature and impressive dress make him almost instantly recognizable. Although his face is, as always, somewhat hidden by the lack of light, the three-piece black suit with the white frill necktie, black bowler derby and white gloves are almost dead giveaways. Yet, perhaps the biggest of all is his pleasing-as-always countenance. He was the Clan agent. The Inquisitor.

That man now named Hiroshi Hojo.

"Yes, well," Peters mumbles, rubbing both of his temples at the mention of the young interloper. "Honestly, I think that with all of Kevin's talk, he should've been able to defend himself from a bunch of rejects the SWF cut loose in 2004. I think that's something you're really overlooking here, Mr. Hojo. The SWF is a wrestling company, and -"

"As the commissioner of this wrestling company, you have a mandate to the security of your employees," Hojo responds, raising his voice. "If I may speak frankly, Mr. Peters, I think you've become complacent in your current lax security detail. It's not just the wrestlers that you need to be looking out for - you have medical personnel, ring crews, road agents and many others that you need to take care of. Additionally, there is also the matter of..."

Hojo pauses. His smile widens into a toothy grin.

"...yourself."

Peters looks at his company irritantly, his expression similar to one you might expect from a man who's been hit on the chin. "And just what are you getting at, here?" he growls.

Hiroshi Hojo leans back in his chair, crossing his legs and steepling his fingers on his chest. "Mr. Peters," he begins, "I think it would be fair to say you are becoming an increasingly unpopular figure in the SWF. Between your Family Friendly Lockdown rules, to this free endorsement deal you've forced on your workers, to this new Lethal Lottery idea of yours, I can't help but think the majority of SWF wrestlers are growing tired of your administration. And while assaults like on Kevin Coyote aren't unusual in this barbarous business, by three unknown men who somehow gained access to the premesis is..."

"It was by William Hearford, alright?" Joe interrupts. "William Hearford staged that attack, and he was terminated because of it."

"Irrelevant, sir," replies Hojo, sounding amused. "That is contrary to the point I was trying to make. When things like that turn into a common occurence - when workers can't simply stomp into your office and demand a match with whatever officious bastard that attacked them - who are they going to blame? I simply feel that you need to consider protecting yourself."

"You can't seriously expect me to believe that I'm going to get attacked by my own people, do you?"

"It's happened before," says Hojo, simply. "I don't mean any offense by any of this, Mr. Peters, really I do not," speaks the Inquisitor in a reassuring tone, "But my agents are trained and equipped to handle people like SWF superstars much more effectively than what you have right now. I want to help your business. I want to help you."

"Look, even so. Your portfolio is quite impressive, Mr. Hojo. You’ve clearly displayed a lot of business acumen in a variety of different arenas-”

“I hope you noticed that I am affiliated with the Nobunaga Firm,” Hojo adds, his smile becoming something not entirely trustworthy. “The former parent corporation of the SWF.”

“Ah, yes,” Peters says absently, glancing at the folder again. “Even with that kind of experience, the Nobunaga Firm didn’t provide security. And just because your boys have done some concerts and dealt with some drunk fans or whatever doesn't give them the experience to deal with what happens on every SWF show," Peters insists. "This is a completely different ballgame. And who would be in charge of these guys? Could I really expect a guy like you to become security chief?"

"Oh my, no, Mr. Peters," Hojo laughs. "Me? As a chief of security? I'm much too frail for such... intensive work. I am but an envoy... the negotiator for this contract."

"Really," Peters deadpans. "Then who, exactly, did you have in mind for cheif of security?"

"I'm glad you asked, Joseph!" beams Hojo. "I would like to present my most honourable business partner..."

From his low chair, the Clan agent gestures with a gloved hand towards the back of Joseph Peters office. And there from the shadows, having impressively been hiding all this time, steps the monstrous figure of Janus. The Hell Machine's hair is pulled back into a neat ponytail, and he is dressed in his requisite long coat, a surprisingly stylish and well-fitting navy suit with light blue pinstripes underneath. Janus folds his arms across his chest and regards Joseph Peters incredulously.

"We don't think a lack of SWF experience is going to be a problem, Commissioner," he... they rumble.

Peters laughs nervously, he eyes slowly trailing up to the face of the giant in front of him. "I, uh... uh... of course not, Terrence! No! No, of course not! I'm sure it won't be, now!"

The SWF commissioner loosens his tie slightly as Janus allows himself a brief smirk. Hiroshi Hojo, still beaming, continues. "As you can see, my friends here are more than capable of coordinating simple operations like security. In fact, I think you can expect SWF security to be a little more... hands on than it was in the past."

The SWF commissioner swallows uneasily. “Well, I uh… I’m sure that Janus, being a former SWF wrestler – no, champion! A former SWF champion and all, is definitely the kind of guy most of our employees would at least respect. I know that I’m quite impressed!”

The Hell Machine scoffs at the insincere braying of the Commissioner. Hojo, meanwhile, slides forward in his seat and leans towards Peters, knowing that he is now in a position much less comfortable than he would like. “It is nothing unusual for former SWF superstars to acquire administrative positions after they retire. Your office, for example,” the Inquisitor notes slyly, gesturing around the tasteful, yet sterile, décor of the room. “In fact, head of security seems to be the most logical graduation for a former wrestler, and yet it is one of the only positions none have been employed at.”

“I suppose you’re right. I guess we’ve never done it because I don’t want any more Kevin Coyote’s coming to my office," Peters half-jokes, exasperated.

"You could consider it a matter of aggressive self-defense," Janus evenly returns.

All three men in the room share a brief, uncomfortable laugh. Joseph Peters then frowns, furrowing his brow. No matter what he may say, there can be little doubt that his commissionership is rapidly turning into one of the most unpopular in memory. He stares at the stoic face of the Hell Machine, and smiling face of his counterpart. It was seemly for a man like Janus to be a “security chief” after his colourful career, and yet difficult to award such an unpredictable person a position of authority. However, this Hiroshi Hojo concerned him more. While all of his business credentials were legitimate, and in fact quite impressive, there was something about him he just couldn’t place. Something… elusive…

However, no matter what Joseph Peters thinks, he cannot deny that he isn’t working from a position of strength. The SWF security could be described as porous at best. And Hojo did seem to have a calming effect on Janus, which eased at least one of his fears.

"Business makes for strange bedfellows," mumbles the commissioner, tapping his hands on his desk. "Alright, Hojo, I'll give you what you want. But I'm washing my hands of accountability on this deal. You need to handle discipline from within your own security forces, and if any of my wrestler's has a problem, you will deal with them personally. Understand?"

Hojo's eyes light up as these words leave the commissioner's mouth. "I... do, sir. I do indeed."

"Good," Peters nods. "I'm going to sign the contracts you presented to me, but with one additional clause. If anything like that Coyote disaster goes down under your watch, that's it. I intend to keep a very close eye on our new chief of security as well. As an employee of the SWF, I expect you to adhere to the strictest codes of conduct. We clear?"

Janus grunts some sort of response to this comment, but Hojo seems unaffected. "Crystal," he replies.

And with that, Peters arises from his chair and reaches across the desk to seal the conversation - and the deal - with a handshake. First, uneasily, with Janus, and then with the gloved hand of the Inquisitor. Hojo tips his hat to Peters and turns towards the large door of the office, followed by the hulking figure of the Hell Machine.

“Gentlemen, it’s been a… pleasure doing business with both of you,” Peters calls after them. Hojo stops in his tracks turns to face Peters, regarding him with that glowing smile.

“Oh no, sir. The pleasure is all mine. I assure you... you’ve made a decision you will not regret”

C’est Fin

Interesting, very, very interesting idea (and excellent promo) but I did stumble on something

If anything like that Coyote disaster goes down under your watch, that's it.
So if something like a sneak attack on a wrestler happens under "Janus Security Inc" that's "it"?

A sneak attack in the SWF?

yeah it'll be "it" 3 matches into his first day on the job ;) It's just the nature of wrestling to have physical confrontations and sneak attacks and all that.

Someone's going to be VERY busy "at work" I think :D

*Dragon-masked man with cattle prod is accosted by Janus and has the prod shoved up his arse*

"Not on MY watch, mate."

*Dragon-masked man with cattle prod is accosted by Janus and has the prod shoved up his arse*

"Not on MY watch, mate."

Up the urethra, buddy.

"Not on MY watch, mate."

What if he steps off Janus' watch?

"Not on MY watch, mate."

Up the urethra, buddy.

I groaned out loud

Guest darktaken
Interesting, very, very interesting idea (and excellent promo) but I did stumble on something

If anything like that Coyote disaster goes down under your watch, that's it.

So if something like a sneak attack on a wrestler happens under "Janus Security Inc" that's "it"?

A sneak attack in the SWF?

yeah it'll be "it" 3 matches into his first day on the job ;) It's just the nature of wrestling to have physical confrontations and sneak attacks and all that.

Someone's going to be VERY busy "at work" I think :D

I should note that was in reference, specifically, to three men not employed by the SWF somehow getting onto the premises and assaulting Kevin Coyote, not just the idea of a standard attack.

If anything, that's going to become more of a problem.

Guest OKCoyote

Yes... so please, Blank, continue to "standard attack" at your leisure.

Wait a minute. Forget I said that. You probably aren't the one I should be encouraging.

Yes... so please, Blank, continue to "standard attack" at your leisure.

Wait a minute. Forget I said that. You probably aren't the one I should be encouraging.

Thank you for your endorsement :D as you probably saw - I will keep on doing just that ;)

Sign in to follow this