TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

And the Smackdown ME for Mania is...

Guest Dr Stupid

it seems to be the only thing that they could do to have a hope of ressurecting the ME.

It will be interesting how they book it, and who gets the pinfall over who

I see a repeat of the WM XX main event finish, where Orton gets dumped out by Mysterio, Angle takes advantage of Rey but Rey counters into a pinning move and wins the World title to get give WM it's feel good ending. This gives Orton his out and he can come back and squash Rey at a future PPV.

so as a guy that's wanted Rey to win it for a year now, how should I REALLY feel about this...yes I'm asking for opinions on how I should feel, because I don't know if I think this sucks or if I like it.

I see a repeat of the WM XX main event finish, where Orton gets dumped out by Mysterio, Angle takes advantage of Rey but Rey counters into a pinning move and wins the World title to get give WM it's feel good ending. This gives Orton his out and he can come back and squash Rey at a future PPV.

and would time just right for the Orton/Batista program that WWE wanted to begin with.

Rey gets an abbreviated Benoit reign, and Angle jobs again in the ME of WM.

Here is what I said in another thread:

I can see it now - the Rey/Angle/Orton match starts off with Rey and Angle double teaming Orton as soon as the bell rings and continues to do so for about five or ten minutes, climaxing with them doing a huge move through the announcers table or some sort of spot where Rey does a springboard leg drop to the back of Orton's neck while Angle has Orton in the ankle lock.

All of that leads to some sort of injury angle, leaving Orton either at ringside for the next good while, or with him being stretchered out to the backstage area. This would make sense, since Rey and Angle hate Orton for all that he has done over the past few weeks, so why wouldn't they try to do something like that?

With Orton out of the picture, Rey and Angle look at one another, shake hands, and start going at it like we know that they can do, putting on a fantastic match. Let's say they continue at it, just those two, for about twenty minutes or so.

Sooner or later, after an accidental ref bump, they lay each other out. At this point, Orton either jumps up off of the ringside mat or runs back down to the ring from the backstage area, does the RKO to Angle and tosses him out of the ring, then, with Rey still woozy, beats up on him for a minute or two, and then does the RKO to him with Angle out on the outside, the ref is up by this point, and he covers Rey for the 1-2-3, winning the title.

Just try and tell me you can't see them pulling something like that, I dare ya.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Angle vs Orton vs Misterio is gay. Why go through all of this trouble just to make the ME a three way? Jesus.

I have to believe its because up until Sunday, they thought Orton could hold his own as main challenger. The scary lack of heat may have forced this into being.

So did they add Rey in to protect Angle, or is Orton going to pin Kurt to drag out this pointless feud with Eddie's spirit beyond WM?

Guest Dr Stupid
Angle vs Orton vs Misterio is gay. Why go through all of this trouble just to make the ME a three way? Jesus.

This is just speculation, but i think adding Rey is some sort of backpedal from the bookers.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Cena vs. HHH will be the last match of the show, and Cena will win.

To send no one home happy.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Well that's a bit silly. Why did Rey bother to put his shot on the line?

Perhaps there's some legal loophole where there was a shot at Mania on the line, but not necessarily Rey's shot. I think they did that with Big Show and Rock a couple years ago.

I maybe old fashioned by my Wrestlemania moment is not to see the show close with a heel winning the title and making a "run" for the title. Let alone Randy Orton and his headlocks, restholds, and silly faces.

Rey vs. Angle & Undertaker vs. Orton leading to Undertaker vs. Angle in a "tournament final" of some sort all in one night (or stretched out over one week) >>>> Rey vs. Angle vs. Orton >>>> Angle vs. Orton

Not saying it would make more sense, but it would provide bad-ass matches.

I was just saying out of the scenario of either having Orton/Angle or the 3 Way.

If you're talking about Taker/Angle....that's like >>>> times 5000002394820394823094823094823.

Taker/Angle, two out of 3 falls.

FUCKING DO IT

Guest Ronixis

ehh...

has anybody taken a look at the New Japan Match results- most importlanly the match results for the G1 and Brocks Premere fight against Chono and Fujita?

Its gonna end the same way here in the three way- only Orton will take the title.

Saw this coming.

I guess they don't want to end Mania on a downer by having both heels win the Title matches, or they realize Orton-Angle will have no heat, appeal or drawing power whatsoever. Now they just need to remove Orton from the match altogether. I mean they backpedalled Orton out of the last two mania main events because he wasn't over enough, and he isn't anymore over now, and WWE always seems to get their head together when it comes to WrestleMania...then lose it for the rest of the year.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
ehh...

has anybody taken a look at the New Japan Match results- most importlanly the match results for the G1 and Brocks Premere fight against Chono and Fujita?

Its gonna end the same way here in the three way- only Orton will take the title.

Saw this coming.

I think Christian winning the NWA belt basically guaranteed Orton winning the title (If it wasn't already) I really think part of the reason for the burial was that he was a better Randy Orton than Randy Orton was.

If he wanted to "show" TNA up, he would have kept the title on Edge, just to say "that's fine, we got the better one anyways".

Vince only books for his satisfaction, I don't think he hates TNA enough, just yet.