TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

And the Smackdown ME for Mania is...

Cena vs. HHH will be the last match of the show, and Cena will win.

To send no one home happy.

Given the alternative, HHH as champ again? Cena is very much the lesser of two evils. I'd end the night happy if he retains.

Certainly much more acceptable of a Mania upper level match than Orton/Angle. As I said before, given the weird booking of Rey/Orton, this HAD to happen from it.

Can't believe I'm saying this though but Taker sure have been in it to make it a four way though, after the match he helped put on at NWO. But I still can handle this just fine.

After how horribly Rey and Orton have been booked recently, I can't buy them going over Angle who has been booked like a total badass.

Angle should just destroy both of them, then go back to feuding with UT, Benoit, Batista, and maybe even Finlay over the summer. Let Rey re-establish himself as himself (and not the physical host for Eddie's spirit) and regain some credibility before getting a serious ME push and title shot at No Mercy or Survivor Series.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Given the alternative, HHH as champ again? Cena is very much the lesser of two evils. I'd end the night happy if he retains.

Cena has become so unwatchable to me that Hunter is the lesser of two evils.

The only problem with HHH is that his reign will never end. Let's be realistic, he's not jobbing to RVD, no matter how much anyone wants it.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

He needs to get to 17. I dont think we're going to see too many more long reigns.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I hope so, but doubt it.

How's he going to have seven reigns in the near future (Because, if he's as hellbent as reported, this isn't a ten year project. It sounds more like a three year one.) while having never ending reigns?

One 6 month one which is this one, and a bunch of short little ones. That sure does devalue the hell out of the belt, and it's pretty fucking boring to boot when everyone knows how many he wants. I'll just change the channel again and this time more will follow suit, it's not hard.

Guest Floridian Cool

Let him have his 17 reigns. It's quality, not quantity. I'm pretty sure that Big Show has tied HBK and Randy Savage for WWF title reigns, but there's not a fan out there who considers him to be a star of their magnitude. Booker T has held a staggering 30 titles, and he's still a mid-level star in the fans' eyes, and rightfully so. I subscribe to the viewpoint that if he's a x-time world champ, that means that he lost it x times. He can win it 20, 30 or 100 times...when he retires he'll still be ranked below Flair, Bret, etc.

Plus, 20 years from now, when today's wrestlers aren't employed by the E and can say whatever they want in interviews...what are they going to say about the legitimacy of his career? I think that Kurt Angle will stand the test of time as the best wrestler of this era.

I actually expected the main event to be Undertaker/Batista/Angle/Orton and then Mysterio would face Benoit for the US Title. It would be the ultimate challenge for the Undertaker to win this match. They can give Undertaker one last run because he has been doing really well lately or give Mysterio the rub.

Rey vs. Angle vs. Orton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton vs. Angle.

I cant do anything else but agree with you. I see it this way, its stupid to not have the Rumble winner getting the title shot. He shouldnt even be able to loose his shot. But he did, and out of all people Randy Orton won it. Orton vs Angle does nothing for me. Actually Orton hasnt been that interesting to me since the run as IC champ. So even though logic will have to take a step back I prefer Rey vs Orton vs Angle ANY DAY over Angle vs Orton.

I actually expected the main event to be Undertaker/Batista/Angle/Orton and then Mysterio would face Benoit for the US Title. It would be the ultimate challenge for the Undertaker to win this match. They can give Undertaker one last run because he has been doing really well lately or give Mysterio the rub.

Tista's not gonna be back for a while man.

So, the fact that he's unwatchable to you means that no one could be happy with a Cena win?

And wasn't the idea of a Taker/Angle match or feud pretty much panned around here? One good match and all of a sudden it's like putting the two of them in the ring together is a guaranteed ****+ classic. Plus, I don't think a 'Taker reign makes sense, and I can't see him feeling a loss at WM at this point in his career.

I don't think a lot of people will be happy with either result of Triple H-Cena. Nobody except teenage girls and children wants to see Cena go over, and nobody but idiot marks who like wrestlers based on their win-loss record or moronic smarks who think liking Triple H is cool because it goes against the grain, actually wants to see Triple H hold the title again. It's a lose-lose situation.

But Christian is better than Edge. How would that be showing them up?

People still believe Mr. Resthold is better than Edge? Wow.

Neither guy is anything to write home about in the ring, although Christian is hardly "Mr.Resthold" anymore, he's wrestling an almost completely different style in TNA. When it comes to mic work and being entertaining and not sounding goofy when trying to sound serious and angry by pronouncing everything loudly, Christian is better than Edge.

So, the fact that he's unwatchable to you means that no one could be happy with a Cena win?

And wasn't the idea of a Taker/Angle match or feud pretty much panned around here? One good match and all of a sudden it's like putting the two of them in the ring together is a guaranteed ****+ classic. Plus, I don't think a 'Taker reign makes sense, and I can't see him feeling a loss at WM at this point in his career.

People wanted the matches, not the title on Undertaker. Seeing the alternative, we changed our mind on the Undertaker+title part.

ONE good match? This isn't the first time these two had a kick ass match.

If they did a 4 way, UT wouldn't take the pin and could still say he has never been beaten at WM. It's cheap but it's a loophole out of it.

I'm still hoping for something like WMXIII to happen where the show gets shook up at the last minute and they have to alter the show. (Something like Orton losing his smile)

If that were to happen, I think WWE would repeat WM13 and like always, Vince will go with the big man.

In fact, it'd be better that way. UT gets one last reign (seriously, they can't do any worse then they are now). You give UT 2 months, he defends it against Angle, Benoit, Henry, JBL and then for Judgment Day, Randy Orton returns, settles the UT feud for good and he has a 2 month reign, that leads right into Batista's return and for the Batista/Orton SummerSlam program.

That's what they want to do, in reality Mysterio will get an abbreviated Benoit run, drop it to Orton(who doesn't take the pin at Mania) at J.D and that'll lead into Orton/'Tista for the summer.

I agree. I find it funny that just a few days ago some people were complaining about Angle vs Taker, mentioning their subpar performances at Backlash2000 and SSeries, completely forgetting their kickass SD! match and maybe a couple others, and now after the NWO match many are clamoring for Taker to be added to the Title match at WMania, not to mention several rematches with Angle. I disagree on Taker being added to the Title match, as it would no doubt mean either a Taker Title reign (which I'm not too fond of) or the end of his WMania streak (HIGHLY unlikely.) I think the 3-way option is pretty good. The winner? That's stuff for another thread.

Where are all those Angle vs Taker haters now? Did they make a 180 and changed their minds or what?

I think the 3-way option is pretty good. The winner? That's stuff for another thread.

actually, this is the thread for that! :P

I'd still like Rey Mysterio to win, but given the NWO outcome, the build and booking up to it, winning a 3 way at WM just seems cheap as opposed to a straight up one on one match with Angle AFTER beating Orton at NWO. People think JBL's rub was washed away due to one squash from Boogey, I say Rey was buried worse considering how hard he was pushed the past year. He comes out as the biggest loser and idiot ever.

To me, it makes more sense to have a rematch between Orton and Mysterio with either Mysterio coming out on top or Orton getting a definitive clean win...keeping Orton in the WM picture just makes it seem like it was okay that he cheated in a #1 contender match.

I think the 3-way option is pretty good. The winner? That's stuff for another thread.

I'd still like Rey Mysterio to win, but given the NWO outcome, the build and booking up to it, winning a 3 way at WM just seems cheap as opposed to a straight up one on one match with Angle AFTER beating Orton at NWO. People think JBL's rub was washed away due to one squash from Boogey, I say Rey was buried worse considering how hard he was pushed the past year. He comes out as the biggest loser and idiot ever.

To me, it makes more sense to have a rematch between Orton and Mysterio with either Mysterio coming out on top or Orton getting a definitive clean win...keeping Orton in the WM picture just makes it seem like it was okay that he cheated in a #1 contender match.

Well, Lushus, I was thinking more of an OAO WrestleMania predictions thread, but since you ask...

I know this'll sound somewhat cheap, but I truly believe the outcome of this match (and the WWE Title match, for that matter) will absolutely depend on the placement on the card. NO FUCKING WAY WrestleMania ends with either WWE/World being won by the heel. I know it happened before. Hell, I was THERE when HHH retained at WM2000 and saw all those people pissed and shouting they were robbed. And I was THERE when Austin won at WMX-7, although that one still felt like the crowd favorite won. But I do believe that shouldn't happen again and I, at least, hope it won't.

So, on that premise, if Trips vs Cena goes on last then Cena retains and Orton walks out with the Title. BUT, if the 3-way goes on last, and I have a feeling it will, then I'm inclined to say the feel-good, send-the-fans-home-happy result will be Rey Mysterio leaving Chicago with the World Title, maybe eben pinning Orton himself. I certainly wouldn't mind a Rey run with the Title, even if it means a short-lived one. The negative I see is that Angle surely deserves a long reing, as I think he's being pushed very nicely and doing a tremendous job with the Belt.

Agree? Disagree? Comments?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I think the fact that he is booed out of every arena he shows up in shows that no one would be happy. I was just saying that I'd personally rather deal with Hunter than Cena if it came to that.

And People were calling for Taker/Angle ever since Angle went back to Smackdown, siting that one great smackdown match.

I'm with those just wanting Angle to retain the damn belt now. I was into Rey winning the title at one point, but it has come so convoluted it just looks desperate from a smark booking standpoint.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I'm with those just wanting Angle to retain the damn belt now. I was into Rey winning the title at one point, but it has come so convoluted it just looks desperate from a smark booking standpoint.

At this point, it might even be better to have Angle retain over Orton and let Rey beat Angle one on one on the next show.

At this point, it might even be better to have Angle retain over Orton and let Rey beat Angle one on one on the next show.

Or they should just let Angle beat Rey's ass too because he's damaged goods at this point. Angle/Batista for the title is the only money program they've got left.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Or they should just let Angle beat Rey's ass too because he's damaged goods at this point. Angle/Batista for the title is the only money program they've got left.

Let Rey hold it for two months, let Angle get it back and face Batista at Summerslam. At this point, nothing is going to do real damage to Angle, and seven time world champion Angle vs. Batista is still big.

That is if Angle can make it to Summerslam. He's in real bad shape right now and I'll be shocked if he's still wrestling into the summer without significant time off in the spring.

That is if Angle can make it to Summerslam. He's in real bad shape right now and I'll be shocked if he's still wrestling into the summer without significant time off in the spring.

I agree, Angle has been wrestling for about 1 1/2 straight now and injuries are piling up like crazy.

My idea to get the most out of this and give Angle time off to rest.

Angle going over Orton (who takes Rey out of the Mania match via a flashy and "omg" spot). The wrestling machine in Kurt Angle takes care of Undertaker and Benoit. When Rey, back from recovering injuries sustained from the match claims that during his time away, the hours spent in the hospital that

"Eddie spoke to me and I realized, I couldn't win for Eddie, because I needed to win for Rey Mysterio. I am challenging Kurt Angle for a re-match, and it's going to be for that world championship, and it's probably going to be my final chance to prove myself. I'm not dedicating this match to Eddie, I'd do him more proud by winning that title, for me and these fans. No one believes in me, and that's ok. I guess, I can't blame them, but at Judgment Day...I'll prove to the world, just like Eddie did, that I am a champion and I will become the champion. I'll prove it".

Angle, who is a complete tweener, plays the whole "I don't like this, Rey is a good guy. He has a family and I understand how he is dealing with his best friend, but this? This is business. My business is wrestling and I am a wrestling machine. Once I get in that ring, my friendship with Rey is tossed out the window. My sympathy for Rey, ends when I get inside that ring. Rey, he can take you to the limit, but he will not beat me. It's True. It's damn true" card.

They main event J.D, which goes 15-20 minutes and they perform to their usual ability. A hot finish has Rey pulling off the victory in a semi-fluke finish (roll-up style finish but not quite a cheap one). Rey gets the big celebration, his family is there. Dean, Chris, Psicosis all come out.

Angle, returns with more intensity then before weeks later and challenges Rey in 2/3 falls match @ GAB and wins. Batista returns around then, challenges Kane to settle that "you injured me" angle @ GAB. Angle celebrates and Batista comes out, looks at his fallen partner and walks up to Angle(Holding the belt)...points at it and makes the "that's mine" motion as the show goes off air.

Guest panthermatt7

Well, Lushus, I was thinking more of an OAO WrestleMania predictions thread, but since you ask...

I know this'll sound somewhat cheap, but I truly believe the outcome of this match (and the WWE Title match, for that matter) will absolutely depend on the placement on the card. NO FUCKING WAY WrestleMania ends with either WWE/World being won by the heel. I know it happened before. Hell, I was THERE when HHH retained at WM2000 and saw all those people pissed and shouting they were robbed. And I was THERE when Austin won at WMX-7, although that one still felt like the crowd favorite won. But I do believe that shouldn't happen again and I, at least, hope it won't.

So, on that premise, if Trips vs Cena goes on last then Cena retains and Orton walks out with the Title. BUT, if the 3-way goes on last, and I have a feeling it will, then I'm inclined to say the feel-good, send-the-fans-home-happy result will be Rey Mysterio leaving Chicago with the World Title, maybe eben pinning Orton himself. I certainly wouldn't mind a Rey run with the Title, even if it means a short-lived one. The negative I see is that Angle surely deserves a long reing, as I think he's being pushed very nicely and doing a tremendous job with the Belt.

Agree? Disagree? Comments?

I'm pretty sure that the best option is to have Mysterio win at Mania by pinning Orton, which could result in Angle claiming to deserve a rematch due to not really 'losing,' so to speak. Ther maches those two have had before have been wonderful. It probably won't happen, but it would make sense. Orton could remain somewhat in the picture, then win the belt at Summerslamish (ugh), allowing Batista to re-enter the scene and win it back from Orton at SurSeries.