TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

And the Smackdown ME for Mania is...

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

That is if Angle can make it to Summerslam. He's in real bad shape right now and I'll be shocked if he's still wrestling into the summer without significant time off in the spring.

I agree, Angle has been wrestling for about 1 1/2 straight now and injuries are piling up like crazy.

Angle going over Orton (who takes Rey out of the Mania match via a flashy and "omg" spot). The wrestling machine in Kurt Angle takes care of Undertaker and Benoit. When Rey, back from recovering injuries sustained from the match claims that during his time away, the hours spent in the hospital that

"Eddie spoke to me and I realized, I couldn't win for Eddie, because I needed to win for Rey Mysterio. I am challenging Kurt Angle for a re-match, and it's going to be for that world championship, and it's probably going to be my final chance to prove myself. I'm not dedicating this match to Eddie, I'd do him more proud by winning that title, for me and these fans. No one believes in me, and that's ok. I guess, I can't blame them, but at Judgment Day...I'll prove to the world, just like Eddie did, that I am a champion and I will become the champion. I'll prove it".

Angle, who is a complete tweener, plays the whole "I don't like this, Rey is a good guy. He has a family and I understand how he is dealing with his best friend, but this? This is business. My business is wrestling and I am a wrestling machine. Once I get in that ring, my friendship with Rey is tossed out the window. My sympathy for Rey, ends when I get inside that ring. Rey, he can take you to the limit, but he will not beat me. It's True. It's damn true" card.

They main event J.D, which goes 15-20 minutes and they perform to their usual ability. A hot finish has Rey pulling off the victory in a semi-fluke finish (roll-up style finish but not quite a cheap one). Rey gets the big celebration, his family is there. Dean, Chris, Psicosis all come out.

Angle gets the title back 6 weeks later on Smackdown.

When in GAB this year? If its in July, you could give Rey a healthy two month run and still have Angle get the belt back early enough before Summerslam.

That is if Angle can make it to Summerslam. He's in real bad shape right now and I'll be shocked if he's still wrestling into the summer without significant time off in the spring.

I agree, Angle has been wrestling for about 1 1/2 straight now and injuries are piling up like crazy.

Angle going over Orton (who takes Rey out of the Mania match via a flashy and "omg" spot). The wrestling machine in Kurt Angle takes care of Undertaker and Benoit. When Rey, back from recovering injuries sustained from the match claims that during his time away, the hours spent in the hospital that

"Eddie spoke to me and I realized, I couldn't win for Eddie, because I needed to win for Rey Mysterio. I am challenging Kurt Angle for a re-match, and it's going to be for that world championship, and it's probably going to be my final chance to prove myself. I'm not dedicating this match to Eddie, I'd do him more proud by winning that title, for me and these fans. No one believes in me, and that's ok. I guess, I can't blame them, but at Judgment Day...I'll prove to the world, just like Eddie did, that I am a champion and I will become the champion. I'll prove it".

Angle, who is a complete tweener, plays the whole "I don't like this, Rey is a good guy. He has a family and I understand how he is dealing with his best friend, but this? This is business. My business is wrestling and I am a wrestling machine. Once I get in that ring, my friendship with Rey is tossed out the window. My sympathy for Rey, ends when I get inside that ring. Rey, he can take you to the limit, but he will not beat me. It's True. It's damn true" card.

They main event J.D, which goes 15-20 minutes and they perform to their usual ability. A hot finish has Rey pulling off the victory in a semi-fluke finish (roll-up style finish but not quite a cheap one). Rey gets the big celebration, his family is there. Dean, Chris, Psicosis all come out.

Angle gets the title back 6 weeks later on Smackdown.

When in GAB this year? If its in July, you could give Rey a healthy two month run and still have Angle get the belt back early enough before Summerslam.

I edited in the GAB stuff before you posted, but yeah I figure J.D and GAB are about 6-8 weeks apart. It's a healthy reign for Rey, who shouldn't go longer then 2 months and it's time to give Angle rest.

The only problem is you can't give someone a rest who doesn't want it. I guarantee if Vince went up to Angle and told him to take off for a while, Angle will just refuse and plead with Vince to let him keep the belt so he can prove to everyone that he is indeed the best in the history of WWE.

Actually, the real problem is that Rey is more then likely headed to Raw in June. (and we all know wHHHy). I can't even begin to express how monumentially stupid it would be for WWE to shift it's #1 star and biggest(ironically enough) ratings draw for Smackdown, just so Trips can do his thing.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
They should just continue to book Rey and Orton terribly, so that the fans turn on both of them, and the "feel good" moment can be Angle retaining.

They wont turn on Orton. You cant turn on a man that you dont care about.

Guest Fook_Theta

Are there any Taker/Rey vs Angle/Orton scheduled matchups in the next month? I also can't see them not capitalizing on a fairly well praised Angle/Taker match without Taker getting involved some how in the Threeway. Even if it's nothing but him vs someone for the #1 Contenders spot.

Are there any Taker/Rey vs Angle/Orton scheduled matchups in the next month? I also can't see them not capitalizing on a fairly well praised Angle/Taker match without Taker getting involved some how in the Threeway. Even if it's nothing but him vs someone for the #1 Contenders spot.

They will have the 3rd match of the 2006 series @ SNME.

It's likely that next week's sd match will have a double-pin/draw finish to build to a I Quit match for SNME.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Or maybe Mark Henry will interfere to screw Undertaker, and set up Taker/Henry for WrestleMania.

On The Law, Meltz said that Rey winning the title is the only one that make sense. He also said that Orton is getting the belt at some point, so it could be Rey gets the big win at WM and drops it to Orton soon after. DM also said that he was told at one point that Orton winning was a lock, but it's now been hinted that it's not a lock. DM finished that part up by saying that he thinks/knows the decision, either way, is set.

Guest Coffey

Cena vs. HHH will be the last match of the show, and Cena will win.

To send no one home happy.

The women and kids!

I still don't see how we're supposed to buy Orton and Rey as legit threats to Angle who is just on another plane right now. He really should just destroy both of them. Go the Samoa Joe at AAO route with it.

With Chavo running in on Orton's match last week and Orton costing Chavo a MITB match spot, I'm getting the feeling that Chavo is going to get the final F-U in this by costing Orton the match at WM, opening the door for a Mysterio win. It will help Orton save face if there is a plan to have him face Mysterio at Judgment Day, and it will allow Rey and Chavo to celebrate in the ring with the belt to bring closure to the whole Eddie story in a pretty contrived and forced "Wrestlemania moment" that they can replay in clips for years.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
With Chavo running in on Orton's match last week and Orton costing Chavo a MITB match spot, I'm getting the feeling that Chavo is going to get the final F-U in this by costing Orton the match at WM, opening the door for a Mysterio win. It will help Orton save face if there is a plan to have him face Mysterio at Judgment Day, and it will allow Rey and Chavo to celebrate in the ring with the belt to bring closure to the whole Eddie story in a pretty contrived and forced "Wrestlemania moment" that they can replay in clips for years.

If Chavo Guerrero is involved in the main event of Wrestlemania, I will believe that this company is being written by people playing with those little paper fortune tellers from grade school

Guest SavageRulz
The Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that Kurt Angle was not pleased with WWE's decision to make his WM22 title defense a three-way match.

Although Angle has no problem with Mysterio, he was looking forward to a classic one-on-one WrestleMania main-event and feels that the three way match greatly changes the dynamic.

While the first Samoa Joe-Christopher Daniels-AJ Styles match proved that a classic bout can be made of a triple threat match, the matches rely more on spots and create an inherent disadvantage for wrestlers looking to put on a memorable show.

To be fair to him, I agree. For me a Mania main event should always be a one on one "dream" match between the two hottest wrestlers at the time. Now, to be fair Orton Vs Angle wouldn't have been that anyway and I think HHH Vs Cena would have overshadowed it regardless of the fact that it'll suck and Orton/Angle would have been better. Warrior Vs Hogan, Hogan Vs Savage, Hogan Vs Andre, Bret Vs Shawn, Austin Vs Rock, these are the things going into the show that Mania main events should be. Again this year, there's none of that in the main event slot really. HHH Vs Cena is far from a dream match and the other one's a triple threat between three guys, who with no combination of two from those three, would make a dream match either.

The Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that Kurt Angle was not pleased with WWE's decision to make his WM22 title defense a three-way match.

Although Angle has no problem with Mysterio, he was looking forward to a classic one-on-one WrestleMania main-event and feels that the three way match greatly changes the dynamic.

While the first Samoa Joe-Christopher Daniels-AJ Styles match proved that a classic bout can be made of a triple threat match, the matches rely more on spots and create an inherent disadvantage for wrestlers looking to put on a memorable show.

To be fair to him, I agree. For me a Mania main event should always be a one on one match between the two hottest things at the time. Now, to be fair Orton Vs Angle wouldn't have been that anyway and I think HHH Vs Cena would have overshadowed it regardless of the fact that it'll suck and Orton/Angle would have been better. Warrior Vs Hogan, Hogan Vs Savage, Hogan Vs Andre, Bret Vs Shawn, Austin Vs Rock, these are the things going into the show that Mania main events should be. Again this year, there's none of that in the main event slot really. HHH Vs Cena is far from a dream match and the other one's a triple threat between three guys, who with no combination of two from those three, would make a dream match either.

Triple H vs Michaels vs Benoit was a classic way before the Unbreakable match, and it main evented WrestleMania XX. But for the most part I agree that one-on-one matches are preferable for so grand a stage. Still, Angle's had a couple of great 3-way matches before with completely different opponents so he can pull it off, but I understand him wanting a singles match better.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Apparently Kurt was not aware of who he was facing in the one on one match before Rey was inserted.

Guest shark boy super fan

i doubt kurt walks out champ rey will not leave champ orton will taker will beat him at judgement day for it to days later at the smackdown tapings kurt will get the title back drop it to rob van dmn at the ecw ppv. rvd will drop the belt to benoit at summer bastista will get the belt at no mercy john cena will win the belt some how from badtista at cybersunday batista will get the belt back two days later at the smackdown tapings the next week bobby lashey will win the belt and kkep for the rest of the year till he drops it a royal rumble. there are your smackdown champs 0f 2006: angle

orton

taker

angle

rvd

benoit

batista

cena

batista

lashley