TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Satanic Angel

Promo: Recovery

Guest The Satanic Angel

But what's ailing?

A flight attendant stands in the aisle, going through the safety speech. The jet engines rev up as the Boeing is pushed back from the gate. First class is nearly empty, only three passengers out of a possible twelve. Sarah Leavenworth is one of those three. She’s already settled back in a window seat, not even paying attention to the stewardess. Sarah’s been on so many planes in her life, she could recite the damn speech backwards. She takes a drink and returns to her book.

It’s not more than ten minutes later when the plane is in the air, and slowly climbing to cruising altitude. The first class attendant comes through, asking the three passengers if they want refills, or to purchase a meal. When the stewardess comes to Sarah, the Mistress shakes her glass, signaling her desire for a refill. Sarah doesn’t even look up as her rum and Coke is replenished.

“Sarah?” a deep, male voice pierces the low hum of the engines.

She raises a brow to herself and slowly turns her head, recognizing the voice instantly. “Sean, what a surprise.. “

The big man had changed seats before takeoff, sitting just across the aisle from the Mistress. First class was the only section of the plane that could comfortably accommodate his six foot five frame. “It’s good to see you again. Never thought I’d make it back to this point. Shit was broken in nine places.”

“So you’re back in the ring?”

Sean Davis nods and confirms, “Wrestled a dark match last night. Will do so for the next couple of months, gotta help the up-in-comers and all.”

“Well, that’s admirable. Haven’t noticed you backstage.. “

“Yeah, been keeping low. There’ll be a time for me to step into the light again,” he says with a chuckle. “Spike’s got time.”

Sarah informs Davis, “Toxx isn’t around.”

The Perfect Storm nods, “I know. He’ll be back, though. He ain’t gonna let people bad mouth him forever.”

The Mistress settles back into her seat, taking a long drink from her rum and Coke. Sean takes the break in conversation to flag down the stewardess and order a Coke. Sarah takes a gander on a possibly touchy subject.

“Where’s Rashelle?”

Sean Davis is in the middle of downing the can of Coke, obviously delaying the inevitable. Once finished, he gently crushes the can (how does one do that?). He glances over at the Mistress and puts on a smirk. “We’re at odds.” Before Sarah can say anything in condolence.. “Bitch left me.”

“And the truth comes out.. “

Sean shakes his head, running his hand over his shaved scalp. “Last thing I knew, she was talking to David Cross.”

“That’s a shame.. “

“She and I had it great. But we had our share of bad times, too. That’s why we were never together for more than six months at a time,” Sean explains.

The two continue to converse, bringing up memories, both fond and heart-wrenching.. Damian, Rashelle, Caisha, Josh (Sean’s brother). For three hours Mistress Sarah and The Perfect Storm become normal people.. Sarah Renee Leavenworth and Sean Paul Davis. The plane circles for landing, and moments later the Boeing 727 is resting at the gate. Sean and Sarah exit the plane, walk together to baggage claim.. then pause as a limo driver holds a sign for Sarah.

“Want a ride?” she asks.

Sean looks down at the Mistress, eyeing her, “Grand Hotel?”

She smirks, “Only the best. How’d you guess?”

Davis points with his free hand. “Monogram on the driver’s jacket.”

Light laughter fills the baggage claim of the Minneapolis/St. Paul airport.

Fin

the Perfect Storm kicking about in the shadows eh? I'm a big fan of your Sean Davis work so that's pretty cool

The posibilities in that are intriguing

And the fact that both characters have held the title I've later renamed *strokes chin* also interesting.

I like this. A lot. I wasn't aware that Sean knew Sarah though. Or that Sarah knew Toxxic well enough to refer to him as 'Toxx' *glares unconvincingly*

Guest The Satanic Angel
I like this. A lot. I wasn't aware that Sean knew Sarah though. Or that Sarah knew Toxxic well enough to refer to him as 'Toxx' *glares unconvincingly*

Sarah was going to help Rashelle (Sean's former girlfriend) train for in-ring work, but that fell through after Sean broke his ankle.

As far as 'Toxx' goes ... it's a backstage pet name, isn't it? ;)

Only for people who know him. Otherwise it's like a rookie calling Ric Flair 'Naitch'.

Tut tut tut...

As far as 'Toxx' goes ... it's a backstage pet name, isn't it? ;)
No, no, no I have it on good authority that his backstage pet name is "Layla" ;)

Look guys, just because Toxx wore eyeliner and nail varnish doesn't mean you can give him a girly name.

And Spike, you're damn right to run! Otherwise Sean will do what he did last time you pissed him off, which was...

...disappear :P

Look guys, just because Toxx wore eyeliner and nail varnish doesn't mean you can give him a girly name.
Looks like it's too late for that ;)

Sign in to follow this