TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Request: Maybe Im not looking hard enough, but if anyone happnens to come upon the episode of Raw where Bob Backlund get Jerry Lawler to say "I quit Mr Backlund" seconds after applying the chicken wing on him during the Kings Court, could you pass it on?

That always cracked me up.

Hey....thanks in advance.

Add to that when he put the chicken wing on wimpy, fragile WWF magazine editor Lou Gianfriedo (sp?) leading up to SurSer94.

Vince was great during this "STOP IT!!!! STOP IT!!!! HES JUST THE EDITOR OF A MAGAZINE!!!!!"

Also when he procured it on Jim Ross, as his gut tried not to pop open the buttons on his shirt.

Good shit. Im disappointed that I cant find it anywhere.

Owen Hart Vs. Mark Kyle in one of the rare contests where the pushed wrestler's outfit looks shittier than the jobber's.

You can't be serious. Kyle's singlet was disgusting.

lol part 1 was removed due to request of wwe, too bad they forgot the 2nd part where he was beat lmao

heenan "this Leveque is gonna be a superstar form 95 on" yea a wwf/e superstar

"Hes either sweating or I smell Sauerkraut" Heenan rules

Trips threw a dropkick, man you dont see that anymore

You know on tv Vince and Shane could get revenge for DX showing the stand back video, by playing alex wright pinning him over and over

lol part 1 was removed due to request of wwe, too bad they forgot the 2nd part where he was beat lmao

What the hell? That makes no sense at all. How did they even find it? Do they run searches for Alex Wright or Jean Paul Leveque? Why didn't they take down part 2? Someone explain this to me.

Doesn't Vince have something more important to do than raid YouTube? Doesn't Vince have an appointment with Bradshaw, or something? That should be his top priority, instead of this shit.

Doesn't Vince have something more important to do than raid YouTube? Doesn't Vince have an appointment with Bradshaw, or something? That should be his top priority, instead of this shit.

It's probably not even him

Guest wildpegasus

While people are checking out the Alex Wright vs HHH match make sure to check out the Alex Wright vs Mark Starr match as well. Starr is a talented wrestler and this match ends up being a lot better than the HHH one.

I always wondered why Starr never caught a break (well, other than the fact that he's not jakked to the gills). He's had entertaining squashes with several guys in WCW/WWF in the mid 1990s. I especially remember him taking TV Champion Steven Regal to the limit on Worldwide. IIRC, even Schiavone and Regal put Starr over in the postmatch interview.

Request: Maybe Im not looking hard enough, but if anyone happnens to come upon the episode of Raw where Bob Backlund get Jerry Lawler to say "I quit Mr Backlund" seconds after applying the chicken wing on him during the Kings Court, could you pass it on?

That always cracked me up.

Hey....thanks in advance.

Add to that when he put the chicken wing on wimpy, fragile WWF magazine editor Lou Gianfriedo (sp?) leading up to SurSer94.

Vince was great during this "STOP IT!!!! STOP IT!!!! HES JUST THE EDITOR OF A MAGAZINE!!!!!"

Also when he procured it on Jim Ross, as his gut tried not to pop open the buttons on his shirt.

Good shit. Im disappointed that I cant find it anywhere.

And just as Backlund was about to put the chicken wing on a hesistant Louie . . .

"Easy Mr. Backlund . . . easy Mr. Backlund" then Backlund starts ripping and tearing :D

I totally forgot about the JR segement until now, man someone needs to make a comp of that stuff. Too bad, there were only about 38 WWF fans at the time.

Guest wildpegasus
I always wondered why Starr never caught a break (well, other than the fact that he's not jakked to the gills). He's had entertaining squashes with several guys in WCW/WWF in the mid 1990s. I especially remember him taking TV Champion Steven Regal to the limit on Worldwide. IIRC, even Schiavone and Regal put Starr over in the postmatch interview.

I remember Starr taking Regal to the limit as well but I think it was WCWSN where I watched it al. Because I remember it was such a good match and I loved cheering for the guys who were massive underdogs I was marking out like crazy for this. Man, I wish I could watch that match again.

Edit -- It's scary how much all the women were into Alex Wright during that match against Starr.

That HHH/Wright match tripped me out.

HHH was like an entirely different wrestler then.

They both had some cool spots in that match, and it was a decent match overall.

And he did have his trunks, you could see in the replay.

The Brain knows what's up.

XPW's Rob Black shoots on ECW and talks about the heatwave incident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF2k2dpbeFE

yea I remember this well. kinda funny as Rob makes fun of Paul E for wearing the headset and hat and the banner behind him. Not that I support xpw or ecw over the incident (though it is interesting that ECW never ran on the west coast untill this ppv). But I will always have a soft spot for XPW, since it was like the big local indy fed in my area for a time, plus the tv show was so bad it was good. Even bettre then this "shoot" was when he pretended he was friends with Eric Bischoff (and that was why he was able to use Candido and stuff like that) and would "be on the phone with eric" sometimes

hey at the end of the shoot, they show the original XPW tv intro, actually that song isnt too bad either though the metallica worked better

plus it shows a lot of shots of the ventura theatre, and of abby stabbing axl with the fork which I was there live fore

Finding out about Super Dragon several months ago got me to pursue YouTube videos from PWG, and ultimately other non-WWE/TNA promotions. This indy stuff is pretty damned good. A lot of it is pretty damn bad, but the good is very good. I'm just not that vested in it to where I'll post in the Other Promotions folder.

Tito Santana was one of those midcarders that I loved the hell out of when I was a kid. I couldn't tell you why, but I really enjoyed him. Looking at how he was in that video, it's good to see he's really a cool guy. One of the good ones.