TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Vince McMahon in the USWA

Vince McMahon being Mr McMahon in 1993.

This is seriously the best video ever simply for seeing the Vince of my youth being a dick. Notice how much more effective the act is when he isn't so over the top?

Poor Paul Nabers! Who the fuck is Paul Nabers?

Paul Neighbors is a long time ref/Former wrestler in memphis. He turned on Lawler and started fueding with him. That video was awesome just for Mcmahon tripping lawler. And the paramedic totally no selling the fireball.

Paul Neighbors is a long time ref/Former wrestler in memphis. He turned on Lawler and started fueding with him. That video was awesome just for Mcmahon tripping lawler. And the paramedic totally no selling the fireball.

My first ever wrestling show was Lawler v. Neighbors.

He beat the fuck out of him

It was this show-

USWA @ Memphis, TN - Mid-South Coliseum - August 23, 1993

American Eagle & Billy McCallahan defeated the Hawk & Leon Downs

Miss Texas defeated Luna Vachon

The Dog Catchers fought the Moondogs to a no contest

Brian Christopher defeated Chris Adams; due to prematch stipulations, Christopher earned Toni Adams

PG-13 defeated Jimmy Valiant & Super Mario

Jeff Jarrett defeated the Vampire Warrior

Jerry Lawler defeated Paul Neighbors in a stretcher match after hitting five piledrivers; prior to the bout, Vince McMahon & Pat Patterson came ringside, with McMahon cutting a heel promo on Lawler and his fans; Lawler and McMahon had several confrontations at ringside during the match; after the bout, as Neighbors was placed on the stretcher, Lawler shot a fireball in his face

Lex Luger defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna in a non-title match

It was this show-

USWA @ Memphis, TN - Mid-South Coliseum - August 23, 1993

American Eagle & Billy McCallahan defeated the Hawk & Leon Downs

Miss Texas defeated Luna Vachon

The Dog Catchers fought the Moondogs to a no contest

Brian Christopher defeated Chris Adams; due to prematch stipulations, Christopher earned Toni Adams

PG-13 defeated Jimmy Valiant & Super Mario

Jeff Jarrett defeated the Vampire Warrior

Jerry Lawler defeated Paul Neighbors in a stretcher match after hitting five piledrivers; prior to the bout, Vince McMahon & Pat Patterson came ringside, with McMahon cutting a heel promo on Lawler and his fans; Lawler and McMahon had several confrontations at ringside during the match; after the bout, as Neighbors was placed on the stretcher, Lawler shot a fireball in his face

Lex Luger defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna in a non-title match

Wow, you were at this show? At the time, I read about it in the Apter mags (and saw a picture of Vince sitting at ringside), and couldn't quite wrap my head around the idea of Vince McMahon as a heel. What was your reaction to heel Vince circa '93?

I downloaded the match (and the rest of the heel Vince promos from that time) from DVDVR a while back...it was so awesome to finally see this stuff.

That video is cool and I now know that Flair can dance all night long.

I've been really bad lately about comparing something to three things, like"Not Martel, not the Road Warriors, not the Freebirds, not the Road Warriors!"

"I'll have mustard on my hamburger....not ketchup, not relish, not pickles, not relish"

I'm not a big puroresu follower, so I don't know of any other matches where he wore this mask, but I got it from a match of his with Bob Sapp, which is well worth watching if you haven't seen Sapp's entrance where he comes out to Madonna's "Holiday":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wq0YdbHlxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUMLgCUen60

I haven't seen much Muta outside of his US work that I grew up on.

I've downloaded a few of his Japanese matches, I loved the Hogan one.

But any other of his foreign work you can recommend, I'll check it out.

There's a REALLY great tag match on Youtube...i think it's Muto & Chono versus Tenryu & Choshu. They piss Muto off so bad that he transforms into Muta and goes BATSHIT. I have a theory that Keiji Muto does some kind of drug before turning into Muta because it's night and fucking day.

Lemme see if I can find it real quick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EPGERWioQ

Tell me that man does not do some type of drug. Cause that is NOT the same person who starts off the match by the end.

That is fucking badass. Dude does seem like a different person after he changes. He even walks different.

Can you explain what was up at the end there? What was the deal with the big dude and all that?

I haven't seen much Muta outside of his US work that I grew up on.

I've downloaded a few of his Japanese matches, I loved the Hogan one.

But any other of his foreign work you can recommend, I'll check it out.

This is a really fun brawl that goodhelmet once put on a comp tape for me:

Muta vs. Liger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us1GTlbWgIU

I like that tag match, if only for watching Muta. He does some shit that's really killer, like the Handspring elbow on the ramp, or never remaining in his corner. He just...kinda wanders around until Chono wants to tag out.

Then you got the end where Muta busts out like three variations of the Mist, Chono finally just says "fuck it" and walks away. Plus, as Tenryu and Choshu are killing Chono, I love how they look back at Muta wondering WTF he's doing. Not to mention Muta chewing on the top rope.

The end was Muta misting Antonio Inoki, who walked down to try and calm things down. Muta misted *GOD* basicly. I think it set up a match between Inoki & Muta, but I've never seen it. I think it's on Youtube.

Kane The Undertaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afbd0l93cJY

Demolition vs. SD Jones and some guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf6uXYOkIig

A great Pacific Northwest battle royal circa 1977:

I never knew he was called Kane ( I got into wreslting by wathcing survivor series, where he was just called Undertaker, and then didnt see superstars for awhile) , untill WWF magazine ran an article in early 98 about the kane-taker feud and history and kayfabed that Taker had originally called himself that in tribute to his supposably dead brother. Now theres some good continuity there (I wonder if thats why the decided to call his brother Kane in 1997, at first I thought it was a biblical reference)

weird in this video the onscreen chyron says just the undertaker, and only in his interview does he or anyone call himself kane

and that was cool, Howard Finkel breaking in with an ad for a local house show, for January 30, 1991 with the WWF champ Wariror facing Savage in a cage, though by the time that came up, Warrior had lost the belt to Sarge

this match must have been taped prior to survivor series right? (you know the crazy tapings they did then) Alos it seems like Taker here was acting different then his official debut. I mean he moved faster and acted more "alive" I guess

in the demos match that is clearly darsow as smash, not long after his debut in the role no doubt. wierd to see the diff face paint and shorter hair (darsow had a shaved bald head for his role as kruschev, and his hair wa sjust barely growing back here )

anyhow for fun, heres Ludvig Borga, Evil Finnish Environmentalist (TM RD Reynolds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBTtnaPgRv4&NR

wrestlecrap montage

the "its real to me fan" Lex Lugers "i Dont know" promo and Bret Hart talking about El Dandy as a serious threat, set to "Montage" from the ski trip episode of south park

93 wrestlemania music video from wrestlemania the albulm (aka Linda Mcmahons theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCP0I_3TXvo...ted&search=