TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Art Sandusky

The One and Only Raw Thread for February 27th, 2006

It's okay, jest--we know you despise post-retirement Foley and his cash-in appearances from way back. However, do we have any new additions to the fold?

Maybe we should make a club. Foley hate will give us something else to do besides the usual hhhate.

We need a cool phrase like "hhhate" though. Any suggestions?

When he comes on screen you all stand up and scream "-ICK!" ...????

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Shane's appearance pissed me off alot more than Foley's. I have no desire to see Shane McMahon dominate Shawn Michaels in a match.

Shane's appearance pissed me off alot more than Foley's. I have no desire to see Shane McMahon dominate Shawn Michaels in a match.

Foley, still delivers the goods in terms of context but it's uninspired. Foley, once a creative force has become a formula.

He showed his true colors by turning down TNA, after spending months praising their talents (Samoa Joe, specifically) and his chance to do something good for the business was in his hands...

He sold himself out, to become everything he tries to convince himself that he isn't.

I'm sure that Foley, will have something up his sleeve for Mania with Edge because there is a difference in working a nothing match with Carlito on a nothing PPV and WrestleMania.

Maybe for a few minutes, we might forget Foley's formulaic and sell-out ways but it'd be a fleeting moment. When the smoke clears, he will still remain unchanged.

He showed his true colors by turning down TNA, after spending months praising their talents (Samoa Joe, specifically) and his chance to do something good for the business was in his hands...

Yea, what an asshole for taking more money and going to WWE!

Guest bigm350

Yea, what an asshole for taking more money and going to WWE!

I agree. Even Gorilla Monsoon said the same thing. The number 1 goal in wrestling, like almost any other endeavor in life, is to make the most money you can.

He would've signed with TNA if they offered him that type of money. The WWE counter-offered with a contract that TNA wasn't about to match.

He's putting over talent regardless.

Yeah, but right now Sting has a better deal than Foley does. I'm sure Spike TV would have gave Foley the same deal Sting has .
He's about as active that's true

but it's a different game - people are expecting Sting to return to wrestling to "un-retire" and work most PPVs and maybe even some tapings (hey bonus)

signing Fo... yeah it's about the same really now that I type it out, they could have found the cash.

I was glad TNA didn't sign Foley. Least Sting might have some gas left in the tank. Foley hasn't had gas in the tank since his matches with HHH.

Yea, it's not like Foley in TNA would instantly make them stiff competition or something.

I just love hearing people bitch over Foley not going to TNA, it's really funny.

They should have had Mean Gene hosting the show, and then surprise him by inducting him without even letting him know about it, much like WCW did with Gordon Solie.

Solie knew ahead of time what was going to happen.

Are you sure? I've heard for years that he was inducted and it was a total surprise to him. Did he correct that in his book or something?

Solie had been unhappy with the product for some time, and he was very unhappy about John Studd being inducted into the HoF. WCW weren't sure what Solie's reaction would be if they sprung it on him as a surprise so they told him ahead of time.

Any particular reason he wasn't happy w/ John Studd's induction? I'm assuming there were other plodding hosses in the HoF at the time (could be wrong on that one).

I don't want Foley on my TV period, whether he's with a wrestling promotion or shilling Beefaroni.

I don't follow TNA much, but I think it's a mistake to for them to pick up every WWE castoff. I also don't think it will them to pick up Foley and turn him into their version of a JTTS like WWE has.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I also think it's worth noting that Candice, the ditzy model with no reason to improve, is about 8 million times better in the ring than Ashley

Candice does have a lot of potential as a wrestler. She's smart enough as an entertainer to hide her green-ness from marks. She definitely has the potential that Christy Hemme had.

Ashley Massaro is absolutely horrible in the ring with no promise whatsoever. She's not athletic, she's tragically uncoordinated, and has no idea what the hell she's doing. I think I could work a better match than her.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Christy level is what I was talking about. Candice probably won't be great, but if she keeps at it, she may be good eventually. She seems to understand a lot of little things about working as a heel.

Yea, it's not like Foley in TNA would instantly make them stiff competition or something.

I just love hearing people bitch over Foley not going to TNA, it's really funny.

Yeah, I find it funny too. But more than funny, I find it pathetic.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Another live note from the show. Carlito is really getting over, but Chris Masters has NO heat. Time to pull the plug on that one

Foley had actually decided to go with the TNA deal, but changed his mind at almost the last minute thanks to one of Vince’s infamous talks. It wasn’t the money that swayed him, it was Vince.

And the people criticizing Foley for going with WWE have a point. Foley going to TNA would have been a huge shot in the arm for them and would have given TNA a big credibility boost. While there is no guarantee Foley would have turned TNA around, Foley would have definitely helped them in that regard, and it would have helped them become more of a threat to Vince. Granted, it wouldn’t have been that much of a threat at first, but any threat to Vince invariably makes him try harder, and that along would have been thing as it would have raised the quality of his product, and I don’t see how anyone can complain about that. Foley going with WWE just enforces the status quo, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Is this year's Money In The Bank 3 men or 6? It's already up on wwe.com, but does not mention one way or another how many men will be involved.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Foley had actually decided to go with the TNA deal, but changed his mind at almost the last minute thanks to one of Vince’s infamous talks. It wasn’t the money that swayed him, it was Vince.

And the people criticizing Foley for going with WWE have a point. Foley going to TNA would have been a huge shot in the arm for them and would have given TNA a big credibility boost. While there is no guarantee Foley would have turned TNA around, Foley would have definitely helped them in that regard, and it would have helped them become more of a threat to Vince. Granted, it wouldn’t have been that much of a threat at first, but any threat to Vince invariably makes him try harder, and that along would have been thing as it would have raised the quality of his product, and I don’t see how anyone can complain about that. Foley going with WWE just enforces the status quo, and I don't think anyone wants that.

But why exactly was it Foley's responsibility to be the catalyst for the turn around?