TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vasarian_Brandy

PROMO: When It Rains... (Part 2)

(A day or so before Smarkdown)

-----

Walking down the hall of the Xcel Energy Center’s lower level, I tried to keep my head clear, and my spirits high.

I was plenty early for my meeting with Joseph Peters, SWF high commander. My last meeting was... Less than impressive. And frankly, I’m surprised I hadn’t gotten my pink slip already. Thankfully, he’d either been too busy, or just nice enough, to give me time to consider this whole contract deal. I finally came to my decision, and through voice messages and such, finally made an appointment to do the deed.

Frankly, I hadn’t been thinking about it much. With the Sarah thing, LDP’s impending to active for... However long... The apparent return of Janus (though I hadn’t seen him in my workouts at the arena)... All that and more had been enough to think about. The signing of this contract was a necessity for me to stay into the business that I loved.

That was it, in its simplicity.

I rounded the corner, finding Peters’ impromptu office easily, and opened the door...

I had to work really hard to keep the carpet from seemingly being pulled out from under me. My eyes settled on a giant of a man, broad as a tree, in a white suit. The man turned towards the door, hearing it open. When he saw me, a sneer crossed his lips... But there was a look that flickered in his eyes that made me tense despite myself.

“Fury.” The low rumbling voice was unmistakable, and it was also unmistakable that the man called the Hell Machine found the fact that I came through that door much to his disliking. I hastily attempted to pull myself together, eyeing the giant.

“Hello, Janus,” I offered in as much of a sincere voice as I possibly could. “Congratulations on your new assignment with the company...”

“Spare us your pleasantries and false praise,” Janus replied with a sense of malice in those bass tones., “And tell us why you’re here.” The plurality of the Hell Machine’s speech always struck me as odd.

However, it also reminded me that this man was not to be trifled with.

“I have an appointment with Joseph Peters.”

“-Mister- Peters,” Janus growled softly as he turned a glance to the secretary. Her eyes were slightly wary and nervous as she glanced over her books... Finally, she leveled a nod at Janus. He turned his bulk back in my direction.

“Mister Peters will appreciate your timeliness,” he stated in much-less sincere words than mine were to him. “You may enter.” I offered a curt nod, my nerves singing danger as I walked by him. I pushed open the door to Peters’ office, trying not to seem too nervous as I quickly closed it behind me. I allowed myself an inward sigh of relief as Peters looked up at me from his reading.

“Ahh, Christian... Glad you could come in.” He nodded towards the chair in front of his desk. “Please, have a seat.” I allowed myself a moment to compose myself, then took the proffered seat. Peters seemed to notice my shot nerves, and grinned.

“Janus didn’t give you a rough time, did he?” Instantly my nervousness melted into annoyance at the grinning man.

“No, actually. It looks like you made another fine decision, Peters... You should be applauded.” Peter’s grin intensified momentarily, but then faltered quite a bit as my sarcasm was finally comprehended. He gave himself a cover moment as he rifled through a file folder.

“Well, we’re not here to discuss my business decisions,” he snapped off as he pulled a familiar-looking slip of paper, and put it on his desk. “We’re here to discuss -your- decisions... And -your- continued business relationship with the SWF.” I smirked as he tapped the paper with his finger. Peters was, in my mind, one of those folk that knew -just- enough to be ‘dangerous’... But not much more than that. I sighed softly, looking Peters dead in the eye.

“I want you to know that I’m signing this under protest, -and- under one condition.” I shook my head when Peters started to protest. “I’m not a pitch man. I’m a wrestler. But if you want me to shill some of the worthless shit that I’ve seen being shoved down our fans’ throats, you’re completely mistaken.” I pursed my lips, waiting for the protest, but it didn’t come within a second. So on I went. “I want creative control over what commercial spots I do, what products I endorse. I’m not going to lower myself.”

“I agree,” Peters interjected before I could cut him off. “Your popularity is on the rise.” He nodded. “I can agree to those concessions.” He made a note on a scratchpad, then signed his name on the proper spot on the contract, turning it to me with the pen on top. “I’ll draft up an addendum to the contract, but for now, I need you to sign this one so we can get you reactivated on the roster...” He grinned slyly. “You -do- realize that’s why your team has the show off, right?” I barely kept my growling contained as I picked up the pen and signed the contract, thereby damning myself to this man... I looked at him with a cold, steely gaze.

“Is that all?”

“Oh, that’ll do quite nicely,” he said with a grin. “We’ll have you two on the next show. Now, if you’ll excuse me...” He waved his hand dismissively. I stood up, treading to the door, and made it through without slamming it... Just barely though. But I noticed something when I turned into the waiting room.

No sign of Janus.

“He left not long after you went in.” Peters’ secretary looked at me a moment. “He seemed pretty determined about something after you got here, and just... Left.” I nodded to her, then took my own leave of the office area.

Something was going on. Something shady, and sinister.

And I didn’t like it.

One bit.

“He left not long after you went in.” Peters’ secretary looked at me a moment. “He seemed pretty determined about something after you got here, and just... Left.” I nodded to her, then took my own leave of the office area.

Something was going on. Something shady, and sinister.

And I didn’t like it.

One bit.

OK, when Chris Fury starts sounding like Phillip Marlowe, I think we have a problem.

Nice promo. Again. :D

Sign in to follow this