TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NoCalMike

Does Triple H even want to be a heel?

Now, it's not as if Cena being UN-over is helping matters, but bah gawd Triple H is going out there every chance he gets and works the crowd up with his stand up routine. I mean does he still think he is in DX or this is the middle of the Attitude Era where Heels are supposed to be the cool ones?

I have to wonder if Triple secretly wants to be cheered even though he is playing a heel, because it seems pretty evident that in his current character, he is more concerned with coming off as a badass to the crowd, then taking the time to play a proper heel character.

Yeah that whole segment was...odd. After criticizing Angle and Jericho for not knowing how to work and heel and comes out and does that?

I imagine they give up on Cena being the top face on RAW after Mania and bring over Mysterio or something?

Who cares?

Cena's a lousy champion. Everyone knows it. Especially Triple H. He's going to embarass Cena, get cheered, and turn him heel, basically saving Cena's career.

I for one give Triple H credit for actually giving everyone someone to root for. As when news of the Cena/HHH match came out months ago, everyone groaned that it would be heatless. Can you say the match will be heatless NOW? Absolutely not.

Once again, Triple H out-thinks the smarks by using intelligence to gain a World Title, while at the same time making even the SMARKS cheer him (don't forget, they're required to hate HHH to be on the internet).

Triple H goes over. We cheer. The match has heat. Cena is turned. Cena becomes more entertaining because we like to boo him.

How is this bad?

I'm not cheering a HHH title win. Sorry, but I'll take Vanilla Cena over the King of Burials HHH.

Nothing good comes from a HHH title run. Nothing.

I'll take a Triple H win if it means we get the "Undisputed" version of the WWE Championship back.

I can't imagine Triple H walking around with the Spinner belt, can anyone else?

Probably, because it sells merch better than the other belt for some ungodly reason. I think he'll keep it while Cena stays in the title picture awaiting full burial.

As stupid as the spinner belt is, I've never cared. I'm far more concerned with who is carrying the top belt than what it looks like.

Triple H being invovled in the title match picture helps NO ONE but himself and five other people. Cena vs Edge was the first feud in years that was fresh, had heat, and was a draw. Edge getting demoted from top heel and Cena getting buried (both at HHH's will) is retarded on every level.

I heard HHH doesn't like Cena so I'm sure he will do everything in his power to sabotage Cena's run as WWE Champion (just like he did with Edge's run I might add) by holding back on his heelness.

How is this bad?

HHH being a face.

Wanna know why I loved Perfect/Bret? That promo before the match, where instead of putting his opponent down, Perfect did the "You're excellent, but you're not perfect, I am" line and put his opponent over as well as himself.

That said, I'm kinda with UTSU. I don't care for Cena and I still like HHH to a point, so it's all good by me. It's the wrong thing to do for business, but darned if it wasn't entertaining.

"I am finished creating stars." - HHH, Raw, 23rd January 2006

Is anyone really surprised HHH is giving Cena the same treatment he gave Booker considering that?

As soon as HHH said the lines of "Am I suppose to be afraid of a guy whose big move is pumping up his reboks" and basically exposed Cena's limited in-ring ablity, I was reminded of the Warrior/Hogan face to face interview back in WCW. You know when one of the first thing that came out of Warrior's mouth was that Hogan never beat the Warrior and almost blew the angle right there. Cena and HHH both need to find a differant means to promoting their match at Wrestlemania or it's not going to draw because people will know right away that HHH is going to win.

Frankly I enjoyed the segment. Triple H calling out Cena for his faults is at least acknowledging that the crowd hasn't been behind him. It also made me look forward to their 'Mania match a lot more than I was before.

Yeah, sure, we booed the shit outta Cena last night, but he played off of it very well. I'm not entirely convinced that he doesn't win.

He did a very good job of playing off the fact that he was being booed...kind of tweenerish, but an own man kind of thing...it could help him get his 'tude back

Now, it's not as if Cena being UN-over is helping matters, but bah gawd Triple H is going out there every chance he gets and works the crowd up with his stand up routine. I mean does he still think he is in DX or this is the middle of the Attitude Era where Heels are supposed to be the cool ones?

I have to wonder if Triple secretly wants to be cheered even though he is playing a heel, because it seems pretty evident that in his current character, he is more concerned with coming off as a badass to the crowd, then taking the time to play a proper heel character.

Frankly, this is obviously the case. He wants to have it both ways.

He wants to be cocky playboy Ric Flair clone, but he also wants to come out to Motorhead and look like Lemmy, and spit water. That's totally incompatible. But one plays to his ego, and the other gets him pops. He won't let either go.

He wants to be the top heel, but he doesn't want to ever appear weak or be convincingly defeated by a top face.

He wants to be hated, but he wants to get all the funny lines.

Triple H is no way a good heel.

...I was reminded of the Warrior/Hogan face to face interview back in WCW. You know when one of the first thing that came out of Warrior's mouth was that Hogan never beat the Warrior and almost blew the angle right there...

Just because Hulk Hogan says something doesn't make it true.

I honestly don't think HHH is going to turn face anytime soon. I think he will of course win the title at WM and then win a rematch at Backlash. Then if they aren't retarded and do something like have Flair win the MITB (which at age 57 I don't think anyone would buy), I'd have HHH feud with RVD.

I've heard the Rey to Raw rumors but here is one aspect of that which baffles me: Why exactly is Rey a better candidate to be the top face than RVD?

And pointing out that Hogan has never beaten Warrior is an actually decent storyline, because it makes it like "Will the dastardly leader of nWo finally get his ass handed to him by the guy who has the best chance of doing so?" kind of deal. It surely did not blow the angle. What blew it was Warrior's stupid promos, his stupid segments and the fact it was pretty much a colossal waste of time in the end.

I honestly don't think HHH is going to turn face anytime soon. I think he will of course win the title at WM and then win a rematch at Backlash. Then if they aren't retarded and do something like have Flair win the MITB (which at age 57 I don't think anyone would buy), I'd have HHH feud with RVD.

I've heard the Rey to Raw rumors but here is one aspect of that which baffles me: Why exactly is Rey a better candidate to be the top face than RVD?

Rey plays the sympathetic babyface very well. Triple H has been wanting to work with him for a long time now, and this is the best chance to do so (when Rey's popularity is at a "peak"). Triple H has already dealt with RVD and made it clear Smokey the Bear isn't on his level.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I'll take a Triple H win if it means we get the "Undisputed" version of the WWE Championship back.

I can't imagine Triple H walking around with the Spinner belt, can anyone else?

Probably, because it sells merch better than the other belt for some ungodly reason. I think he'll keep it while Cena stays in the title picture awaiting full burial.

It was the only one available in all stands I hit last night. I think the sales numbers may be a little skewed there.

If they'd actually let Cena return to his pre-WWE title reign personality and start cutting some more risky raps then he'd be less stale and the crowd would buy into it more. However, I don't think we'll be seeing any of that stuff because god forbid a risky rap might hurt HHH's image as the "King of Kings."

Because he was in the ring with one of the company's best mic workers and already had the crowd against him. He either saved it for down the line for a less anti-Cena crowd (ha!) or just gave up.

I still believe CENA IS WINNING AT MANIA, while Trips will turn face in the process and win the belt at Backlash.

Because he was in the ring with one of the company's best mic workers and already had the crowd against him. He either saved it for down the line for a less anti-Cena crowd (ha!) or just gave up.

I still believe CENA IS WINNING AT MANIA, while Trips will turn face in the process and win the belt at Backlash.

Leave Lillian Garcia out of this. She has nothing to do with Cena seemingly being afraid to shoot on Triple H.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
If they'd actually let Cena return to his pre-WWE title reign personality and start cutting some more risky raps then he'd be less stale and the crowd would buy into it more. However, I don't think we'll be seeing any of that stuff because god forbid a risky rap might hurt HHH's image as the "King of Kings."

I think part of the problem is people got tired of Vanilla Ice.

As soon as HHH said the lines of "Am I suppose to be afraid of a guy whose big move is pumping up his reboks" and basically exposed Cena's limited in-ring ablity, I was reminded of the Warrior/Hogan face to face interview back in WCW. You know when one of the first thing that came out of Warrior's mouth was that Hogan never beat the Warrior and almost blew the angle right there. Cena and HHH both need to find a differant means to promoting their match at Wrestlemania or it's not going to draw because people will know right away that HHH is going to win.

Actually, according to the Wrestlecrap book, what the Warrior said was that it was no big deal beating Hogan the first time. That would really sabotage a feud.

I'm surprised Hogan didn't walk that until the paid him another million for that one.

I think part of the problem is people got tired of Vanilla Ice.

No, they tired of a thug with no sack. Real thugs don't fight the odds against mean guys, they don't give a shit and fuck someone, anyone, up. Note what sorts of reactions he got for the brawl with JBL at Judgment Day last year. Not only that, but they talk a LOT of shit. Cena hasn't talked some real shit in a very, very, VERY long time. It's all smiles and working up the crowd.

Actually, according to the Wrestlecrap book, what the Warrior said was that it was no big deal beating Hogan the first time. That would really sabotage a feud.

I'm surprised Hogan didn't walk that until the paid him another million for that one.

Was that the line? Thank you for correcting me. I knew it was something near that area but wasn't sure what excatly.