TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Your Paragon of Virtue

Firefox issue

So I went to open firefox, when it asked me to pick a user to log in with. I didn't know firefox had users, but whatever I just clicked on the default I was used to with all the bookmarks and such. It said that profile was already in use and asked me if I wanted to create another one. I didn't think it mattered and did it. Now, all my bookmarks are gone along with saved passwords and the like, and I have no idea as to how to go back and load up my old user profile. I just want it to have all the same stuff it had before. Anyone run into this/know what to do?

yeah that has happened to me too in the past. I messed around with it for a while and things went back to normal. Cant remember what I did, but I would like to know how to fix it when it surely happens again.

Open the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete once), and go to the Processes tab and search for firefox.exe

I have this problem too sometimes. after it ends up using a lot of memory, after I close firefox, it's actually still somehow running. and if you re-load firefox, that user screen you talked about loads up.

Guest Vitamin X

Don't forget to get the newest version of Firefox, either.

A recent one was just released a couple months ago, if even that far back.

Guest Princess Leena
Open the task manager (ctrl+alt+delete once), and go to the Processes tab and search for firefox.exe

I have this problem too sometimes. after it ends up using a lot of memory, after I close firefox, it's actually still somehow running. and if you re-load firefox, that user screen you talked about loads up.

Same thing I do. Happens a lot less now though, with recent updates.

Yeah so I do the ctl ald delete, and find firefox exe. Than do what? I have ended the process, but all of my favorites are still gone.

you could be under a new profile...check this link out to see if you you are on the default profile still.