TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

TSM Writers very own StarSmucks Coffee House Discussion Room!

pa·ro·chi·al Audio pronunciation of "parochial" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-rk-l)

adj.

1. Of, relating to, supported by, or located in a parish.

2. Of or relating to parochial schools.

3. Narrowly restricted in scope or outlook; provincial: parochial attitudes.

Well, I'll be damned.

pa·ro·chi·al Audio pronunciation of "parochial" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p-rk-l)

adj.

1. Of, relating to, supported by, or located in a parish.

2. Of or relating to parochial schools.

3. Narrowly restricted in scope or outlook; provincial: parochial attitudes.

Well, I'll be damned.

talking to godthedog increases one's vocabulary ten-fold.

Czech is fine. Somebody needed to make public how terrible Hardcore Discussion has been as well as the complete and utter confusion in calling a folder the "StarSmucks Coffee House Discussion Room".

I'm trying to save this board myself, but one man can only put so much on his shoulders. Czech is trying to ease the load.

How come all of you TSM Writers aren't, you know...writing stuff? Kotz, Rando, and Flagg are the only ones who ever seem to post anything.

I've posted 2 articles, and I'm waiting until after the NHL trade deadline before I write another. So, Friday.

Guest Princess Leena

I might write another for March Madness...

But, to be honest, if the "head writer" is NGA... I really don't want to be writing shit here.

The new site is an absymal failure, by the way. Terrible writing all around, and Rando's storytime is ridiculous. I wouldn't submit most of it to a high school newspaper. Get an editor who knows what's up, or stop wasting your time, guys.

The new site is an absymal failure, by the way. Terrible writing all around, and Rando's storytime is ridiculous. I wouldn't submit most of it to a high school newspaper. Get an editor who knows what's up, or stop wasting your time, guys.

!!!!!

How come all of you TSM Writers aren't, you know...writing stuff? Kotz, Rando, and Flagg are the only ones who ever seem to post anything.

I'm actually working on something on the return of Saturday Night's Main Event right now that should be up in a day or two, but I'm still tweaking a few things.

Ouch to the nth degree

Ok, so obviously you are saying the articles need some grammar made, do you have recommendations for new topics ideas, etc? Constructive criticism would help more. :)

You won't get an editor, because no one who's good enough to make editing worthwhile will do that for free on a small-time wrestling/pop culture website, of which there are dozens. The other solution is to find writers who are good enough to get by with minor editing, and I think the people on here who'd qualify for that have no interest in writing for the site. There's also not enough content to just flat-out reject lousy pieces.

It's not that big a deal for wrestling recaps (and in Patrick, you have one of the rare persons on here who probably doesn't need much of an editor), or sports speculation (because that's generally informal or heavily statistical anyway). Other stuff--more noticeable. The site doesn't have a central voice, and it won't, because all the people writing for it are doing it for their own self-aggrandizing reasons, not the same self-aggrandizing reasons as everyone else. My constructive criticism is basically "don't kid yourselves," which sounds mean, but hey, low expectations.

Guest Princess Leena
It's not that big a deal for wrestling recaps (and in Patrick, you have one of the rare persons on here who probably doesn't need much of an editor), or sports speculation (because that's generally informal or heavily statistical anyway).

Which make up almost all the articles on the site. So what is your point.

Here's my gripe with the site: the board attracts people who share the common interest of wrestling for the most part. So why would I come here to read about anything else? No slights on anyone who dabbles in other areas of pop culture, but when I need my movie, music, or DVD fix, a site that primarily focuses on wrestling isn't the first, second, or third place I'm going.

It's not that big a deal for wrestling recaps (and in Patrick, you have one of the rare persons on here who probably doesn't need much of an editor), or sports speculation (because that's generally informal or heavily statistical anyway).

Which make up almost all the articles on the site. So what is your point.

That the jibbering stuff like Rando storytime and stuff like that essay on suicide or life being hard lowers it all vastly. And if people are actually intent on making this something more than a wrestling page (which, like Bruiser Chong, I've never thought this place was suited for broader coverage, despite that always being the stated goal of the nebulous would-be "writers"), they're going to need to suck less/get edited whether they're writing life lessons, DVD reviews, etc.