TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Guilty pleasure

I have to admit, I really like that "Boyfriend" song by Ashlee Simpson. I bump it whenever no one's around.

And yes, I'm a 20 year old straight male.

Welcome to the club, brother.

Aside from Ashlee, I have always liked Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, Vanessa Carlton, and Kelly Clarkson. Michelle Branch is by far my favorite. I feel no need to hide these interests from my friends, however.

I have no problems popping on Avril Lavigne

Because it's Niskie, I initially thought it said "pooping"

think incandenza said the exact same a few months ago. you sure don't like being yourself or harboring an original thought, do you?

I'll concede that I've co-opted Incandenza's traits, but I don't see where I've ripped you off

I have no problems popping on Avril Lavigne

Because it's Niskie, I initially thought it said "pooping"

think incandenza said the exact same a few months ago. you sure don't like being yourself or harboring an original thought, do you?

I'll concede that I've co-opted Incandenza's traits, but I don't see where I've ripped you off

Why not stop taking the bait and switch? I actually thought you had opted to ignore the comment, which would've been the smart thing to do in this case.

I like a lot of bad music, but I don't feel guilty about any of it.

I have no problems popping on Avril Lavigne at the jukebox at the bar, or Depeche Mode or anything "embarrassing" at all.

I even admit to liking Prussia Blue.

Why are Depeche Mode "embarrassing"?

I have no problems popping on Avril Lavigne at the jukebox at the bar, or Depeche Mode or anything "embarrassing" at all.

Well, in the 80's and 90's, a lot of rock fans and music saw them as music for "fags", which is a bunch of bullshit. This was particularly prominent amongst white jocks who listened to Korn or Motley Cru. Also, vritics always saw them as "artificial".

Well, in the 80's and 90's, a lot of rock fans and music saw them as music for "fags", which is a bunch of bullshit. This was particularly prominent amongst white jocks who listened to Korn or Motley Cru. Also, vritics always saw them as "artificial".

Well, fuck'em then.

Bumped to say that the new Paris Hilton album is awesome. The tracks are really catchy and hearing Paris sing about "all the silly boys" is pretty amusing too. It comes off as cute rather than condescending the way she says it, like she just really likes the word "silly". Anyway, I'm listening to the whole album right now, and it's putting me in a really good mood just listening to it.

Guest J0bber

Insane Clown Posse since I know the "music" is poor but it's so hilarious I can't resist listening to it.

When I'm in a whiny mood, I also listen to Staind's Dysfunction. So, Aaron Lewis is an immobile piece of shit on stage? He shows he can growl and whine with the best of them on this disc.

The new Justin Timberlake song "SexyBack" kicks ass.

Pretty much anything by Kelly Clarkson

The new Justin Timberlake song "SexyBack" kicks ass.

I'm not afraid to admit I like any kind of radio pop these days, but this song is really bad.

True that. I couldn't remember what song it was, so I listened again after seeing this post, and it really is terrible. Paris (the name of the album, not Paris's name) is fucking awesome though. You all need to listen to it if you haven't already. Jealousy, Heartbeat, and her cover of Do you Think I'm Sexy are all awesome. Turn it Up's not bad either, but it's nowhere near as good as the three I just named. If all you've heard is Stars are Blind, you're really missing out. It's on AOL music for free if you don't have a good enough file-sharing program to find those songs, so you really have no excuse not to listen to them.

You realise that album is 10% Paris and 90% production, right?

That's not unusual though. Most new albums are carried by the production, rather than much skill by the musician or artist. It's not like Paris is the only one.

I've been on a huge bad pop music kick lately. Nelly Furtado's new album? Awesome. 'SexyBack'? Awesome song. Even that horrible 'London Bridge' song by Fergie is money.

You realise that album is 10% Paris and 90% production, right?

That's not unusual though. Most new albums are carried by the production, rather than much skill by the musician or artist. It's not like Paris is the only one.

I've been on a huge bad pop music kick lately. Nelly Furtado's new album? Awesome. 'SexyBack'? Awesome song. Even that horrible 'London Bridge' song by Fergie is money.

Yeah, Nelly Furtado new CD isn't bad. I've seen her in concert for free at the Calgary Stampede.

Guest DRH 502

"Bagz" by Twiztid. I hate those retards but that song motherfucking jams. Frogg if you haven't heard it download it bro its not a piece of art lyrically (although the song unusually clever punchlines for Twiztid) it has an insane beat and it just fucking pumps you up. Great smoking song.

Guest Bammey

The first 3 Avril Lavinge singles.

Almost every Kelly Clarkson single.

NSYNC "Tearin up my Heart"

That's all I can think of right now.

Since I have iTunes open, I'll list my embarrassing tracks:

Beautiful Life- Ace of Base

Swing Swing and Move Along- All American Rejects (Fuck you bowling)

Selected tracks from Stunt- Barenaked Ladies

Butterfly- Crazytown (the sample they use is the shit)

Selected songs from My Own Prison- Creed

Here with Me- Dido

Entire Fallen Album- Evanescence

The Hits- Garth Brooks

Scream if you Wanna Go Faster- Geri Halliwell

Redneck Woman, Here for the Party, All Jacked Up- Gretchen Wilson

What is Love- Haddaway

Come Clean- Hillary Duff

Selected tracks from Cracked Rear View- Hootie and the Blowfish

Rapture (Tastes so Sweet)- Iio

Crush- Jennifer Page

Holding out for a Hero- Jennifer Saunders (from Shrek 2)

Since U Been Gone- Kelly Clarkson

Top Gun Soundtrack

Selected tracks from Significant Other, My Way and Take a Look Around- Limp Bizkit

All three albums + Numb Remix- Linkin Park

Harder to Breathe- Maroon 5

Selected tracks from L.A.M.B.- Gwen Stefani

Faster Kill Pussycat- Oakenfold f. Brittany Murphy (this kicks Paris' songs ass)

How Bizarre- OMC

Don't Cha- Pussycat Dolls

Dance Dance- Fall Out Boy

Shania Twain's Greatest Hits

Spice and Spiceworld- Spice Girls

Various tracks by Toby Keith

Yeah!- Usher f. Lil John and Ludacris

Select tracks from Big Willie Style- Will Smith

I think that should cover it.

Guest Felonies!

Black Lushus

hootie1.jpg

Group: Members

Member No.: 623

I got into Kelly Clarkson since that "Since You Been gone" track.

My moms had the cd, and i heard some of it in the car and shit was aight.

Not a N'Synch fan at all.

I like one BSB track, but I have no idea what it is.

I dig alot of Justin Timberlake's solo shit.

Dude has some fuckin' talent.

I like alot of the made for radio rap singles dedicated to females.

Like some of 50 Cent, Ja Rule, Lloyd Bank$, Jay-Z... a few other dudes, I dig some of thier songs for the bitches.

I love Imogen Heap.

She really shouldn't be considered a guilty pleasure, because she's incredibly talented and puts out great albums, but still, her songs have been used as a soundtrack for "The OC". Which means that on some level, I should probably be ashamed, as a male, to love her so much.

But I don't. I don't feel much shame about anything, really.