Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Storm Comments

DEMONSTAR

RENEGADE

WES IS AWESOME

LANDON

JJ PROPOSITIONS PEOPLE

Funtastic show, minus the missing matches.

Edited by chirs3

So... Landon has been losing under a mask for a while? I bet he just wanted the double pay check ;)

Great show - at least the parts that were there and naturally excluding the standard Spike match but the rest rocked :D

mystery booker huh? well as long as you pass my booking request on to him I'm cool with it.

From the Fire is shaping up to be very interesting, lots of potential matches that have an actual background to it *thumbs up*

I shall return with more detailed comments later

You know I could see the fans rise up in a full blown riot and lynch Peters after that

shame it didn't happen ;)

Guest OKCoyote

I thought that said "LABERINTO RELEASED." I was waiting for "SWF.com wishes him the best of luck in future endeavours" or something like that.

I sent in a 200 word rushjob, yet no-show from us? Ah well. I think I like seeing no match better than 200 word rushjobs. :P

ONE MORE TIME FOR THE RENEGADE MASTAAAAA!!!!!

Seriously, I totally marked out for the return of the Renebreak. Even knowing it was coming didn't ruin it.

But I gotta ask one question. What's X Factor Nine?

Or, even more odd to me, is why he wouldn't've been sold as being in Destruction with IL? ;) To be fair I left poor Blank to dig up stats to write that promo.

I can't believe that Storm cut away before we saw Myers' match.

X-Factor, X-Force X-F*beep* one of those - Pete's been assaulted by his son he can't be expected to have full memory recall ;) (And I went with the better comic book when I couldn't remember if it was Factor or Force)

I figured friendship over being in the same stable

I mean Bryan Addams was in the same stable as Hulk Hogan but that's not really something that makes that much of a difference ;)

and yes I worked on a few stats pages in JL and here and the title pages so it was what it was - pretty good considering he retired like 3 years before I joined :D

It was very good for the limited information you had. And you were right about LDP and Renegade being friends through XF9. Since XF9 was not only a face stable, but also an underdog face stable since there was another one out there (Midnight Carnival) Pete made a point of connecting with his stablemates on a more personal level than say, Clan members would.

Except Ash.

Oh, yeah, and Tod.

Carnie mention reminds me of a fun fact.

One time, it was Spark and I vs. Neilsen, Grunge, and... someone... handicap tag, I think maybe for the Stables Titles. Midnight Carnival was barred from ringside, so me and Spark brought lifesize cardboard cutouts of our stablemates. Later in the match, XF9 snuck in (Sydney, Ash, I think Pete, and someone else... can't remember who) and used the cutouts as cover, so they could cut off well-timed heel interference, allowing Spark'n'I to pick up the win.

The kicker - I used XF9 without knowing they were XF9. I just made a quick pass through the JL forum to see who the big faces were at the time, then used them. And after the show, people said "XF9! Whoo!" And I was just like "Wait, those four are a stable? Oh... awesome, I guess." I picked all four at random (or thought so, at least). :P

Edited by chirs3

If you got all four, then my guess is the fourth was Low Brass.

Another fun fact. The SWF version of XF9 at one point did actually have nine people in it. Thought it would take me awhile to remember all nine of them now.

Wait, I think I just got them all. I think all these people were members, but it's been a long time.

LDP (duh), Sarah Leavenworth (manager), Ash Ketchum, TNT, Tod deKindes, GoldenEye, Erek Taylor, Low Brass, and Annie Eclectic.

For some reason the name Thor was floating in my head as the fourth man. I don't know why.

It was Low Brass - I remember him, now that you mention his name.

No clue why Thor popped into my head.

Edited by chirs3

TNT was in XF9? I don't remember that one at all.

As a side note, i think i'm probably the only person who can claim to have beaten every single person that was ever in X Force 9, with the exception of SoS (he was in XF9 right?) since he left before i turned up.

I'd love to see either one of two things happen in the next weeks

1) Every masked man who "May or may not be someone we know" turns out to be Landon - even if it's a 7 foot character ;)

2) Landon does a random Demonstar Driver to someone during the show and runs off (like Kanyon did with his Diamondcutter on anyone from wrestlers to a camera guy to a hot dog vendor etc.)

*thumbs up*

TNT was in XF9? I don't remember that one at all.

As a side note, i think i'm probably the only person who can claim to have beaten every single person that was ever in X Force 9, with the exception of SoS (he was in XF9 right?) since he left before i turned up.

I seem to remember TNT being in there at our strongest point. Someone help me out here.

And yes, SoS was in the original incarnation of XF9, and our first leader was Apostle - have you beaten him?

Sign in to follow this