TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Guest bookers? Yes or no?

Guest-booked Cards  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of a guest-booked card every now and then?

• Yes, I do!
    • No, I don't!

Special Guest Booker - Johnny Dangerous!

Consider this a trial run - Johnny came to us with the idea of booking a prison-themed show, and we let him run with it. I think he did a pretty good job. :)

CC's got the idea now that the show before each PPV could be guest booked by a retiree - a way to get some wacky gimmick fun in every now and then, and to keep our retirees around and interested a little longer.

If you like this idea, then yay!

If not, then this will be a one-time thing.

Your thoughts?

Guest The Satanic Angel

Totally new concept!

Anyway, I think this is a good idea. So long as CC has final say over what gets booked so nothing TOO zany~! gets booked, it's cool.

Too Zany? well in a federation that's booked An Octopus what exactly is TOO zany?

and I agree, this show looks like fun - we may even get a crazy-ass Toth show one day :D

I don't know about it being the last show before each PPV, but as long as nothing too weird is thrown my way, I'm fine with it.

That's something else I was thinking about - if storylines are coming to a head, it might not be wise to have the show before MASSIVE FEUD BLOWOFF be filled with silly gimmick matches. Maybe instead of the show before a PPV, we do it at the middle point between PPV's.

Edited by chirs3

It doesn't always have to be gimmick matches though, Chris. The fact that Lockdown is being held at San Quentin is the reason for many of those. Plus, I tried to book the gimmicks to people that I thought would be able to deliver. You know Bruce will make something out of Hell in a Cellblock 40, same as for Toxxic's Prison Bitch Match and the Shackles match. :)

I don't know about it being the last show before each PPV, but as long as nothing too weird is thrown my way, I'm fine with it.

That's something else I was thinking about - if storylines are coming to a head, it might not be wise to have the show before MASSIVE FEUD BLOWOFF be filled with silly gimmick matches. Maybe instead of the show before a PPV, we do it at the middle point between PPV's.

I reckon the show after a PPV would be the best slot, every angle is generally wrapped or just about to wrap up. Plus, it's usually a promo show with a few matches thrown in... perfect to have some fun with.

I reckon the show after a PPV would be the best slot, every angle is generally wrapped or just about to wrap up. Plus, it's usually a promo show with a few matches thrown in... perfect to have some fun with.

Last two/three PPVs the show after a PPV has been a pure promo / recap / squash matches show with maybe 1 competitive match.

Not that much for a guest booker to do I think a show in the middle Storm/Lockdown/Smarkdown would be good timing wise - and I know from personal experience that guest bookers can also take match requests/storylines into account as well so I don't think it'd be a huge problem.

I dunno, I kind of like having Aftershock as the show after a PPV. I would be in favor of having a guest booker for the show after that, though.

Sign in to follow this