TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Dates/Locations for '06 WWE PPV's

PWInsider, er, PWSpywareandpopup has posted an article/news item that lists the PPV's and locations for the WWE PPV's for '06. I hope to goodness this is true, because I'll be attending two, maybe three of these shows (being in northeastern Tennessee, at least three are within reasonable driving distance)

From PWInsider:

WWE has announced the locations for the remaining pay-per-views in 2006 (except for Survivor Series). Here are the locations:

WrestleMania 22

4/2/2006

Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Backlash

4/30/2006

Lexington, KY - Rupp Arena

Judgment Day

5/21/2006

Phoenix, AZ - America West Arena

ECW One Night Stand

6/11/2006

New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom

Vengeance

6/25/2006

Greenville, SC - BI-LO Center

Great American Bash

7/23/2006

Indianapolis, IN - Conseco Fieldhouse

SummerSlam

8/27/2006

Boston, MA - TD Bankworth Garden

Unforgiven

9/17/2006

Toronto, CAN - Air Canada Center

No Mercy

10/8/2006

Raleigh, NC - RBC Center

Cyber Sunday

11/5/2006

Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Survivor Series

11/26/2006

TBD

Armageddon

12/17/2006

Richmond, VA - Richmond Coliseum

Yeah, I saw this earlier today and will be going to Backlash in Lexington and Cyber Sunday in Cincy. I live in Huntington, WV, which is on the border of OH and KY. Hour and 40 minutes to Lexington, and 2 1/2 hours to Cincy. Never been to 2 PPV's in the same year.

Vengeance in Greenville? Hey, looks like I might be going to my first-ever PPV.

LOL, yep, that's one of the three I'm talking about. I live in Johnson City, TN, so Greenville is about 2 1/2 hrs. away. I'm also planning on going to Backlash in Lexington, and possibly Armageddon in Richmond (I have friends there . . )

I would be so excited about them finally having a PPV in Indy again if it I didn't have the legacy of past Great American Bash's in the back of my head.

Guest AndrewisyourHero
Is Unforgiven a Smackdown PPV?

RAW, Rudo. Sorry if it raised any hopes.

It also looks like almost all of the PPV's are on the eastern side of the US this year, except for Judgment Day in Phoenix.

I was about to comment on this. Really bums me out, as I haven't been to PPV here in NorCal since the 98 Rumble. I missed out on both SummerSlam 01 and No Way Out 04, and have regretted it since.

When is WWE gonna stop putting every PPV that comes to Canada in Toronto or Montreal and give Calgary it's much deversed PPV???

Last time we had one was in 1997, and it had one of the biggest crowd reactions ever for a WWE event. If you put a PPV here, it's a guarenteed sell out.

Cyber Sunday

11/5/2006

Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

So do the fans get to vote for match stipulations in this gimmick PPV.....give me HHH vs UT in a Hell in a Cell with barbed wire and C4 exploding ring and why not make it a Loser Leaves WWE match, please.

I'm thinking about making the Bash a Summer tradition. I wanna try and hit up that or Summerslam in Boston, but that might be too near the start of school. I'd just wait for Unforgiven in Toronto, but I don't think I am allowed in Canada for a while for my DWI.

Notice what they are doing? Putting ppvs at venues they don't often go to. Smart move because the traditional venues are probably not going to draw as much.

Unless they have Survivor Series at MSG, that's going to break a streak dating back to '92 (possibly longer) of having a PPV at the Garden every other year.

1994 - WM X

96 - Survivor Series

98 - SummerSlam

2000 - Royal Rumble

02 - Survivor Series

04 - WM XX

I know there's the issue with rent going up at MSG, thus making it much less lucrative to go there, but that's a damn shame they aren't running ANY shows there. I'm not a NY guy, but seeing a WWE event on TV from that arena just looks cooler. And you know the wrestlers put on their working boots there. That's one building you just do NOT half-ass it in.

Wasn't the rumor back in October that Survivor Series would be in England?

Interesting line-up, if the card's good I will make my way to Backlash

Notice what they are doing? Putting ppvs at venues they don't often go to. Smart move because the traditional venues are probably not going to draw as much.

Exactly. I know that Phoenix usually sells out quickly and the only other PPV they have produced there was Summerslam 2003.

Wasn't the rumor back in October that Survivor Series would be in England?

I hope so. I'd like to go to a PPV that WWE actual puts effort into unlike the UK only one I went to back in '99.

I remember reading in the Observer that they were thinking of having Survivor Series at Hawaii this year. Let´s hope Vince gives them their first PPV.

I'll probably get to go to Summerslam in Boston, since I only live a couple of hours away.

It will depend on whether or not I can afford it.

I want to go to Summerslam defnitely. I've never been to a BIG pay per view. Just Backlash in 1999 and Armageddon 2005 so it would be nice to attend a Big time show, it probably means I will have to spend the BIG money.

Anyone know when the tickets for Summerslam go on sale? Since its a big show, I persume earlier then usual.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Unless they have Survivor Series at MSG, that's going to break a streak dating back to '92 (possibly longer) of having a PPV at the Garden every other year.

1994 - WM X

96 - Survivor Series

98 - SummerSlam

2000 - Royal Rumble

02 - Survivor Series

04 - WM XX

They'd be fools to not do a show in the Garden, or at the very least, the Nassau. New York has to be one of (if not their biggest) cities and to completely leave them off the PPV lineup is absurd. Besides, I want to go to a PPV this year, and its more likely that New York gets it than DC.