TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cowboy Battlenuts

Taco Bell makes millions by over-stuffing taco's with lettuce.

When I used to go to Subway, I would have to always tell them "Just a little lettuce" on my sandwich, otherwise they'd dump two freakin' handfuls on it...

It's reaching epidemic proportions, lettuce is the biggest filler on the planet(not to mention the fastest to digest) and these company's think they can just load it into any flimsy taco or burger or sandwich they can, so we'll feel bloated after 1 taco but be ready for 3 more in an hour.

Surely there's some sort of legal action, or at the least, large scale act of agricultural-terrorism that can fight this gouging.

If it weren't for lettuce, I think some people wouldnt get any vegetables in their diet.

You got that right. I wonder how many people get only 1-2 servings of veggies per week?

I never put ice in my drinks if I use a soda fountain either. Then again my teeth are horrendously sensitive to cold, so I hardly ever drink or eat something thats not at least at room temperature.

I don't do lettuce but whatever they do to cabbage when they go in egg rolls at the chinese resturant is amazing. Love the stuff.

Ice is to keep the drink cold. It'll be around until they make the stuff in ice-packs safe to ingest.

I have no problem with lettuce, it's neccesary, but a taco with 4 times more lettuce than meat is just fraudulent. They might as well have the drive through loop for about a mile, by the time you get back around you'll be hungry again.

Yeah, there's the real robbery. It's already plenty cold as it is, isn't it?

No.

I don't mind the ice, but when it fills up the entire cup, then I've got issues.

Well, I've got issues already, but you know what I mean.

Zero ice just makes the drink blah.

I'll never forget the night I went to a Taco Bell and they had no taco meat...I'm sure it's happened to others and at other fast food joints, but really, how ignorant does the inventory guy have to be to allow that disaster to happen?

I never add ice to sodas, but then again, Im wierd because I can drink soda warm..I guess its more laziness than anything. Soda from a fountain is already plenty cold as it is, and all the ice does is melt and water down the drink.

That's why you should get Zesty Chicken Border Bowls, it's supposed to have lots of lettuce.

When I still ate meat, I got ungodly sick from one of those.