TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF From the Fire Card!

The Smartmark's Wrestling Federation Presents...

PromotionalPosterFTF2006.gif

SWF FROM THE FIRE!
LIVE, TUESDAY, MARCH 14TH, FROM THE SOLD OUT AMERICAN WEST ARENA IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA!

(7:00pm PST, 10:00pm EST; check local listings)

It's the hottest show of the year!

... ok, already off to a bad start...

Anyway! SWF From the Fire is coming to you from Phoenix, Arizona, where I hear it's pretty hot, so I think it's a good fit. The action begins on the not-really-appropriately-titled-pre-show Frost, where the obligatory QMM match will open the show, and CALVINBALL III will headline!

THEN! Amy Stephens is out to prove she's more than just eye candy as she takes on Ghost Machine V2.0 for a shot at the Cruiserweight Title! Bruce Blank defends his Ultraviolent Championship against the returning Renegade! Wayne Blank takes on Insane Luchadore, and attempts to gain employment with the SWF, while Kevin Coyote and Longdogger Pete fight to end each others' career! And Jay Hawke and Wildchild battle for the International Championship inside a steel cage!

Which carries us right into From the Fire's DOUBLE MAIN EVENT!

FIRST! The winning teams of the Lethal Lottery, the Asian Underground and Team SpYon, clash with the reigning champions, Landon Maddix and Max King, in a TLC Match!

THEN! Wes Davenport, winner of the 2006 Clusterfuck, cashes in his World Title Shot against the unbeatable El Luchadore Magnifico! A little bit of skill and a whole lot of luck have brought Wes this far - can they carry him just a little bit further?

SWF From the Fire! As soon as I come up with a snappy way to end this synopsis, I'll edit it in!

OFFICIAL THEME MUSIC: "Born from Fire," by Amorphis

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

THE MAIN EVENTS

SWF World Heavyweight Championship Match
El Luchadore Magnifico © vs. Wes Davenport

--->"I'm going to From the Fire...?" Those are the words uttered by #1 contender Wes Davenport after winning the SWF Clusterfuck at the end of January, and even now, he still may not believe them! In a truly unprecidented series of events, the former wrestler turned actor turned back wrestler joined the SWF to re-condition himself for a movie role, but when that fell through, Davenport found himself in the position of needing to honor his SWF contract... and he has done more than his part. With the exhilarating finish to Lockdown's main event, Davenport has found himself with a victory over the world champion, even if it was his tag partner. Wes finds himself in the position of the man most able to defeat El Luchadore Magnifico, but for the world champion, this all old hat. Two other men, both Todd Cortez and JJ Johnson, have been "the best" threat to the Mexican's monstrous title reign, and Magnifico has whisked them away. ELM may have already cemented himself as the greatest SWF champion in history, and can a mere actor really hope to knock him off his throne? Who will emerge from the embers as world heavyweight champion?

Rules: Standard singles match.
Send to: janusd

-=-=-=-

Street Fight
Kevin Coyote vs. Longdogger Pete

--->Flash back to a month ago: The shocking revelation that William "Judge Mental" Hearford had been threatening to tell the world about his ex-protoge, Kevin Coyote, is finally revealed by Coyote himself: He is the son of Longdogger Pete! Over the last several weeks, both men, incredulous over this fact, have struggled bitterly. After a long series of unprovoked attacks by Coyote, Pete has finally come to a decision: To face Coyote in a street fight with both men's careers on the line! Estranged father and son meet in the most emotionally charged match of From the Fire!

Rules: Street fight - no DQ, no countouts, pinfalls count anywhere.
Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-

TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS - SWF Tag Team Championship Match
Landon Maddix © and Max King © vs. The Asian Underground (Akira Kaibatsu © and Michael Cross) vs. "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins and Zyon

---> The Lethal Lottery is finally over! No more, we promise. Tonight, The Asian Underground and Team SpYon, both undefeated in the tournament, ascend to From the Fire's co-main event, a Triple Threat TLC for the SWF Tag Team Championships! May the best team win!

Rules: The tag team championship belts will be suspended above the ring, which is surrounded by - you guessed it - tables, ladders, and chairs. No holds barred, anything goes. First team to take possession of the tag titles wins.
Send to: realitycheck

-=-=-=-

CAGE MATCH - SWF International Championship
Jay Hawke © vs. Wildchild

---> Nowhere to run to, baby! Nowhere to hiiiiiiide! Jay Hawke has managed to slip away from Wildchild numerous times in the past, but not tonight! At From the Fire, Wildchild gets another crack at the International Champion, and this time they will be in the confines of a steel cage! This could be the end of Jay Hawke's unstoppable title reign... or it could be his biggest defense yet.

Rules: Pinfall, Submission, OR Escape. Everything counts.
Send to: Evolution

-=-=-=-

#1 Contendership for the SWF Cruiserweight Championship
Amy Stephens vs. Ghost Machine 2.0

---> It's a chick vs. a robot. THAT'S ALL THE REASONING WE NEED.

Amy wants to prove that she's an asset to the company, and Joseph Peters has granted her a shot against everybody's favorite spectral android! Can Amy make good on her attempt to move up the food chain, or will Ghost Machine expose her as a damn fine woman who just can't cut it in the ring?

Rules: Standard, with Cruiserweight Addenda - no throwing your opponent over the top rope, outside count goes to 20.
Send to: Justice

-=-=-=-

Ultraviolent Ladder Match
Insane Luchadore vs. Wayne Blank

---> Part two of the Ultraviolent Double Header sees Insane Luchadore taking on Blank!

Unfortunately, it's the wrong Blank. But I don't think Insane Luchadore is going to care - one Blank is as good as another to him! Hanging above the ring is a briefcase with a contract for IL vs. Bruce, and if Bruce still holds the UV Title, it will be on the line!

But there's another briefcase hanging above the ring, this one containing a contract for Wayne! Bruce's brother makes his first (and possibly last) sanctioned SWF appearance at From the Fire, fighting for future employment!

This is a match neither man can afford to lose - too bad one of them has to.

Rules: "Ultraviolent Ladder Match" - Regular ladder match rules, but the ladder legs are wrapped in barbwire and there are various weapons and barbwire wrapped objects scattered all over the aisle and ringside area.

Suspended in the air is a briefcase with 2 contracts. One is for a singles match with Bruce under UV rules (Title match if Bruce still has the title) and one is an SWF Contract for Wayne Blank - Winner tears up the other contract and keeps his own.
Send to: The Superstar

-=-=-=-

Death on Ice - SWF Ultraviolent Championship Match
Bruce Blank © vs. Renegade

---> The first round of the Ultraviolent Double Header sees the reigning nigh-unstoppable champion meet possibly his biggest challenge yet - THE RENEGADE MASTAH~! Renegade is back, and ready to dish out the hurt in the SWF's second ever Death on Ice match! Can Renegade finally dethrone the king of Ultraviolence, or will Bruce hang on to the title long enough for IL to get his shot?

Rules: It's a Last Man Standing match - but fought in the Arizona Hockey Arena. Actually it's fought during a break in the action of a chairty hockey event between the Phoenix Coyotes and representatives from the SWF. Anything is legal as long as they stay inside the actual arena. Match goes on until one man cannot answer the 10 count.
Send to: Secret Agent

-=-=-=-

SWF Frost Pre-PPV Show

CALVINBALL III
Stryke vs. Sean Davis vs. Jimmy the Doom vs. Christian Fury vs. Arch Griffon vs. An Octopus vs. Matt "Hobbes" Myers

---> A year ago this week, the SWF held Calvinball II. Widely considered by everyone except Thoth to be a smashing success, we're bringing it back! Six men (one of whom will be wearing a poorly constructed Hobbes outfit - and yes, Janus is in the building) and one Octopus will enter the arena as contenders - only one will leave as the Champion of Calvinball III!

Rules: Ha!
Send to: Evolution

-=-=-=-

??? vs. "Big Country" Martin Hunt

---> QUESTION MARK MAN RETURNS! Making his 431847232794th appearance in the SWF, QMM will go one on one against "Big Country" Martin Hunt - is it his debut? Has he been here before? Will the revealing of his identity shatter the universe into a million different splinter universes due to the sheer raw power of his presence? MAYBE.

Rules: Standard singles match.
Send to: chirs3

-=-=-
Edited by chirs3

EDIT - On second thought, I've changed my mind; as long as pinfalls or submissions are legal, escape from the cage is alright with me... No need to handicap Jay, just because *I* don't plan to write an escape win. Edited by Mr. S£im Citrus

I'd just like to note that aside from two descriptions and the markers, this card was composed last night by Mr. Raynor. He had to make it with limited knowledge of what was happening on Lockdown, so there could be some errors. Your mileage may vary.

-Z

Guest OKCoyote

Check PMs (and Lockdown, for that matter). The LDP/Coyote match stip was changed to a street fight, w/careers on the line.

And someone better be in Pete's place, because Pete won't be commentating once I'm done with him.

Terrific card. Maybe it's just me, but I really like how the stips are so varied that there's only one regular singles match on the show.

Correct, Spikerz. Winner of Amy/Bruce faces the winner of Spike/Akira.

And Skull - Calvinball has no rules. Negative rules, even. You could totally write for it.

Correct, Spikerz. Winner of Amy/Bruce faces the winner of Spike/Akira.

And Skull - Calvinball has no rules. Negative rules, even. You could totally write for it.

1) I hope you mean Amy/GM cause Bruce isn't going on a diet ;)

2) So Calvinball... fair game to all huh? *ponders*

Yes, and maybe I'll put the hardcore belt on the line in my Calvinball match.
Then it's really a shame you can't do that Then ;) Previous rulings state that you can put a title shot on the line in this match but not a title unless the actual match is booked for the title (Hardcore title was actually on the line in CB II)

Too bad, so sad isn't it? :D

if anyone adds "so and so wins a title shot" then I've got no problems with it, I'll take on all comers, always have, always will.

Addition: I do mean "Any and all" - if the winning Calvinball match has each competitor doing something to "win" a title shot then so be it :D of course they can then fight over who gets their shots first ;) (Not that you need to win Calvinball to get a title shot - a quick PM to me can get you the same thing)

Yes, and maybe I'll put the hardcore belt on the line in my Calvinball match.

Then it's really a shame you can't do that Then ;) Previous rulings state that you can put a title shot on the line in this match but not a title unless the actual match is booked for the title (Hardcore title was actually on the line in CB II)

THERE ARE NO PREVIOUS RULES BECAUSE IT'S CALVINBALL AND THERE ARE NO STIKING RULES!!!!!!!!!

Man, where's Thoth to tear people new assholes over this?

He's busy perfecting his Bill Fillmaff gimmick for another return :D

Of course there are no rules - except the rule that there "are no rules"... which makes the rule "no rules" null and void

Okay now I gave myself a headache.

But by the whole "No rules" thing I guess you could write an exciting chess match and win Calvinball III (well if it's even possible to write an "exciting" chess match)

LDP is boring to write as a commentator compared to Comet. I can't find a definable character for him except 'bid'ness'. I even went back and found LDP promos and just went 'OK, big tough guy... not a lot here to work with.'

Guest The Satanic Angel
LDP is boring to write as a commentator compared to Comet. I can't find a definable character for him except 'bid'ness'. I even went back and found LDP promos and just went 'OK, big tough guy... not a lot here to work with.'

I always envisioned Hogan with no charisma.

I think I'd die of laughter if the winning Calvinball match had consequences regarding someone totally irrelevant from the match.