TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest areacode212

The ONE and ONLY comics recommendations thread

I'm probably getting Marvel Zombies 1 & 2(and possibly MZ vs Army of Darkness; and Dead Days) for my birthday, and then The Walking Dead Book 1,2 & 3 for my Anniversary.....

What are ya'llz thoughts on these titles?

green-lantern-the-sinestro-corps-war-v1.jpg

buy GL: Sinestro Corps War Volumes 1 and 2, hands down, easily the best event of it's year and ties into one of the best current books (Green Lantern/GL: Secret Origin)

I also say anybody should pick up any issues of the current Justice Society of America run, but avoid any issue of Hulk because of the sheer stupidity that is Loeb. Like Red Hulk being able to overpower the current, head god version of Thor and bypasses Mjolnir's enchantment that prevents anybody who isn't worthy to wield it.

No wonder that fucking hack can't do anything decent without Sale. I mean, look at how badly he fucked up The Ultimates.

I'm probably getting Marvel Zombies 1 & 2(and possibly MZ vs Army of Darkness; and Dead Days) for my birthday, and then The Walking Dead Book 1,2 & 3 for my Anniversary.....

What are ya'llz thoughts on these titles?

MZ vs. Army was a fun read, especially how they actually used Dazzler in a fun way for the first time since the late 1980s and features a super well written Dr. Doom.

Does anyone hear read the Highlander comic thats been out a year or so now? Also did anyone read the old X-Files comic books? I was thinking of picking the trade paper backs for those.

So I'm minding my own business, reading the newspaper, when it suddenly decides to tell me how Batman dies and who takes over and how its done and who kills him and why... fucking paper with its no damn spoiler tags.

Newspapers are stupid, Morrison has gone on record saying that Bruce is still the Batman that appears in Final Crisis (and Final Crisis takes place after RIP), and they never did reveal who Dr Hurt was, just that he claimed to be Thomas Wayne. And they definitely haven't revealed who will take over as Batman yet.

So pretty much all the stuff the various news sources have been saying about Batman #681 has been wrong.

Question for anybody who read Ultimates Vol. 3: why was it only 5 issues? Was it because of delays, because considering the story revolved around Ultron, they definately could have gotten 13 issues out of it.

Question for anybody who read Ultimates Vol. 3: why was it only 5 issues? Was it because of delays, because considering the story revolved around Ultron, they definately could have gotten 13 issues out of it.

I think they decided to keep it short because they assumed (correctly) that with Joe Madureira doing the art for the book that it would be super delayed as is.

My biggest gripe with Ultimates 3 was that the story was pretty weak and just strung along with stuff for shock value, like the Iron Man/Black Widow sex tape being leaked, all the Ultrons, the predictable story line and the whole ultimate incest thing. Looking back at it, it just seems that Loeb through it all together to get the Ultimatum LS started.

I was confused over the whole Captain America/Black Panther deal. You could tell there was somewhere they wanted to go with that, but they never did. The whole deal ended up being convoluted and confusing.