TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

Guest Vitamin X

African food is pretty good, actually. It's fairly spicy stuff, and I'd say Creole food is pretty close to it, actually.

What's kind of cool is that the tablecloth or plate or whatever your food is presented on, is actually a staple of their diet. It's a bread called injera, and you can either roll the food you eat up in it, or eat it afterwards. Pretty good idea.

I used to work with a Sudanese immigrant, he showed me some African food. It's pretty creative. Interestingly, he made pizzas in Canada.

Where are samosas from? Somalia? I remember seeing an episode of The Passionate Eye about a family of Somali immigrants who opened a restaurant, specializing in samosa.

Whose facts under the cap came first? Nantucket Nectars or Snapple? I never even noticed the former had facts under their caps until last night. Nantucket Nectars facts are so much more boring.

Whose facts under the cap came first? Nantucket Nectars or Snapple? I never even noticed the former had facts under their caps until last night. Nantucket Nectars facts are so much more boring.

You too with those, eh? I ate up, pun obviously intended, Schneider's LunchMate "Canadian Facts." There were only three facts, even though they had, at the time, four different varieties.

Speaking of puns, Czech: Absinthe-minded? Meh. Keep it limited to Asian sitcoms, please.

Where are samosas from? Somalia? I remember seeing an episode of The Passionate Eye about a family of Somali immigrants who opened a restaurant, specializing in samosa.

Nah, samosas come from central Asia (India, Pakistan, etc.). They've probably migrated west to the Arab countries and the horn of Africa.

A McDonald's apple pie made me diarrhea all over my friend's kitchen floor one time. Or I just had a virus and didn't get to a bathroom in time. I still think it was that McDonald's apple pie, and I've never had one since.

McDonalds apple pie is the best non-homemade apple pie you can get in the entire world.

I'm no McDonalds hater but I think the only apple pies worse than theirs are those min Hostess frosted apple pies (Do they still even make those?). Those Hostess Pies hardly qualified as pie. Yet somehow I kind of enjoyed the cherry kind.

When I was home this past weekend, I went to Toronto to the Korean Grill House where you can cook your own food (near Queen and John). It was good, but Squid was very bland.

Next time do Grill Time at Yonge & College - MUCH better.

I will when I move to the GTA.

A place that I miss when I was a kid was the Pickel Barrel. All I know where it is, is that it lies somewhere near the Delta Chelsea.

I will when I move to the GTA.

A place that I miss when I was a kid was the Pickel Barrel. All I know where it is, is that it lies somewhere near the Delta Chelsea.

Yeah it's just south of there, and just north of the Eaton Centre. It's been totally revamped too. You won't even recognize it aside from the name. :P

I'm no McDonalds hater but I think the only apple pies worse than theirs are those min Hostess frosted apple pies (Do they still even make those?). Those Hostess Pies hardly qualified as pie. Yet somehow I kind of enjoyed the cherry kind.

The only Hostess pie ever worth a damn was their vanilla greet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles "ooze" pie.

I'm sure that snack alone accounted for at least 15 of my many many pounds gained in junior high. Thankfully most of it is gone now.

-Annie

Man, I swore off all fast food for a while again (probably should do that in the winter instead of the spring...), but had to break it cause I saw Arby's with a what? Spicy fish sandwich. Actually... it was fucking good.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Dude, why don't you just eat at Long John Silver's all the time, then?

Man, I swore off all fast food for a while again (probably should do that in the winter instead of the spring...), but had to break it cause I saw Arby's with a what? Spicy fish sandwich. Actually... it was fucking good.

I had that sandwich yesterday too. They were 2 for $4 thanks to Lent and my dad (a fast food fish sandwich connaisseur as I've noted before) pulled over and got some. You're right, they are damn good. One of the best fast food fish sandwiches I've had. The spicy sauce really makes the sandwich.

Its the fact that there hasn't been any good deals that savour my needs when I'm home.

I really miss the 5/5 deal at Arby's. At five bucks you get fairly full on what you ordered.

I too am a fan of carrot cake. I think it's my all around favorite cake. I mean there's times I want chocolate cake but there's also times when I'll turn down a piece. I don't think I've ever turned down carrot cake.

I would have called carrot cake my favourite a week ago, but I had some cherry bundt cake with Easter dinner with vanilla icing - it's the icing that's key in carrot cake, I think. To be fair, my memory could be jaded, it's probably been about a year since I had carrot cake.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Carrot cake can go fuck itself.

Cake fact:

My father is now a social leper at his workplace because he doesn't like cake very much, and refuses to take part in the celebration of any colleague's birthday.

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Carrot cake can go fuck itself.

Cake fact:

My father is now a social leper at his workplace because he doesn't like cake very much, and refuses to take part in the celebration of any colleague's birthday.

If I wasn't already a social leper to begin with, this would have happened to me. Everyone at my workplace is trying to assimilate me into their world of fatness, always bringing in cakes and donuts and all other sorts of sweet shit, and giving me this "what the fuck is wrong with you" look when I refuse it. Now that I think of it, I should suggest bagels for breakfast food. The good-tasting ones don't need cream cheese or butter, but whoever wants it can use it.

Guest (Loggins Name)

Everything bagel with chive and onion cream cheese and lox. That's a fuckin' breakfast.

Guest Vitamin X

Czech knows what's up. The quality of the bagel is important, of course, and if you add some lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and capers, makes a good lunch too.