TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Boardloaf

I liked "Shove This In Your Mouth" better myself but the current one is pretty good in itself. I'm assuming you weren't around for JN News' "Pizza Hut has lost its game face" thread, LOTC. If you don't get that reference, the subtitle would be incredibly lame. Maybe you do get it and still find it lame

Hey Czech, does Garcia's/Flying Tomato Bros. still exist up there? I haven't eaten there in years. I was hoping to hit one on my way through to Wisco later in the year.

Guest Cal Moriarty
Hey Czech, does Garcia's/Flying Tomato Bros. still exist up there? I haven't eaten there in years. I was hoping to hit one on my way through to Wisco later in the year.

I don't think I've ever seen one of those anywhere.

Hot on the heels of super-poducer Dr. Dre’s announcement that he’s issuing his own brand of headphone comes the news that the hip hop heavyweight will be endorsing a brand of Cognac.

Yes, the first alcoholic drink from the Interscope Geffen A&M Records joint venture with beverage company Drinks Americas will be Aftermath Cognac, to be released this fall.

The production, supply and European distribution of the drink will be handled by Abecassis Cognac, a cognac producer. Following that, an 80-proof flavored and unflavored sparkling vodka will hit the market.

Last month the good Doctor told USA Today that the album would be out in "November or December," and according to the press release, the beverage will be introduced at the same time as Dr. Dre's long awaited Detox album and will be part of an integrated marketing plan surrounding the album.

I have a bag of shrimp flavored chips. I could see three groups of people making these... Cajuns, New Englanders, and the Japanese. I do love chicken in a biscuit...

*tries*

Not bad.

Everyone on this board should go up to Chick-Fil-A today.

Free food. Just wear anything with a football logo on it up to the store, and you get a free 3 piece chicken strips.

WHAT?

The nearest Chik-Fil-A to me is 40 minutes away, but if I didn't have a suspended DL I would seriously take the 40 minute trip. I miss Chik-Fil-A that much.

You know, I've developed a sort of casual bulimia, I think. I feel no compulsion to binge or purge, but in certain situations, I'll be like "Ok, well... I'll overeat, but then I'll probably puke afterwards." I don't vomit anywhere near as much as I did during the nadir of my alcoholism, so I'm not really sure how to feel about this...

Yet another teenage girl compulsion... just throw it on the pile.

Guest Vitamin X

Parsley.

What an overrated fucking herb. Now basil, rosemary, dill, even thyme I can get into. But fresh parsley just doesn't seem to work on anything I've been putting it on today. Anyone got suggestions for what this thing goes well with?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Regular, curly parsley? Cold dishes. Try this pasta salad:

Rotini pasta, sliced black olives, chopped anchovy fillets, chopped parsley, red pepper flakes, olive oil/vinegar/citrus.

Guest Vitamin X

Thanks for the suggestion, Agent. I think I'm going to try that, but I don't have any rotini pasta right now (and I can't even afford that right now until Friday or so) but I did make an interesting discovery last night while running around the internet: Persillade.

persillade-thumb.jpg

Eureka! That's parsley and garlic chopped up together to make almost sort of like a paste. The recipe I found called for persillade as a finishing spice mix, on top of some fried cut up potatoes.

I think the thing I hated about parsley is that it's a bit bitter, whereas you don't taste that as much when it's dried. I'm using Italian parsley, by the way, looks like this:25091830.JPG which I would imagine is the "flat leaf" variety, then. Weird thing: I'm actually a huge cilantro fan, so apparently parsley should be right up my alley as it's supposed to be a similar flavor and more versatile, but the only thing I've found out about it so far is that it's a nice looking garnish, but it definitely needs to be mixed with some other things to work better.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Well, any non-noodle pasta would be good. I just like rotini because it holds a thin dressing well.

Take away the anchovy and I'm sound as a pound with that dish. Especially like the vinegar/citrus combo.

Dude, anchovies are godly.

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah you know, I think I only hated anchovies because Michelangelo from TMNT hated them so much, I thought they must've been awful as well. Then, I had a bad experience with them eating them straight out of a can- not that it went bad like I puked or was grossed out or anything, it was just REALLY REALLY salty.. anchovies are like the saltine crackers of the ocean. But mixed with other things, they're quite heavenly- they go well as a kind of bruschetta as well, mixed with other herbs and spices on top of lightly toasted bread.

My mission this week: Telling bread companies to fuck off for good and make my own bread. My sourdough starter should just about be complete, it's getting to be real tangy now. I started fermenting it I think last Wednesday or so, and living in Oregon with all this humidity is catching a whole lot of wild yeast right now. I'm pretty much going to keep the guy in the fridge permanently, using it as yeast for any sort of bread recipe I come across- my first attempt will be to make a soft-crust sourdough in a sandwich loaf, and eventually I want to move on and make it sourdough crusts for pizzas as well. At the price it would cost me, supposedly I can make bread for like, 67 cents a loaf because all you really need to make it is time, flour, water, salt, and starter (which is just flour and salt).

If anyone's here made good bread on their own, let me know what's worked good for you. I'm trying to make a good loaf to use for sandwiches, like a soft crust and that won't go stale for at least a week or more.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I've gone down that road. After sweeping up mounds of flour and dough scraps for months, I decided that there are a million terrific bakeries in the world that can make bread better than I ever could.

I can't bake.

I had a dream that indicated putting a jalapeno pepper (like, the whole pepper) at the bottom of a champagne glass was an incredible taste sensation, both in drinking the wine and eating the pepper afterwards.

I just went up to Burger King to get something to eat after work. Ordered a double stacker, but when I go up to the window, the guy working there tells me that they're about to close and want to get rid of some extra meat, and asks if I want a bigger stacker. Sure, what the hell? Free food is always awesome.

About a minute later, he tells me that they're out of bacon, so he decided to add even MORE meat to the burger to make up for it. At this point I'm getting kinda worried. How big of a fucking burger am I getting? I take it home and unwrap it...and it's a damn 5 patty burger. I can barely fit my mouth around this thing.

The flip side to that coin is that the meat they served you had likely been sitting in the heating ovens for a while. Most fast-food places don't tend to cook any fresh stuff within an hour or so of closing because of the possibility of nobody coming by.

God damn it. I just sneezed a mouth full of chewed up broccoli. It went everywhere. And it didn't look as pretty as it did on the way into my mouth either.

The flip side to that coin is that the meat they served you had likely been sitting in the heating ovens for a while. Most fast-food places don't tend to cook any fresh stuff within an hour or so of closing because of the possibility of nobody coming by.

Actually, a lot of places are doing just the opposite. They'll have nothing cooked and cook it right when you order.

Clearly standards have been upgraded since my days in the kitchen at McDonalds.

I know that the Wendy's here will get a rush around ten, so they load up on patties then, but post 11 o'clock you always get a fresh made thing because they don't want to waste any food.

I have some problems with the Japanese language, but one thing they've gotten right is the word tanpin. It's often used to say that you don't want a combo at fast food joints. English does not have such a word. Every time I just want to get a burger, they'll ask me if I want a combo, and I have to say no. Yeah, I can just say "by itself" to begin with, but that just kinda feels weird. Plus they'll probably end up confirming that I don't want a combo, anyway.

English needs to step it up.