TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin MacPhisto

Miss Deaf Texas struck by train, killed

My god. Ok a few points I wanted to make:

1. The girl was an idiot for being anywhere near the train tracks. This is undisputed. This I wanted to get out of the way so that the next few points doesn't come across as apologetic of what she did. So to me, she died because of her stupidity.

Now...

In responses to some comments here:

1. I live with a deaf person (my wife) and I also have hearing loss. We live in an area where there's trolleys and trains. We cannot feel the train come until it is mere seconds away from where you are. McAvoy was walking while the train struck her from behind. Now McAvoy probably felt the train come, but at the point, she didn't have time to react, and thus couldn't get out of the way. Boom.

2. Text messaging. This is a major part of a deaf person's life. They rely on this method to contact people. They are probably the biggest group who buys T-Mobile Sidekicks or whatever. They rely on those babies like a baby would a pacifier. Apparently McAvoy was trying to contact her father who was ON the way to pick her up. This is why she was walking, texting... to find her dad somewhere.

3. Czech... if you need help in kicking Rando in the balls, you can call on me.