TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lord of The Curry

UFC 59: Reality Check

Sherk @ 155 would be fucking scary.

It hasn't yet been confirmed by UFC.tv but the usual suspects are saying that Terry Martin vs Jason Lambert has been added to the card.

I'd take that as a sign that perhaps UFC is reviving the LW division, but of course, this is the UFC we're talking about.

Nice to see Terry Martin is getting another second chance after getting posterized by Irvin's flying knee. Not that the match will be aired or anything, but still.

That sucked for Terry, even Irvin knew he was lucky to connect so flush on that flying knee. A shame because Terry was pwning his ass in that first round, too.

Irvin was recently defeated by Lodune Sincaid in the WEC, thus not only proving he has no wrestling game whatsoever, but further humiliating Martin.

Yeah I found that funny too. Interestingly enough I thoguht people were underrating his groundgame when they all picked him to lose to Bonnar. I assumed that he would KO him or something, I totally didn't realize how bad he was. I mean really, he lost to Lodune Sincaid.

Lodune?

Lodune Sincaid; serious mixed martial artist?

Lodune Sincaid: Gokor's favorite lush.

Anyways, the writing was on the wall in regards to Irvin's lack of grappling skills, but even a few guys like MSIA thought Bonnar would be dumb enough to buy into his own words, stand with him and get crushed. However, they obviously forgot that Stephan is all about the superfluous subterfuge.

I remember Irvin said his standup is the best at LHW, and that unless you were Chuck Liddell you'd have to take him down to beat him. I assumed that he implied that he was on the level of Chuck Liddell in terms of defending takedowns because of this statement. I guess even he didn't expect that anyone in the division was capable of taking him down, and therefore beating him.

I laugh even more when I remember before his debut in the UFC he talked about how his background in football would help his takedown defense much better than most, since dodging safeties trying to tackle you at 50 mph is tougher than defending a shot.

Right.

I laugh even more when I remember before his debut in the UFC he talked about how his background in football would help his takedown defense much better than most, since dodging safeties trying to tackle you at 50 mph is tougher than defending a shot.

Right.

Safties nowadays are always looking for the "highlight reel" tackle, so they generally go high. I'm kinda confused as to how that would help you defend against someone who's trying to grab your legs.

well he meant dodging guys diving for him trying to take him down. A shot is at about the same length as a tackle most of the time.

That kinda goes hand in hand with wanting the highlight reel tackle. But since this is the MMA subforum, I will refrain from noting the decline in tackling ability in football, or commenting further. We understand each other here.

But really, forget about all that and just concentrate on the fact that Irvin is dumb.

They can't all be Rhodes Scholars, you know.

Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz has been added to the card.

I'm kinda disappointed that they're putting the fight on this card as it has a good story behind it and most likely won't make airtime.

But it may get a run in the SPECIAL TSM UFC59 PREVIEW OMGLETSACTUALLYDOASHOWTHISTIME

Guest Brian
--Jeremy Horn suffered a back injury a few days ago in training, and yesterday gave word to UFC that he wasn't going to be able to fight on the 4/15 PPV for his scheduled match with Evan Tanner. The rumored replacement, Ivan Salaverry, at the end of the day yesterday, told UFC he didn't think he had enough time to train and make the 185 pound division, so as of this morning, there is no new match.

That was the Meltz's update. I think Justin Levens is who they are talking to now. Either one would have been fine, but at least it looks like they might be rescinding their position on Salaverry (and I wonder what this would have meant for the IFL, where Salaverry was supposed to fight as a lhw). WEC represent!

Jeff Monson is a monster... Arlovski watch out for him.

Arlovski would murder Monson 3 times before Jeff hit the ground, headless.

UFC.tv has added Karo Parysian vs Nick Thompson and Terry Martin vs Jason Lambert to the card.

Big Tim vs Andrei

HBBB vs Forrest

Sherk vs Diaz

Terrell vs Smith

Monson vs PDP

Thompson vs Parysian

Lambert vs Martin

There's still rumours that we'll see Justin Levens come in as the replacement for Jeremy Horn but nothing confirmed yet.

BUMP.

Let's get some discussion goin' on about this bitch, yeah?

[Mortal Kombat] FINAL CARD..........FIGHT! [/Mortal Kombat]

UFC Heavyweight Championship- Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski ©

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin

Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk

Karo Parysian vs Nick Thompson

Evan Tanner vs Justin Levens

Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz

Terry Martin vs Jason Lambert

Dave Terrell vs Scott Smith

Derrick Noble vs Thiago Alves

The question I asked Rudo the other day (and the one I'm posing to ya'll) is what fight do you put on last: Tito vs Forrest or Sylvia/Arlovski. Even though it's SoCal and it's Tito's big return I'm not sure UFC would put something that could be a decison-bound ground fight in the main event when Sylvia/Arlovski is almost guaranteed to end violently, possibly in the first.

Also, one is a title fight while the other isn't.

Still, Tito vs. Forrest is the big draw and should go on last. To me this fight is one of the biggest fights in UFC history. Sylvia vs. Arlovski is another train wreck waiting to happen and isn't special or anything. I'd put the LHW fight on last and give it top billing. However I am pretty sure the HW Title fight will go on last mainly because it is a title fight.

It's gonna be a bad move because the heat for the Griffin match will be way off the charts while Arlovski's fight will just be like any of his other ones, not that crazy.

I still think at UFC 53 they should have put Franklin's fight on last, as that was guaranteed to be more competitive and a bigger deal than the main event.

PICKS~!

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Ortiz

Andre Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia - Arlovski

Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk - Sherk

Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz - Monson

Evan Tanner vs Justin Levens - Tanner

David Terrell vs Scott Smith - Terrell

Karo Parisyan vs Nick Thompson - Karo

Jason Lambert vs Terry Martin - Martin

Thiago Alves vs Derek Noble - Alves

Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin

Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk

Karo Parysian vs Nick Thompson

Evan Tanner vs Justin Levens

Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz

Terry Martin vs Jason Lambert

Dave Terrell vs Scott Smith

Derrick Noble vs Thiago Alves

That's right.

They've been building this one up as the title fight being on last. That was back when Tito went on last regardless of what other fights were on the card.

That doesn't happen anymore though, but it should in this case.

American Dragon, you will probably have the worst pick record at the end of this thing.

In a way I'm kinda glad that all this whackiness has gone regarding favourites losing because if Sylvia does win I'm not going to be completely shocked. Just very, very pissed off.

I forgot that the card is called Reality Check, so it wouldn't make sense for the reasoning behind the title to not be in the main event.

Sylvia said that according to Jorge Gurgel he's a purple belt, maybe close to a brown. He also said that if he wants to he can take down Arlovski, no if's and's or but's about it.

I'll give you some time to take that all in.

Done laughing? He said that Arlovski wilts under pressure and that he can't handle the GnP that Sylvia would deliver if he wanted to, due to his weak chin.

Now I really want Arlovski to knock this dipshit out. It's ironic that this card is titled Reality Check, because Sylvia certainly needs one. Tim Sylvia is like a fat girl that brags about how hot she is and wears revealing clothing totally oblivious to reality, only to cry herself to sleep at night eating chocolate pudding.

Guest Brian
I forgot that the card is called Reality Check, so it wouldn't make sense for the reasoning behind the title to not be in the main event.

Sylvia said that according to Jorge Gurgel he's a purple belt, maybe close to a brown. He also said that if he wants to he can take down Arlovski, no if's and's or but's about it.

I'll give you some time to take that all in.

Done laughing? He said that Arlovski wilts under pressure and that he can't handle the GnP that Sylvia would deliver if he wanted to, due to his weak chin.

Now I really want Arlovski to knock this dipshit out. It's ironic that this card is titled Reality Check, because Sylvia certainly needs one. Tim Sylvia is like a fat girl that brags about how hot she is and wears revealing clothing totally oblivious to reality, only to cry herself to sleep at night eating chocolate pudding.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!111LOL

Holy Shit. Sylvia is motherfucking delusional.

Tito Ortiz vs Forrest Griffin - Tito Ortiz

Andre Arlovski vs Tim Sylvia - The Maine-iac!!!

Nick Diaz vs Sean Sherk - Nick Diaz

Jeff Monson vs Marcio Cruz - Jeff Monson

Evan Tanner vs Justin Levens - Evan Tanner

David Terrell vs Scott Smith - David Terrell

Karo Parisyan vs Nick Thompson - Nick Thompson

Jason Lambert vs Terry Martin - Terry Martin

Thiago Alves vs Derek Noble - Thiago Alves

I've been on a serious roll @ DVDVR. What the hell.

Tito/Forrest- Tito

Andrei/Sylvia- Pitbull, mauling.

Sherk/Diaz- Sherk (but I'm 100% behind Diaz)

Terrell/Smith- Terrell? Sure. Smith's a first-time viewing for me.

Monson/PDP- PDP

Tanner/Levens- Tanner

Noble/Alves- Alves

Karo/Thompson- Karo

Martin/Lambert- Lambert