TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Smackdown Spoilers

Thanks to Lance and CW for sending along these results from tonight's Smackdown taping:

Dark Match:

Test (in the face role) defeating Sylan with a big boot.

Velocity:

*Gemini beat Mexicools

*Tatanka beat Vito

*Paul London beat Brian Kendrick, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble in a #1 Contender's Cruiserweight title match

Smackdown:

*Finlay beat Lashley in a Money In The Bank Qualifier after Finlay hit Lashley with a club

*Burchill and Krystal beat Regal and Jillian after Burchill hit Regal with the C4

*Booker T beat local indy worker, "The Fire" Jeromy Young (one of the McMahon security guards from Raw)

*Matt Hardy beat Animal. Animal originally beat Hardy with brass knuckles but the referee saw them and reversed the decision.

*Chris Benoit beat Orlando Jordan after the Sharpshooter. JBL did commentary and hit Benoit with a beer cooler after the match.

*Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle did a 3 way interview. The audio was off and the voice did not match the lips.

*Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle beat MNM and Mark Henry when Angle hit the Angle Slam and Orton made the blind tag and the pin.

Dark Main Event

*WWE World champ Kurt Angle beat Mark Henry, Undertaker and Randy Orton in a Fatal Four Way.

Yes! Finlay in Money in the Bank!

I'm guessing Matt and Booker T will probably fill out the MITB match, or they find a way to stick Lashley into the MITB.

Regal w/Jillian is interesting but I doubt it will be something beyond this one show.

When I think of a ladder match, I try to think of guys who can take a good bump. Can Finlay bump well for a match like this? I'm not worried about Flair because I was pleasantly surprised with his TLC match with Edge back in January.

When I think of a ladder match, I try to think of guys who can take a good bump. Can Finlay bump well for a match like this? I'm not worried about Flair because I was pleasantly surprised with his TLC match with Edge back in January.

I just love seeing Finlay stiff the shit out everyone.

*Burchill and Krystal beat Regal and Jillian after Burchill hit Regal with the C4

How did he manage the C4 on Regal? That's if the C4 is the Backflip Uranage thingy.

I just love seeing Finlay stiff the shit out everyone.

I can see your point. Can't say I wouldn't mind seeing Finlay knock the shit out of some guys with the ladder.

*Paul London beat Brian Kendrick, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble in a #1 Contender's Cruiserweight title match

Wow. If this translates to a WrestleMania match for Paul, i'm happy.

TEST?

Seriously. Isn't this the same guy who has repeatedly buried WWE and bashed their policies... only to graciously accept a dark match invitation and then be booked to WIN?

Wow. If this translates to a WrestleMania match for Paul, i'm happy.

I was expecting Noble/Helms actually, but I guess if MnM does get a spot at Mania (as they should, since TBS/Kane are booked against CC/CM) it'll be MnM Vs Mexi-Cool's.

Not that it surprises me anymore, but thats ridiculous they have that CW four way match on f'n Velocity, especially if it actually leads to a match w/ London and Helms at Mania. I'd still think they gotta have something like a gauntlet match at Mania with all of the CWs though.

Lashley/Finley has tons more steam and potential to even bother blowing off at Mania, so might as well put both of them in the MITB match along with Hardy to slow build a few real high profile Finley/Lashley bouts down the road. Thinking that Booker T will still be facing Boogeyman at Mania so I wouldnt consider him to be in MITB.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
TEST?

Maybe its someone else.

Please let it be a Test midget.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Not that it surprises me anymore, but thats ridiculous they have that CW four way match on f'n Velocity, especially if it actually leads to a match w/ London and Helms at Mania.

Lets be honest here. Its the company's fault, but there's not one cruiserweight that's even kind of over. There's no one who wasn't going to buy the show that's now going to say "The Whacky Guy is going to face the guy who wears sunglasses? Here's my fifty dollars now!" If this match had any bearing on your decission to buy the show, its most likely because you watch Velocity to begin with.

Not that it surprises me anymore, but thats ridiculous they have that CW four way match on f'n Velocity, especially if it actually leads to a match w/ London and Helms at Mania.

Lets be honest here. Its the company's fault, but there's not one cruiserweight that's even kind of over. There's no one who wasn't going to buy the show that's now going to say "The Whacky Guy is going to face the guy who wears sunglasses? Here's my fifty dollars now!" If this match had any bearing on your decission to buy the show, its most likely because you watch Velocity to begin with.

Well, Funaki tends to be pretty over at house shows and every time he's been given a gimmick and air time to support that gimmick the fans took to it, but there's really no point in trying to make him a serious contender anymore.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Well, Funaki tends to be pretty over at house shows and every time he's been given a gimmick and air time to support that gimmick the fans took to it, but there's really no point in trying to make him a serious contender anymore.

I was actually going to say "with the exception of Funaki" but didnt for the reasons you listed.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
OMG TEST is back????!!!!

TEST~

On second thought, I demand that Test be Randy Orton's first post mania challenger

TEST?

Maybe its someone else.

Then he would have won with a "small boot" instead :D

Apparently the best way to get a contract with the WWE is to be fired by them for not having any ideas for how to use you? LOL Palumbo, Moore and maybe Test? Yeah that's a trifecta of bleh

TEST?

Maybe its someone else.

Where is the Test love...

The show looks alright. To the guy who said the thing about the C4: Burchill did the C4 last week in a one on one match on SD! against Regal as well. It's really the C4, the WWE is allowing him to do it I guess.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

TEST?

Maybe its someone else.

Where is the Test love...

The show looks alright. To the guy who said the thing about the C4: Burchill did the C4 last week in a one on one match on SD! against Regal as well. It's really the C4, the WWE is allowing him to do it I guess.

Hey, I've come around. I want to see an Orton/Test world title program. Forget the matches for a second. Can you imagine the promos?

Guest Princess Leena

With Orton getting mega-pushed, Test back... just need the Yankees to lose to Boston and we hopefully drag Anglesault back to insanity.

How did he manage the C4 on Regal? That's if the C4 is the Backflip Uranage thingy.

Probably the same way he managed to the previous SmackDown.

Anyway, spoilers from WO with few more details (but not much different... has the ending to the main different (same winners) but is missing the mixed tag match):

Velocity Taping

Test beat Sylvan: Test was in good shape and seemed very happy to be back. Was a pretty good opener. Test won it with the big boot.

Tatanka beat Big Vito: Tatanka was in better shape that I expected him to be and was one of the crowd favorites. Was a better match than you would've expected it to be. Tatanka won with the Penbrook Slam (Samoan Drop) after interference from Nunzio.

Paul London beat Brian Kendrick, Jamie Noble, & Kid Kash in a 4 Way Cruiserweight #1 Contenders Match: London pinned Kendrick with a rollup, but they shook hands afterwards. There was not one dive to the outside in the entire match, and maybe 2 or 3 top rope moves. Very disappointing considering who all was involved.

Gymini beat The Mexicools: Not even sure why this match happened. Gymini won with a weird looking double powerbomb type move.

Smackdown

Finlay beat Bobby Lashley in a Lumberjack-Money in the Bank Qualifying Match when Finlay hit Lashley with his stick (I don't know how you spell what it's actually called.) The face Lumberjacks were all little guys. The heels beat the crap out of Lashley every time he got thrown to the outside, but the faces never really stepped in and helped much. Lashley ended up cleaning house on the lumberjacks before it was all said and done. I'm not sure Lashley knows how powerful he is. I really don't think jobbing him out, even if it's screwjob finishes, is the right move. The dude has the explosiveness of Goldberg, with an actual legit background in wrestling to boot. He deserves a shot to run with the ball.

Matt Hardy beat Animal by DQ in a Money In the Bank Qualifying Match: Animal originally won but they reversed the decision when the ref saw the brass knucks Animal had used hidden under his arm. Animal wore biker clothes and jeans, with no paint.

Chris Benoit beat Orlando Jordan with the Sharpshooter. After the match, Bradshaw hit Benoit with a cooler and laid him out. The cooler was clearly a foam cooler and was empty, but Benoit sold it like he had been shot.

Booker T beat Jeremy Young: Young got no offense at all. After the match, the Boogeyman showed up but really didn't do anything other than eat worms and dance around.

Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio Jr. & Kurt Angle beat MNM & Mark Henry: Mysterio and Angle worked the entire match. Rey had just hit the 619 when out of nowhere, Orton RKO'd the dude Rey had hit the 619 on and pinned him.

POST-SMACKDOWN MAIN EVENT

Kurt Angle beat Randy Orton, Mark Henry, and Undertaker in a 4 Way Dance to retain the title. Angle pinned Orton after Taker had chokeslammed him. It was about a ten minute effrort. Taker was the fresh man out there, and he did his "Old School" bit, but other than that it was mostly punches and kicks. In the end, everyone hit their finishers, and Angle ended up getting on Orton while Taker was down. Passable main event.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Didnt London get screwed by a Chavo injury last year right before Mania? Awful luck.

I'm not sure Lashley knows how powerful he is. I really don't think jobbing him out, even if it's screwjob finishes, is the right move. The dude has the explosiveness of Goldberg, with an actual legit background in wrestling to boot. He deserves a shot to run with the ball.

Wow to the bolded parts...I don't know if I'd go THAT far...he's more similar to Big Poppa Pump-version Scott Steiner than he is to Goldberg...he certainly can't be given any ball to run with with the way they've been booking since November.