TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Open the Muggy Gate

Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus

There aren't many feuds right now that are grabbing my attention. On the Smackdown side, Orton vs. Mysterio vs. Angle is good enough, and Lashley vs. Finlay has been the highlight over there for me. On the RAW side of things, only one feud has got my attention... and it's the fucking women's title feud shockingly. I don't know if that's good or bad, but either way, Mickie James has been on a roll and has her character down perfect. She made me forget she was Alexis Laree. She made me believe she was a fucking nutcase. That segment on RAW put it over the top. So what do ya guys think? Best thing going right in the E?

Considering what else is going on right now, this fued is the one that has me most interested. Anyone else wish that it would have been Jack that Mickey kidnapped instead of Ashley?

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Considering what else is going on right now, this fued is the one that has me most interested. Anyone else wish that it would have been Jack that Mickey kidnapped instead of Ashley?

I wanted Jack. Ashley annoys me. Although she looked good last night. She shaved the stache.

As far as Mania feuds go, this one certainly is the best. Mickie James is a top 3 character on Raw.

I think Lashley/Finlay is a great feud too. It's simple but effective. I'm a bit surprised they're not having a No DQ blowoff match at Mania, but I suppose that would be overkill since there are 5 No DQ matches already (MITB, Casket, Vince/Shawn, Edge/Foley, SD 3-way). Oh well, they can save it for the next SD only ppv.

Yes, yes it is. It has everything an attitude era feud had and nothing a feud nowadays has. It has great storytelling in and outside the ring, good characters and decent (as in not completely over the top) promos. If only the wrestling were better.

Could it be that the women's division flies so far under the WWE's radar that it doesn't become bastardized? (Is that the same reason why London and Kendrick get away with so called banned SSPs?)

I love it. They finally found a heel diva who gets heel heat, and plays her character to a T. She's a welcome change, and her feud with Trish not only makes sense storyline wise, but is actually interesting, unlike the main fueds on Raw right now.

I stopped giving a shit about this feud a while ago. It worked for me the first few weeks because Mickey was so upbeat and they weren't playing the turn up at all, which meant the possibility of them taking a different route (other than the Single White Female crap that they've been doing). Now it's pretty conventional and boring.

There isn't a good feud in the WWE right now, the only two that are passable are Finlay/Lashley and Mickey/Trish (which, while boring, has at least been structured and somewhat coherent)

Best thing they've booked since Edge won the title. Of course, they fucked that up in less then a month.

WWE will probably fuck it up by having Trish retain the Women's title at Wrestlemania despite the fact that she's held the title for too long.

I stopped giving a shit about this feud a while ago. It worked for me the first few weeks because Mickey was so upbeat and they weren't playing the turn up at all, which meant the possibility of them taking a different route (other than the Single White Female crap that they've been doing). Now it's pretty conventional and boring.

There isn't a good feud in the WWE right now, the only two that are passable are Finlay/Lashley and Mickey/Trish (which, while boring, has at least been structured and somewhat coherent)

Exactly, the fact that this storyline has been coherent as opposed to the other current and past storylines in WWE with the addition of the appealing central characters has given this storyline undeserved praise.

This storyline really could have been juicier. They have yet to explain, WHY are we supposed to care that Trish is being stalked. They never explained WHY Mickie loves Trish. They went with the conventional single white female route and made it too simple. They could have taken the characters of the seductive, smart and mainipulate face Trish and have her unknowingly make herself a larger then life figure for the naive, slightly disturbed but overly happy Mickie. Build a reason for Mickie to fall for Trish.

They could have been creative with this but went with the usual WWE conventionality. However, it involved a bloody lesbian kiss, so it was INCREDIBLE.

It's a coherant storyline that isn't complicated or impossible to follow, which is the cause of it's praise.

Next week, they should go the movie route and just have fun with it but build trish up as a sympathy face and Mickie, even more demented.

I got many ideas but it's pointless because WWE will just do the generic direction instead.

Maybe if Mickie was being controlled by someone. Like, she had someone in her ear telling her that Trish loved her and whatnot.

Another thing is this program doesn't really have much legs to it. They fight, they have a rematch, it's over. The womens division goes back to being pointless.

Another chick, it could even be someone in their development, is manipulating Mickie, so Mickie can beat up Trish for her, take the title at Mania (with help from unidentified chick), and give the title to her (the 2nd Raw after Mania, the first Raw after Mania introduces the chick to the audience where their match for the next week is established. That 2nd Raw has the fingerpoke of doom finish, along with the two kissing, revealing that the relationship goes deeper). They could go almost the entire year running with those three, with Mickie acting as the bodyguard preventing Trish from getting to the real threat, until Trish finally beats Mickie and gets her title shot. And you can also have Mickie discovering she's been manipulated and turns on the chick. Hell, even though it would suck ring-wise, they could have Lita be pulling the strings, and blow it all up.

This thing died at New Year's Revolution. We're just being forced to watch three more months of it because the WWE has nothing for Wrestlemania.

As a Single White Female parody, it blows, because the one weird, entertaining thing about Mickie (her being an obsessed cheerleader) was taken away when they turned her flat-out lesbian. That was back in Christmas. The mystery (and intrigue) of the angle was gone at that point.

As a psycho angle, it sucks, because Victoria did a much better job (certainly got more heat) and was a better wrestler. And now she's cow-towing to the Playboy dyke as another stereotypical evil lesbian. Victoria licking Stacy was disturbing and smacking Trish in the head with a chair was brutal, it worked. Mickie tying up Ashely and then kissing Trish? Weak.

As a lesbian angle, it's terrible. They can't touch Dawn Marie seducing Torrie in the hotel room.

And besides Mickie looking ugly as hell when she dressed up as Trish, we don't know WHY she's doing this.

I can't stand this anymore.

They did explain why Mickie loves Trish, many times.

She spent all her time watching wrestling with her grandpappy and Trish Stratus was what inspired her to go into wrestling and she became attached to her by watching her on TV that her obsession grew

Part of me thinks that Vince was caught playing with dolls when he was a young lad and this is him trying to live out those fantasies in a more acceptable (?) manner.

Another part of me thinks that this is Steph playing with dolls because all her parents gave her growing up were wrestling figures and she hated them for it (which explains SO much).

It's a great feud, but it's not a feud that makes me want to order a PPV over. That's the big problem, all the feuds they need to be doing good to make people want to spend 35-50 dollars on a PPV are just god awful or make no sense.

You can rehash feuds since every feud has been done to death, you just need quality people to make them work. It seems like there are no quality male promos/actors/wrestlers to make feuds worth a damn.

The appreciation for this feud comes at a weird time considering the blow-off (I guess) is two weeks away and it happens to be a wrestling bout. Everybody should prepare themselves for disappointment then as I assume, given what we saw from the women's division in 2005 and so far this year, that it will be fairly bad with little intensity, awful timing and botched moves/moves that don't look painful.

Guest Rrrsh

The best build has been Edge/Foley and James/Trish.

The rest are good or OK, but nothing really special.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

I think this one is a lot better than Foley/Edge. They seemed to have a plan at least pencilled in for this feud the whole time. The Foley/Edge feud started before they had a reason to feud, and they haven't been very clear in what exactly they are feuding over. Edge's motivation is stupid and Foley's has changed three or four times.

You know, this is the second time that Trish has been involved in a really long program for Wrestlemania in the last three years. That's cool.

I appreciate the stance that turning it into a lesbian thing wore away a bit of the shine of their feud, but they've at least kept it dialed back to a degree. If Vince had his druthers you know they would have had a shower scene two weeks after Mickie first brought the love-love angle into it. This would be much better without that element.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying this otherwise. My fear at this point is that Trish wins at Wrestlemania and Mickie becomes another generic women's wrestler. Also, since she's got some healthy proportions I'm scared of another "she's a fatass" kick.

Guest JustPassinBy

Its my favorite feud. I find two hot chics making out quite entertaining. And not knowing if they will or if they wont, keeps me watching.

What they should do make Trish/Mickie a couple after WM, and then have part of their appeal being some making out after their matches (sort of like Lita/Edge)... They'd be completely over. Like way way over with the crowd.

But then gradually start teasing the crowd (since the crowd always wants them to kiss), and then finallly just flip off the crowd and cut a promo like "We arent here for your enjoyment you perves..." They'd get mass heel heat after that.

Honestly, if the WWE is serious about appealing to its largest audience (18-35 males), gives us lesbians... Not Billy/Chuck.

Reasonable?

I think so.