TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

strong to wwe?

i just read on tnawrestlingnews.com that roderick strong might be heading to wwe

personally, i hope that this isnt true as i think strong is awesome!

He is the right size for Velocity. Right now, he probably knows TNA won't be pushing him because of the incident (Aries, by nature of his charisma and talent has a better chance of surviving it) and is most likely just using talks with WWE as bait to get TNA to reduce the suspension.

He has alot on his plate in ROH, and as we know by his decision last month, Strong is loyal to ROH. Not that he would take ROH over WWE, because even the ultimate ROH advocate made the move as well. Hopefully his program with the Briscoes/Rotties/Styles N Sydal gets the time and quality it should produce.

Since he is under contract with TNA (how long, Im not sure) so it's not really a topic until he's released or the contract end nears.

i think this maybe like that whole "joe in talks with wwe" saga we had a few months ago.

as someone stated, he may be doing it to lessen his suspension or to lengthen his contract at TNA.

either way, i hope he stays.

i think this maybe like that whole "joe in talks with wwe" saga we had a few months ago.

as someone stated, he may be doing it to lessen his suspension or to lengthen his contract at TNA.

either way, i hope he stays.

The problem is? TNA doesn't really NEED Strong like they needed Joe.

TNA, is smart enough to know that Strong wouldn't be used in WWE and probably never really saw him as a focal point of their promotion. Strong's efforts might just get him out of TNA quicker, if he is trying to use this as a negotiational tool.

thats true.

but the big question is, would he leave ROH for the big bucks of WWE?

Unless he's an idot, yes, of course he would.

Edit: Just a quick addition. On Punks site a while ago he was asked what he'd do if he ended up in OVW or a Heat/Velocity jobber, he replied with something like, "I'd be too busy enjoying living in my big new house and driving my big new car to notice", which although slighty facetious is the way you've got to look at it.

Like I said, even the most die-hard ROH star (Punk, who did more then just wrestle for ROH. As he was a trainer and commentator, and said screw TNA after the RF situation happened) left for WWE.

Strong is a loyal servant to Gabe but he isn't dumb. Unless WWE offered him a contract that is significantly less then what he makes as a indy/tna star and he feels he is still young enough to wait, then maybe he might not sign with WWE.

He wouldn't be in talks and doing dark matches and KII matches for WWE, if he had no interest.

They needed another cheerleader?

We might as well close the thread now, because there is no better way to emphasize and express just how completely wasted he would be in the WWE, not even if you wrote a 10,000 word essay on the subject.

They needed another cheerleader?

We might as well close the thread now, because there is no better way to emphasize and express just how completely wasted he would be in the WWE, not even if you wrote a 10,000 word essay on the subject.

He doesn't even have the cheerleader look, so he's screwed. Damned to 6 minute internet matches with Funaki

thats true.

but the big question is, would he leave ROH for the big bucks of WWE?

Have you seen some of those reported salaries? Strong would likely make an equivalent amount, or more, between TNA/ROH/FIP and other indy dates than he would in WWE.

A bunch of Strong's offense would go out the window because it's one thing to throw 170-200 lb. Indy guys around in backbreaker variations, but it's another to do it to guys weighing 240+ lbs and larger on a consistent basis and still make it look good.

WWE needs to bring Strong in as Senor Asso Wipo...he will break your back like so...

That's El Asso Wipe-o. I used to have that as a screen name on another board. I might have to bring it back. Put the Dudley-style glasses on him, and he'd be at least noticed by the casual fan.

It sounds like a ploy to me. WWE wouldn't be interested in him more than they where with AmDrag.

A bunch of Strong's offense would go out the window because it's one thing to throw 170-200 lb. Indy guys around in backbreaker variations, but it's another to do it to guys weighing 240+ lbs and larger on a consistent basis and still make it look good.

WWE would most likely pull a Tazz on Strong and not even let him use more than 1 or 2 backbreaker variations per match or not at all.