TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Failure to Launch

Yeah, I saw "Failure to Launch" against my better judgement because I heard it was funny. Well, it wasn't at all. Not even close. It's kind of like if you took "Saving Silverman" and cast it with a bunch of people that had no idea how to do comedy, and then replaced all the jokes with people getting bit by animals. If you want to see Matthew McConaughey focus on how sexy he thinks he is for two hours though, this might be your show.

As a comparison, I thought "Wedding Crashers" was slightly funny, but really slow, and "40 Year Old Virgin" was a little better, but still mediocre, so if you were one of the people that thought those two movies were HILARIOUS, then you'll probably like this too. I seriously don't know what's happened to the modern comedy though. Lately, they've just been getting worse and worse and people act like they're still great. It seems like nothing that's actually funny has come out since "Anchorman".

The first time I saw the preview I said it was a rewritten version of 'How to lose a guy in ten days' and swore off any SJP projects because she annoys me.