TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

"Dining and Ditching"

A friend and i dined and ditched only 1 time, and it was by pure accident. We were so wrapped up in whatever it was we were talking about, we simply got up and walked out of Elby's Big Boy without ever realizing that we didn't pay. It wasn't until we were halfway home that it hit me. That being said, we both took the low road and escaped with a free meal. I then felt kind of bad when i was later told that in some resturant's they actually charge the meal on the waitress or waiter that was serving the customers who didn't pay. I never worked in a resturant/food service type place before, so i don't know how true this is. Anyone happen to know? Anyways, has anybody ever tried the dine and ditch? If so, were you successful? Discuss.

Not quite the same, but one time I went into a Wendy's around 10PM and was the only customer there. The kid left me my meal (to-go) and went back to attending the drive thru without taking my money and left me hanging for a couple minutes while no other personnel were to be seen, so I just took the meal and walked out.

Yeah, I've been to Denny's at least 4 times, where the waitress has noticed some one DnDing after the fact, or a cop is there taking a statement.

When I was in high school back in the day, our local Eat n Park was the place to go after football games. It got so bad with the dining and ditching that E@P had to hire 2 security guards to man the exit doors to make sure that people paid their bill before leaving. However, I still believe some people got away without paying, as the security guards that they sent there looked like they were plucked from a retirement home somewhere.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

When I was really poor, I'd go to the McDonald's drive thru during peak hours, buy shit from the dollar menu at mcdonalds, and pay with mixed change that I'd leave 40 or 50 cents short. To keep the line moving, they'd just chuck it into the register, assuming it was correct.

Another time at this dump by the truck stop called Ugalde's, I'd forgotten my wallet and noticed only after I'd eaten. I did have a few ones in my pocket, so I left that as a tip and scooted.

I went to Burger King, paid with a 5 dollar bill for 2 Double Cheeseburgers and got 25 bucks back. Good thing, because I needed the money.

No. Unless they were attractive.

They weren't.

But you don't get it, Leena. I saw their boobs. Without any clothes on.

Guest Princess Leena

No. Unless they were attractive.

They weren't.

But you don't get it, Leena. I saw their boobs. Without any clothes on.

So.

I was at a Swiss Chalet in Toronto a few months back and there was this guy next to our table who did this. Real smart about it, too, ordered a beer right before he left for the 'bathroom' and left a good bit of his food on his plate. He was gone for a few minutes before the waitress came over and asked us if he was coming back, we didn't notice that he had taken his coat with him to take a piss. I think he stole the salt and pepper shakers, too.

I felt bad for the waitress, since she told us she had to pay for his meal.

My thought process goes no further than boobies, Leena. There's nothing deeper, or (sadly) more humorous than what I've brought to the table already.

Even the initial comment about being in the titty bar was facetious. I've never gone in & out of a titty bar without giving money to someone. It's normally a bar-wench or waitress, but someone's getting a few dollars of my money before I leave.

Considering the fact that I worked in a restaurant from the time I was 14 to 19, no, I've never dined and ditched. I worked at a Big Boy in my hometown, and there, when something like that happens, it comes out of either the managers pocket (my mother is the GM, and my sister is the Night shift Manager) or the waitress / waiters pocket. If you don't have the money, don't eat there. Simple.

I went to Burger King, paid with a 5 dollar bill for 2 Double Cheeseburgers and got 25 bucks back. Good thing, because I needed the money.

Excellent.

That's a pretty fucked up restaurant if gthey make the manager/wait staff pay for people who DnD. If I worked there and they tried that shit on me, I'd figure out some way to steal it back from them.

I got change for a twenty instead of a ten at Wendy's once.