TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Teckneek

Why'd they change Randy Ortan's new theme back to his old one?

You know, what I miss? Not good theme music but LOGOS. Remember how alot of wrestlers had logos. Instead of showing a picture of the two people/teams wrestling, they had graphic logos for them instead.

You know, what I miss? Not good theme music but LOGOS. Remember how alot of wrestlers had logos. Instead of showing a picture of the two people/teams wrestling, they had graphic logos for them instead.

I hate the "first guy posing, second guy posing, both guys posing now FREEZE" style they use

I like those screens, but they need to be saved for PPVs only. I don't get why PPVs now (last time I checked) get the static images while Raw gets the fancy shit.

Mickie James theme I like for some reason(is it a ripoff to "hey mickey" or is it just me?) Torrie's new one is awful.

I like ortons "burn in my light" the lyrics may not make sense, but it has a good tempo to it I guess.

What is up with MNM's theme? what is that supposed to be?

I liked Eddy's heel lie cheat and steal theme from last year(though the phone ring at the begin made no sense), the new rap one he had for like a month sucked, then he went back to the face I lie, I cheta, I steal one before he died.

Kid Kash is using an instrumental ripoff of Bawitaba (better then his TNA "WALK" rip off) I like it.

Angle now has the looped and longer begin part (so he can start poniitng and saying u suck along with the crowd)

I actually have Ortons "Burn in My Light" song on my MP3 player if I want to torture myself or look stupid going "hey! this is really gay!"

I do really like the new Smackdown theme though.

And Im glad Im not the only one that thinks HBK needs a new theme..

Is there anybody else who likes Orton's "Burn In My Light" theme?

I bet Mercy Drive doesn't even like the song..

Burn In My Light was first written as a theme song for Randy Orton, following the storyline of Orton getting kicked out of Evolution. Several weeks before the theme debuted, another song called "Away" was used in a video package depicting the success of his early career, to winning the World Heavyweight Championship. While some expected "Away" to be Orton's new theme, it was never used again. Instead, Johnston hired Mercy Drive to produce a song that would reflect Randy Orton and his values, and would instantly make him a fan favourite and draw cheers from the crowd.

Burn In My Light would prove to be one of Mercy Drive's most popular songs because it became an instant hit with many WWE fans. It was labelled as one of the most sought after songs in the internet, to the point where people would make clear edits of the theme using clips of live tapings.

At the time, Mercy Drive were intending to use the song in their upcoming debut album, yet were denied to do so by the WWE. This led to a court case, in which the WWE won after reviewing the contract of the WWE. The contract stated that WWE retains the rights to all property used. Mercy Drive, released their album without the popular track on the album in which WWE fans and fans of Mercy Drive expressed displeasure.

And of all things, they re-edited the Smackdown theme...wtf? Now it sounds stupid.

and a double of all things..its Randy Orton!

So what is the best music anyone has right now? I mean, most of them are recognizable as a specific person, but none of them really stand out anymore, and none really have since 2000-2001 or so.

MNM's fits them well and is very recognizable.

As for Orton's, it's a hell of a lot better than the Killswitch Engage song, and I'm a fan of theirs.

I don't even think I knew the exact lyrics to Orton's song until now.

It reminds me too goddamn much of the ECW theme. In fact, that was probably the template they used.

Victoria's is cool, I think. What makes it so is that it's a slowed down heel version of her face music, which was already fun.

EDIT: To continue on Mark Henry's music, when he came out on Saturday Night's Main Event, I thought Paul Heyman was coming out and freaked for a second, thinking it was some huge surprise they had for the show. That's how close it is to the ECW theme for me.

Victoria's theme made me embarassed to be a wrestling fan.

I hated Victora's theme when she first used it and she came out "dancing" to. Mainly cause she dropped the cool Tatu theme, became a smiling happy babyface, and come out dancing alot. Not to say her dancing was bad it was pretty good it just didn't fit her.

But, I do have to say I do like the slowed down verison on the song.

That picture of Randy Orton wearing a fanny pack just looks like he's not wearing kneepads, so yeah...you know, thinking about it, I kinda wish he would just go back to using the Evolution theme. I don't care how little sense it may or may not make, because theme music is the least of WWE's concerns right now.

"Yeah, WWE pretty much fucked us on the rights to the song. But it doesn't really bother us. We thought the song sucked and it only took us 2 days to make. The music on the album will be much better than that song, so don't worry."

-- Mercy Drive lead singer on their website from October 2004.

Is there anybody else who likes Orton's "Burn In My Light" theme?

I bet Mercy Drive doesn't even like the song..

Burn In My Light was first written as a theme song for Randy Orton, following the storyline of Orton getting kicked out of Evolution. Several weeks before the theme debuted, another song called "Away" was used in a video package depicting the success of his early career, to winning the World Heavyweight Championship. While some expected "Away" to be Orton's new theme, it was never used again. Instead, Johnston hired Mercy Drive to produce a song that would reflect Randy Orton and his values, and would instantly make him a fan favourite and draw cheers from the crowd.

Burn In My Light would prove to be one of Mercy Drive's most popular songs because it became an instant hit with many WWE fans. It was labelled as one of the most sought after songs in the internet, to the point where people would make clear edits of the theme using clips of live tapings.

At the time, Mercy Drive were intending to use the song in their upcoming debut album, yet were denied to do so by the WWE. This led to a court case, in which the WWE won after reviewing the contract of the WWE. The contract stated that WWE retains the rights to all property used. Mercy Drive, released their album without the popular track on the album in which WWE fans and fans of Mercy Drive expressed displeasure.

And of all things, they re-edited the Smackdown theme...wtf? Now it sounds stupid.

and a double of all things..its Randy Orton!

yea the new sd theme sucks major ass! change it back you fools!

Michaels has the really dumb one, I think it's Michaels, where he punches himself, goes "ow!", and smiles

Agree with you on this point -- I really dislike the pose Michaels does -- but I do like that whole pose-pose-FREEZE thing they do with the matchup screens.

What I wish they would do more: Music video packages to hype up an entire Pay-Per-View card. It's hard to explain it, but I know they've done it specifically for SummerSlam 2002, Vengeance 2003, and SummerSlam 2003. They run through each match on the card and show a few seconds of highlights from that particular feud to hype it up before zooming off to the next match, all while playing whatever the PPV's theme song is. I've always been a sucker for those types of video packages.

RVD...never change

You want him to keep that shit? God, why? Not only does it sound terrible and doesn't fit him at all, but it sounds like a total midcarder theme. Can you picture hearing that music in the main event of a big time show like WM?

The theme he had when he first came to WWE is better than what he has now.