TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

TUF 3: The Thread

I hope for Ortiz's sake that he knocks Shamrock out when they face off again. If he doesn't he's never going to live all this shit-talking down.

Ugh, next week's fight doesn't look promising. Herman's going to send Matt's little errand boy packing.

BTW, that Trigg/Sakurai fight was pretty fun to watch. Didn't really see that ending coming.

That was the "hands down best fight of the season"? Yeah it was fairly exciting with some nice escapes by Josh, but Tait was a fucking IDIOT for trying to box the guy when he could have just shot in and slapped on a submission.

His attempts at shots were horrible, so I don't think it was stupidity that had him not going for takedowns more, it was more his inability to perform one. I enjoyed the fight, it wasn't amazing or anything, but it was fun in the pretty moving colours kinda way and I thought Tait won it pretty easily.

Guest JustPassinBy

I think its interesting that the 6'3 guy with 8 inch reach advantage (Tait), was actually better at fighting on the ground, while the 5'11 guy was the puncher.

This is the first episode I caught of the new season. Its pretty good. Tito Ortiz is alot more charismatic than Ken Shamrock. I'm glad Tait lost but the blue hair'ed dude with the wife and 3 kids seemed a little too over the top.

His attempts at shots were horrible, so I don't think it was stupidity that had him not going for takedowns more, it was more his inability to perform one. I enjoyed the fight, it wasn't amazing or anything, but it was fun in the pretty moving colours kinda way and I thought Tait won it pretty easily.

I thought it was a thrid round for certain, but as is often noted, weird shit happens when you let the judges decide.

I'm surprised all the judges scored it 2-0. I would have though at least one or two would have had it 1-1.

Also, Tait can't fight. You're not wrong there.

Are you an MMA fighter? If not, I think you should shut the fuck up, because I bet you anyone of those guys would knock you the fuck out with a jab.

Weak argument. Am I as good a fighter as Tait? Of course not. Does that mean I can't make a comparative statement to the hundreds of guys out there who could stomp on him? Of course not.

Don't be such a vag.

Weak argument. Am I as good a fighter as Tait? Of course not. Does that mean I can't make a comparative statement to the hundreds of guys out there who could stomp on him? Of course not.

Don't be such a vag.

Saying a guy can't fight, and saying a guy is not as good of a fighter compared to other MMA fighters is different.

Tait can certainly fight or else he wouldn't be in MMA. He just isn't a strong striker, but he is a good grappler/submission applier.

No, he isn't. If he was a good grappler, he would have finished Haynbes when he had that armbar, or that triangle. Add in the fact that outside of knees his striking is almost non existant, he has next-to-no wrestling ability, and a shaky chin, and I can easily say he's one of the worst fighters I've seen lately, and that includes rookie SHOOTO guys barely out of their teens.

Also, I don't necessarily think anyone who's in MMA can fight, at least in the sense of giving a good account of themselves in the cage or ring, and that's even before comparing them to the cream of the crop.

For example: I've had an amateur match before, and could probably kick the shit out of some of the fighters I've seen on lower level shows. At the end of the day though, I know I can't fight for shit, especially compared to even moderately skilled pro MMA'ers.

Are you an MMA fighter? If not, I think you should shut the fuck up, because I bet you anyone of those guys would knock you the fuck out with a jab.

I'm certain I could find a post of yours that critiques someone's ability in a particular activity. You're saying that none of us should be able to say that someone sucks, simply because our abilities don't match up. Reality check. That's what people do. If you don't, congradulations, have a cookie, you're in the minority.

I'm certain I could find a post of yours that critiques someone's ability in a particular activity. You're saying that none of us should be able to say that someone sucks, simply because our abilities don't match up. Reality check. That's what people do. If you don't, congradulations, have a cookie, you're in the minority.

Sure I critized other fighters, but I don't say they can't fight. Unless their name is Jason Thacker, cus that mother fucker made Canada look bad. I seriously think I would be able to beat the shit out of that little pussy.

No, he isn't. If he was a good grappler, he would have finished Haynbes when he had that armbar, or that triangle. Add in the fact that outside of knees his striking is almost non existant, he has next-to-no wrestling ability, and a shaky chin, and I can easily say he's one of the worst fighters I've seen lately, and that includes rookie SHOOTO guys barely out of their teens.

Also, I don't necessarily think anyone who's in MMA can fight, at least in the sense of giving a good account of themselves in the cage or ring, and that's even before comparing them to the cream of the crop.

For example: I've had an amateur match before, and could probably kick the shit out of some of the fighters I've seen on lower level shows. At the end of the day though, I know I can't fight for shit, especially compared to even moderately skilled pro MMA'ers.

Wait I'm confused as to what you're saying here.

Are you saying all MMAers can't fight or just the low level guys?

Because you say you don't neccesarily think anyone who's in MMA can fight but then you say that you know they can't fight for shit compared to pro MMA'ers?

I like to think that most MMA guys can beat the shit out of your joe everybody in a one on one bar fight.

I like to think that most MMA guys can beat the shit out of your joe everybody in a one on one bar fight.

I'd disagree if you're talking about a stand up fight. I've seen a surprising amount of MMA guys who have next to no striking ability. I'm just curious if that's what you meant, because clearly if you add in chokes and other submissions the MMA guy should always win, or seek employment in another field.

I'd disagree if you're talking about a stand up fight. I've seen a surprising amount of MMA guys who have next to no striking ability. I'm just curious if that's what you meant, because clearly if you add in chokes and other submissions the MMA guy should always win, or seek employment in another field.

Anyone who has training in any certain area of fighting has an advantage over the typical average joe, when it comes to fighting.

I wouldn't want to fight Tait Fletcher in a bar fight, because if I throw a punch, he'll likely put me in some submission and break my arm.

I've seen this happen. I've met alot of MMA fighters(KOTC in Calgary).

Seeing as how he has fought MMA, I think that answers your first question (remember how LOTC talked about how sweet it was when a guy asks a question and gets the exact OPPOSITE answer he was hoping for?). His first answer totally negates your next query, since it had the presupposition that his first answer was a negative.

By the way, he's right, most lower level boxers and MMA Fighters suck a dick. I know guys that have trained for quite a bit in good gyms (Tristar and BTT Canada being notable examples) that can probably take out a good deal of lower level MMA guys. Some of them post on these forums. I know it's standard to assume that we're all just keyboard warriors, but that just isn't the case with MMA. A lot of the guys do train.

Okay, now that this little incident is out of the way, let's talk about how Danny Abbadi is gonna represent for brown guys everywhere and whoop cracka ass. TKD>You.

Guest Brian

Seeing as how he has fought MMA, I think that answers your first question (remember how LOTC talked about how sweet it was when a guy asks a question and gets the exact OPPOSITE answer he was hoping for?). His first answer totally negates your next query, since it had the presupposition that his first answer was a negative.

By the way, he's right, most lower level boxers and MMA Fighters suck a dick. I know guys that have trained for quite a bit in good gyms (Tristar and BTT Canada being notable examples) that can probably take out a good deal of lower level MMA guys. Some of them post on these forums. I know it's standard to assume that we're all just keyboard warriors, but that just isn't the case with MMA. A lot of the guys do train.

Okay, now that this little incident is out of the way, let's talk about how Danny Abbadi is gonna represent for brown guys everywhere and whoop cracka ass. TKD>You.

Ed Herman, motherfucker.

Wait I'm confused as to what you're saying here.

Are you saying all MMAers can't fight or just the low level guys?

Because you say you don't neccesarily think anyone who's in MMA can fight but then you say that you know they can't fight for shit compared to pro MMA'ers?

By "anyone," I meant to imply that someone who fights in MMA doesn't necessarily know how to fight (though of course they're are plenty who do).

Also, considering MOST MMA'ers are of the lower level, Hicksville Fighting Organization-type, they're usually not that far beyond of the average bar patron.

Stranger things have happen.

I thought Chris Leben was going to knock out Kenny Florian in less then 20 seconds.

I give Danny more of a chance at beating Ed Herman, then Jesse at beating Bisping.

I'll give Jesse more of a chance with Bisping only because Jesse is a wrestler and Bisping allowed himself to get put on his back by some seriously half-assed takedowns from Kristian. Not like I think Jesse would sub him or do any damage if he did take him down but if Jesse worked a fight based on takedowns and top control with some bare minimum ground and pound he could probably eke out a decison.