TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel_Grace_Blue

Most emotional/dramatic you've gotten

So, yeah. As the title says, how emotional (or have you ever gotten emotional) regarding the fed? True, it's kind of fucking stupid to get too involved with this shit, but if people can go insane playing Tetris, I suppose anything is acceptable.

Positive - Eh, for me, no real moments stick out as 1. I haven't won a title since back on IGN I think and 2. I typically hate any of my winning matches (Which is odd, since I usually think my losing matches are hella good, or, at least better than whatever won. I am teh suq in that aspect). However, I think that being part of Prime Evil during the 13th Hour and winning the Stables Title was pretty cool. Also, I enjoy when I get good feedback on things I write. Knowing that I'm in the minority of people that think my latest promo or match sucked ass-balls is a 'huzzah' moment for me.

Negative - This is probably easier. I was kinda mad when I found out that Doom and Manson weren't going to be in the TLC match, however, the most over the top was when I lost to Toxxizzle as Andrea Montgomery in that world title match (Might I add I'm currently 1-4 in world title matches, and hell, that one win barely counts). I was all "AAARGH! NOOOOO!" and *WEEPING* *WEEPING*

So, yeah, how big a nerd are you in regards to being emotionally invested in a damn e-fed?

WATCH THIS GET NO REPLIES, EXCEPT FOR MAYBE PEOPLE LAUGHING. W00T.

Not emotional really, but I was freaking out in chat last night when JJ told me my match sucked.

Like, I couldn't type at all while Z was posting, and hadn't gotten to posting the ME. My hands were all shaky and such.

I don't. Which is probably a result of the effort I put into it. If I did, maybe I would get more emotional over what goes on.

Happiest. Probably when I finally won something when I got the USJL Title. Even then it was basically handed to me, so my jubilation quickly ceded. Otherwise I haven't been a part of anything big or gotten a massive upset win or written a match that I was truly satisfied with. Although giving someone a Mansonality is always fun.

Negatively. Nothing really. Maybe a match I thought I should've won here or there. Though there was one time when my team no-showed a tag, six man something or other against Rev. Zero, and I was the fall guy in the opposing squash when the other(s) were better options. Though I quickly realized that if we actually showed, it wouldn't have been an issue. Another time I had a chance for a second USJL reign when both Davis and I were both extremely late, but I was beaten by, like, a minute in getting the match in and it was actually a complete effort, too.

Funny how everything here has to do with no-showing.

Happiest: I won a tag match with Stryke as my partner against Thoth and Spider Nekura in my first SWF main event, which I believe was a last-second rebook. Wininng that match felt really, really fucking good. After that, I kinda stuck around the upper midcard and main event, which was nice. So yeah, definitely my happiest moment.

Negative: I've gotten overly worked up in chat before and had a couple of stupid flame wars, but I don't remember any of them clearly enough to comment on them at this point. I think Silent was one of them, and Dangerous was the other - but like I said, it's been three-four years since them, so I don't remember much. Besides those, I'd have to go with losing the World Title to Flesher, which remains the only marking decision I've ever been angry about (and which still bugs me to this day). I just think that forcing a normal submission out of nowhere wasn't much of an ending to an I Quit match. It also cost me a chance to main-event Genesis IV, although it ended up being a much better Tom Flesher vs. Judge Mental matchup, which actually had history and build to it.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I wrote a rush-job just in case Blank no showed on Storm and requested the next card off because someone made a joke about my level of interest in writing for this fed.

I haven't signed in to any of my chat programs to avoid conversing with anyone from this fed.

I'm only posting this now because I'm way too involved in this fed.

I don't have anything else.

Happiest?

1) Winning the World Title at Countdown to Genesis. I was like "HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!"

2) Beating Chilly Chilly Bang Bang as Justice and Rule. I honestly thought that Ejiro and I were going to get our asses kicked and have our title taken before we could win and honest match.

3) Beating Ash to get to Genesis IV, simply because I crushed his dreams with one screwed up Shooting Star Knee Drop.

Negative

1) Losing to Tom at Genesis IV. Sucked big-time, and I was just so uninspired outside of my ending.

2) Getting tossed out second in Clusterfuck 2003. Ouch.

3) My failed comeback. God damn if that hasn't dwelled on my mind. :-\

Happy: Winning the JL title.

Negative: The whole fiasco with Va'aiga threatening to quit the federation if he lost to me for the millionth (fifth) time. I still believe I was robbed of that victory and my record smashing title reign because of it. Other than that, when Janus bailed on me for the final match of our Best Of Five and I had to write the whole fucking thing myself and then King refused to post it as he was pissy over no shows. I was cut.

Guest Evolution

Happy: Being a part of the Urban Decay and the Unnamed, wrapping up John Duran's story.

Sad: There was a match that I lost to Grappler due to his match having better commentary, that more or less deflated my career as I from then on had a shitload of trouble writing commentary that satisfied me.

I wrote a rush-job just in case Blank no showed on Storm and requested the next card off because someone made a joke about my level of interest in writing for this fed.
That'll learn them :D

Emotional? me? NEVAH! ;)

I dunno really - I've been pissed off over losing, hell a few matches still piss me off cause I'm convinced I won (not that I brood on it, just if it'd come up I'd probably do a revisit) oh and there was one other time I just lost it... and set up the Beat the Champ challenge because apparently I wasn't defedning the title enough for some people's taste, of course pissed off was soon replaced with "let's plot out something interesting" but still

My most negative time will probably come the day I'm forced to no show a match, I haven't yet and I've prided myself on that but I know that one day it'll happen and that'll be a low day

Most positive? Actually finishing both matches for the ClusterFuck before the deadline - there was a jig danced that day (Figuratively)

Positive: Kinda difficult. I think actually, the biggest thing for me was winning the Hardcore Gamers Title from Aecas at From The Fire '04 when no-one gave rookie Toxxic a chance in hell. I've won bigger things since then, but my first ICTV win and the 2nd and 3rd World Title wins were against no-shows, and my 1st World Title win only happened because Janus no-showed and although Tom wrote he didn't actually follow the (rather complicated) rules of the match and just wrote a regular Triple Threat. Most of my best initial wins have come against no-shows, as my sig will tell you (that's not to say I'm not proud of some of my defences, mind you).

Negative: Losing the World Title to Johnny. Against Landon I accepted it because my match, while perhaps a more realistic example of two atheletes who had prepared for each other, lacked much in the way of drama. Against Ejiro, he had the whole storyline with him on the way in and although i'd have liked to have won, at least it made booking sense for him to walk away with it. Against Johnny though... I read his match, I read my match, and I couldn't tell any difference in terms of quality except that he'd directly gone against my stats and had me kick out of a finisher.

Oh, and Danny last year. It shouldn't, but it REALLY fucking bugs me. Every time I think I've got over it I remember what a complete fucking tool he made Toxxic look, and still won.

Um... I don't know...

Positive: Well, I've never won a title clean... and I think the only time I ever win is when the other person is either a warm body or no-shows, for some reason (don't no-show against me, it's dangerous). It was really great the few times that I got compliments over what I have wrote, but those are few and far between for the most part. It was neat winning the few times that I did when I originally won the Cruiserweight Title off of Johnny (agaisnt Ryan Dustin and Hunt), but then I got jobbed to a German Suplex, and all Zed told me was that my match "didn't seem like my best work".

Negative: Well... I'm just about looked at as a warm body because of my lack of showing on any consistant basis. I'm sure there's a lot of people that look down upon that. I really lost my steam when Spike jobbed me like a fool, and then sent the same match in about fifteen times to defend against myself and Jake. Then, when I popped back up as The Crimson Skull, I was active on almost every show leading up to the PPV and Mike decided to book me in a throw away tag match with Ghost Machine (who I'd actively detested on the board and in chat). I just figured that there was no use in being active when I was just going to get treated like crap no matter what.

Have I mentioned Mike was a horrible booker?

Yup, that was him. Poor guy. Looks like Eminem, you know.

Yeah Rowdy, hit THAT!

AD avatars still rule all. Back on topic though, the most megative time for me in the fed was probably around the time I faced Edwin for the ICTV title around the Rollercoaster of Evil time. I remember being particulary emo about that loss, and subsequent losses, but that was really just a prelude to more personal problems. Looking back, it was really silly to get that worked up, since I had no chance against Edwin. I might nowadays if I put some effort in, even then it would be doubtful.

My most positive times were any time I recieved any praise, since that's how fragile my ego is :-P. Being inducted into the HOF was a highlight as well, even if it wasn't by popular vote. Winning the US title with 3 different characters is a strange highlight too, but it just shows how much I no-showed and flip-floped with characters.

Emotional moments. Yeah, there've been a few. Disappointments, frustrations, mostly... but emotional, sure.

Winning my third European title from Low Brass was a big accomplishment for me. (Damn, that was almost five years ago.) I felt and still feel it was arguably the best match I've ever written. Unfortunately I was disappointed the day of the show when Low Brass told me he wasn't writing. I think I would've won anyway, but the not knowing bothered me.

I was frustrated when I lost that title a couple weeks later in my first defense, against Jacob Helmsley. This is my only loss that I hold in dispute, having read my match as well as Helmsley's.

My most emotional period was what caused me to leave the fed the first time - when the culmination of the LDP vs. Wilson storyline was ruined when CC inserted Perfect Bo into Miami Mayhem III.

Oh yeah, and then there was that time of watching the SJL die under my watch in a flurry of no-shows and without there being a damn thing I could do about it.

Emotional moments? Yeah, there've been a few. Positive ones? Can't think of any.

Why do we do this to ourselves?

My happiest moment would have to be winning the Clusterfuck, probably. It was basically my only real goal in the SWF... hell, once I got the title I was basically no longer inspired until the feud with Danny that ended my career.

My two biggest downers would probably have to be:

a.) Working my ass off to write a good 10,000-12,000 words of the 37,000 words that ended up being WarGames (the match was 27,000, due to the 10,000 word intro) only to read the finished product. Frost and I pretty much wrote the entire match, up until the crappy ending, which in my mind kind of just ruined the rest of the match. I mean, Wilson had sort of described this "Ring of Fire" thing to me, but to actually read that happening in a match was just ridiculous, and it really cheapened what I thought was my best writing performance at that point in my career.

b.) My final match in the JL that Zed and I co-wrote. I warned him off of AIM because he wasn't concentrating well enough (hey, he told me to!) and he became furious, to the point where I had to finish the match on my own. Since I was like 13 or 14 while in the JL, I can't take my emotions during that time period very seriously anymore, but at the time I was pretty devastated, as I'm not too good with people being angry with me. Luckily, we made up and Zed actually ended up being one of the two or three people in the SWF that I would consider a full-fledged friend. So yeah. Woo.

Oh, and Danny last year. It shouldn't, but it REALLY fucking bugs me. Every time I think I've got over it I remember what a complete fucking tool he made Toxxic look, and still won.

What exactly happened there?

First major emotional high of the fed - Beating Ejiro in the SJL for his "Ejiropean" title. At the time I was relatively new, and going up against the then-dominating-with-his-belt Fasaki was something that made me very nervous. Then I won, though the match had some flaws, the most obvious being Ejiro's magic recovery from being gorilla pressed off the turnbuckle to the floor.

Other highs include, but are not limited to - Winning the SWF title, winning the SJL title, breaking WC's Hardcore title streak, being the first to beat Toxxic (that I can recall, in the Strap match) and the Trinity tag-title win over Wild & Dangerous after they'd flattened almost every other incarnation (I'm not sure if they went after Danny/Aecas, I knew they beat Dace/Danny and Dace/Aecas...)

First major emotional low of the fed - Not winning the SJL title on my first shot, as I was a real pouty git afterwards. My match was terrible, hindsight being what it is, and far too comedic. But hey, you learn from the mistakes and you get better and kick more arse, no?

Other lows include, but are not limited to - The feeling of burnout and not willing to write a match near the end of my two runs, and my first major loss that wasn't by a better match - GSMS jobbed me to Frost by word limit DQ, and it always made me grumble to remember that.

As part of the MTV generation, I feel neither highs nor lows. But...

Highest- Winning the Clusterfuck. Hands down. Winning the JL Title and SWF Title were good times, but I really wasn't expecting to win the 'Fuck so that was great. Still my favourite SWF match of my own writing.

Lowest was getting beat by Muzz for the World Title in my first defence. That kinda hurt for a while. The flak that Rando got for his IronMan Match still bugs me a little too.

Janus: the first person to ever beat me was Clark in my second match.

TNT: In my match against Danny he gave Toxxic's ribs a pasting (his ribs and back and been SEVERELY worked over by Scott Pretzler the previous show) and then had me kip-up and (as I see) no-sell it. Toxxic then did a series of Billy Kidman-esque generic cruiserweight moves before contemplating hitting Danny with a chair and deciding against it before Danny hit an Axe Bomber out of nowhere for the win.

Thing is, Toxxic was ALL about his flashy, high-impact signature offence, balanced by his fragility. He wouldn't be kipping up if his ribs and back were in agony. I had ten signature moves - Danny didn't use a single one, just a couple of ranas and moonsaults. Toxxic DIDN'T CHEAT, so the idea of him contemplating hitting Danny with a chair for the win, even if he didn't do it, was ludicrous. It would never have crossed his mind at that stage of his career. And as for the Axe Bomber - I have no problem with that as a finisher from someone as strong as Danny. What I objected to is that it was written as an out-of-nowhere MurderDeathKill move following NO work on the head whatsoever. I'm still of the school of thought that you can have 'hit-it-and-it's-OVER' finishers that require the opponent to be softened up to hit them (ie: Demonstar), or 'out-of-nowhere' finishers that need a bit of work prior to make sure they do the job (Sweet Chin Music, LARIATOOOOO~!), but having one that's both is just too much.

That was my problem with Danny's match.