TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angel_Grace_Blue

Most emotional/dramatic you've gotten

^I so don't count that. At all.

Positive: Even though it was via a no-show due to some personal problems, winning the SJL World Title was great and having to hold both the Euro and World Titles until Landon whooped my ass around...whatever. That was just emotional to read the stuff Landon was pumping out at the time and I still find it funny how much he wishes Todd Royal was back around the fed.

I'm still sad by HOW DAMN CLOSE me and freaking Flik of all people came to winning the tag titles from Hollywood Boulevard.

Oh, and Todd Royal setting a giant Mickey Mouse doll on fire....damn him!! ;)

Janus: the first person to ever beat me was Clark in my second match.

TNT: In my match against Danny he gave Toxxic's ribs a pasting (his ribs and back and been SEVERELY worked over by Scott Pretzler the previous show) and then had me kip-up and (as I see) no-sell it. Toxxic then did a series of Billy Kidman-esque generic cruiserweight moves before contemplating hitting Danny with a chair and deciding against it before Danny hit an Axe Bomber out of nowhere for the win.

Thing is, Toxxic was ALL about his flashy, high-impact signature offence, balanced by his fragility. He wouldn't be kipping up if his ribs and back were in agony. I had ten signature moves - Danny didn't use a single one, just a couple of ranas and moonsaults. Toxxic DIDN'T CHEAT, so the idea of him contemplating hitting Danny with a chair for the win, even if he didn't do it, was ludicrous. It would never have crossed his mind at that stage of his career. And as for the Axe Bomber - I have no problem with that as a finisher from someone as strong as Danny. What I objected to is that it was written as an out-of-nowhere MurderDeathKill move following NO work on the head whatsoever. I'm still of the school of thought that you can have 'hit-it-and-it's-OVER' finishers that require the opponent to be softened up to hit them (ie: Demonstar), or 'out-of-nowhere' finishers that need a bit of work prior to make sure they do the job (Sweet Chin Music, LARIATOOOOO~!), but having one that's both is just too much.

That was my problem with Danny's match.

:huh:

I recall you complaining about a basic whip reversal making Toxxic look stupid as well.

Again,Williams didn't work the ribs in the match. He hit one move that aggrevated it a little but that was it. The other time, Toxxic was playing possum.

I couldn't work all your silly hard to write signature moves into the match.

The chair spot was building toward your face turn and I figured it would be a good idea to play up to your charcter's positive attributes.

Axe Bomber doesn't need video game headwork to be a finisher, especially if you leap into it from the top rope.

Like I said before I'm sorry you feel I didn't nail your character but yeesh. It wasn't my attention to your character as a tool and you know that, I took great pains to try to nail your character.

Hey, I'm not saying that I'm not being completely unreasonable about this. I probably am. I just can't work out how you thought that was a good portrayal of my character. Or how when he was stringently non-cheating for all of his mega-heel run, considering hitting someone with a chair is a signal of a FACE turn.

That being said you should still come back, although I don't know whether Williams has run his natural course. Even if I have issues with how you portrayed me in that one match you're still a damn good writer and a valuable asset to the fed (if perhaps not so much in the promo department but come on, we can't all be Muzz or Flesher).

Oh, and just to clear one thing up, every time I called the Axe Bomber a 'glorified clothesline' I WAS kidding.

Don't you point that glorified clothesline at me, sunshine.

I miss the good old days when a clothesline was a clothesline and everyone used the Diamond Cutter or Ankle Lock as a finisher.

*Signature Move

Janus: the first person to ever beat me was Clark in my second match.

Hmmm.

I know it was -something- I did. Maybe broke a Trinity-killing streak? Something like that. You'd beaten Dace, Danny, Aecas, and then you got strapped against me.

In adding to the MVS sucked theme, I was mad when Buck lost to Jay Hawke in that Russell Crowe match. Granted, I don't know anything about drinking (As I don't drink), but I didn't job Jay to "LOLOLZ0R, HE AM GET DIZZY AND FALLINGZ DOWNZ0R! LOLORZ0RS~!"

"Hey, I'm not saying that I'm not being completely unreasonable about this. I probably am. I just can't work out how you thought that was a good portrayal of my character. "

This has all done been covered before.

"Or how when he was stringently non-cheating for all of his mega-heel run, considering hitting someone with a chair is a signal of a FACE turn."

Wrestling is nothing but low brow visual story telling. The spot puts a visual to Toxxic's competitive drive, something a crowd and the reader would be able to sink their teeth into and look at in a positive light. I think it's something that would have been cheered, and that's how I wrote it so that's how it was. Not cheating is a positive characterstic and since I wasn't in a position to actually change your character I thought putting one of his face characterstics on the spotlight would be a good idea to foreshadow his turn. But when you already have a character that already plays fair and for the most part uses a high flying face offense, there's not much room to foreshadow a face turn. Again if you feel I didn't nail your character, I can't really argue since it's your character afterall.

"That being said you should still come back, although I don't know whether Williams has run his natural course. Even if I have issues with how you portrayed me in that one match you're still a damn good writer and a valuable asset to the fed (if perhaps not so much in the promo department but come on, we can't all be Muzz or Flesher)."

It would be nice to make yet another comeback but I just don't seem to have the time these days.

Well, I'm gonna post one of the very rare spots on my apperance on this board.

High spot: Getting to the SWF and winning two tag team titles with two different people in the IGNJL.

Low Spot: Losing all of my JL title shots, and losing to LDP in his stipulation match because I forgot to follow the storyline.

Edit: Also one of my proudest moment was the one promo I did after Raynor was seriously injured by Edwin. I mean dispite not writing a match for long periods of time, I love writing promo's for some odd reason.

Danny coming back wouldn't be as good as it once was simply because there aren't nearly as many woman in the fed for him to kick the shit out of anymore. Danny's matches vs. Annie and Sydney were two of my favorites ever.

He can come back and kick the crap out of Amy. It's not like she has a character to write badly anyway :P

"I like beer! I'm going to hit you! Innit!"

Don't look at me. It's a Nottingham thing, and although I live here, I wasn't born here. To be fair, it's generally used at the end of a sentence in a similar way to 'do you understand' or perhaps 'have you comprehended what I've said, good sir?'

"So what it is, right, is I'm walkin' down the road and this fuckin' goth 'e starts lookin' at me, right, an' I go over an' smash 'is fuckin' face in, innit?"

Don't look at me that way. I didn't ask to share the country with people like that.

Don't look at me. It's a Nottingham thing, and although I live here, I wasn't born here. To be fair, it's generally used at the end of a sentence in a similar way to 'do you understand' or perhaps 'have you comprehended what I've said, good sir?'

"So what it is, right, is I'm walkin' down the road and this fuckin' goth 'e starts lookin' at me, right, an' I go over an' smash 'is fuckin' face in, innit?"

Don't look at me that way. I didn't ask to share the country with people like that.

You sound like the Geico gecko...

"Innit" is to Nottingham what "eh" is to Canada. And I preferred the Geico gecko when he sounded distinguished, as opposed to "Oi, buy some feckin' car insurance, ya grotty little wankers!"