TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

The OAO '2006 Hall of Fame ceremony' thread.

It's definitely her. Her woof sounds like Linda. She's just 20 years younger.

And where else have you heard her woof before to know its the same? And another thing why of all people would they get Linda to do this segment, when they could get practically anybody else to do it?

Ok they have Linda barking like a dog and then you have Vince making Trish bark like a dog. I really don't want to know what goes on in their bedroom.

The safeword is Banana

Why not? At the time, it may not have been so easy to find someone willing to bark like a dog on national TV. Have you ever seen the segment?

Yes... I took those screenshots

Guest burth179

A couple of things and responses..

"What I would love to see is that Ted Dibiase gets inducted into the HOF next year. Have hm introduce Sheri this year and next year let him be one of the inducties.

P.S Please get Steamboat and Mr. Perfect into the HOF as well."

*** Yes, these 3 are no brainers...

"That Bret/Austin picture needs HBK and Vince in the background between them, looking like they're up to something."

*** That would probably help kill heat for their match the next night

"So, how long will Hart's speech be? I'm guessing it will be surprisingly brief at three minutes."

*** Bret always seemed like a man of few words, so it fits the person...

Nothing short of HBK superkicking Bret could make me want to watch this. Bret's speech will just be a condensed version of his DVD..."I love wrestling, I'm great at wrestling, best there is etc., goodbye and thank you". I seriously doubt he'll say anything 'controversial' or noteworthy.

I think there's a good possibility that he might run every single person in the company down, since he already has his DVD and doesn't plan on doing anything with them again.

How can he resist insulting HHH with him in the front row?

dog-08.JPG

05.jpg

It's NOT Linda. It looks like her, but Linda's nose and eyes are much bigger than the woman with Ted's. Plus, you would figure that Vince would have brought this up at one point or another, especially in 2001 when he "sedated" her and was running around with Trish.

I am really looking forward to the HOF this year, but I think it will be disapointing. I can see Bret giving a very nice, humble speech, and everyone will be pissed that he didn't tease a WM appearance or something.

One thing about Bret: He has always been adamant about not working with the WWE again, and he hasn't, save for the DVD and this HOF appearance, which I think he is doing to preserve his legacy so they won't try to bury him in the future. Not that they won't, but I think he doesn't want Montreal to be his final WWE appearance.

I see it being a very dignified, happy ceremony, much like last year's. Bret's pop is going to be one of the biggest things ever heard.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rey uses Eddie's induction to talk about how he'll win the title at WM "for him". Ugh. Hogan will easily overshadow Gene, especially if he says the "Well ya know somethin Mean Gene" line.

All in all, I will be watching, but not expecting anything special.

Guest CookieMueller

If it's taped, anything good that Bret may say will be cut out anyways.

I think he'll hint at certain things but won't come right out and say it. He'll probably say something along the lines of "I'm proud to have never sold out" or something along those lines. To which I'm sure they'll have clips of the usual suspects in the first row trying not to laugh.

I don't know what's the time difference between America and the Netherlands so could someone please say how many hours/minutes are left till we can see the HOF on WWE.com?

14 hours pacific?

From PWInsider:

As part of the promotion for Wrestlemania, Shawn Michaels had an autograph signing session at Borders bookstore today, which had one of the best turnouts of any of the promotional appearances this week. Over 800 fans were reportedly turned away while somewhere in the neighborhood of 500-600 were able to get in during the allotted time. Michaels was said to be very pleasant, chatting with fans as he signed.

Several fans asked Shawn Michaels if he would be attending the Hall Of Fame ceremony tonight, and Michaels responded that yes, he would be at the Hall Of Fame. According to several sources at the signing, at one point Michaels asked a group of fans "Why wouldn't I be?" and one of them simply said "Bret".

Michaels responded that he doesn't have a problem with Bret Hart, "Bret has a problem with me". Michaels said he is "required" to be at the Hall Of Fame ceremony tonight, and he would be there.

Bret Hart walking up to the podium, looking at Shawn Michaels, and then leaving...priceless.

I could see them doing camera tricks to make it look like Shawn is right near the podium.

From PWInsider:

Mike Johnson is live at the 2006 WWE Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony, and will be sending in updates throughout the night.

- The crowd has already been let in at the Rosemont Theatre, and a huge "We Want Bret" chant has broken out.

- They are using the same stage set as last year for the Hall Of Fame.

- All of the WWE stars arrived as a group at 6:45pm local time to take their seats in the front rows. There was a big pop for all the stars coming out.

-A huge "LOD" chant broke out for Road Warrior Animal as he walked in.

- There were loud boos and "You Screwed Bret" chants as Shawn Michaels entered and took his seat.

- Lilian Garcia came out to welcome the crowd to the event, and reminded them to be loud.

- Batista entered to a huge pop, and a chant broke out for him.

- The first induction of the evening was the Blackjacks, Mulligan & Lanza, who were inducted by Bobby Heenan. Obviously, the webcast on WWE.com will not be live. All of the presenters and inductees have Titantron videos that are being played for them.

- Verne Gagne was inducted next, by his son Greg. Greg said that "twenty years ago if you told him they'd induct Verne, he'd say you were out of your minds" and then noted, "and no, this doesn't mean we joined 'a very special club'." Greg then thanked the McMahons for all they have done for wrestling. Greg then talked about the Gagne family, and then listed the people Verne had trained, including Ken Patera, Jim Brunzell, The Andersons (which got a big pop), Ric Flair, The Iron Sheik, Chris Taylor, Buddy Rose, Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat and Curt Hennig. Greg then spoke about the formation of the AWA and the stars it created, naming Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura.

- Verne Gagne then made his acceptance speech. At one point he mentioned Vince McMahon, which drew boos from the crowd, and Verne remarked "I never liked the guy either". Verne said that being put in the Hall Of Fame meant the world to him. There crowd chanted "One More Match" at Verne.

Check back later for more updates.

There were loud boos and "You Screwed Bret" chants as Shawn Michaels entered and took his seat

Should be reported soon that Bret walked out.

The webcast should be starting in about 6 minutes....well eastern time, hopefully its the same for CA. That sucks that the webcast isn't live.

This sounds fucking fantastic:

-William "The Refrigerator" Perry was next, inducted by John Cena. Almost the entire building was booing John Cena, and a "Cena Sucks" chant started up. Cena remarked "It seems everyone is ready for Wrestlemania". They showed HHH on the screens, and the place popped. The crowd was not letting Cena talk, and Triple H stood up briefly at one point, resulting in chants of "Triple H" and "One More Day". The crowd then chanted "F*** You Cena" as Cena tried to do a Howard Cosell impersonation. Music started to play as Cena talked in an attempt to drown out the crowd, who were now chanting "Boring".