TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

FIRST info on Smackdown vs Raw 2007 is HERE !!

Guest nokia

I'll probably get flamed for this, but here is the link to the FIRST sd vs raw 2007 info:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/699/699303p1.html

10 pictures of a Rey vs Cena fight is also posted.Pictures show Rey with the "EG" armband

Info;

* Crowd fighting is in

* xbox 360 gets the game as well

* Plenty of new weapons

* an expanded General Manager mode

* online play with voice chat support

* players will have the ability to take signs and other objects from fans and use them as weapons.

Doesn't say anything about a release date

What is it about developers wanting to show off how they can make realistic sweat in these next-gen games? It was in both basketball games and now its in here.

So how will they make gameplay worse this time around? I'm sick of "two steps forwards, two steps back" with this mediocre series.

Although X-Box Live will surely be a solid improvement on the other SVRs' godawful online modes. Nothing like playing lobby peek-a-boo for 15 minutes because the rooms constantly drop out and the Buddy Locator is absolutely worthless.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-2007-20060330100642541.jpg

Jumping off the balcony and crowd fighting is cool. Having separate guard rails inside the crowd, however is stupid, but not a huge deal.

Well I guess its a good thing that the game will be coming out for PS3 and the 360 but i'm hoping it doesn't have the crappy control sceme from the other Smackdown games. That'll make it a huge turn off for me......anyone else surprised a Eugene picture wasn't released?

Wooot, SvR 2006 was good but it still had a lot of stuff that annoyed me. Ladder matches weren't fun anymore. They should do the entire roster this time as well.

Why weren't ladder matches fun? I never played smackdown vs raw so I don't know the pros and cons of it.

Jumping off the balcony and crowd fighting is cool. Having separate guard rails inside the crowd, however is stupid, but not a huge deal.

IIRC, are there not already separate guardrails in those areas around the stage, IRL, anyway?

The PSP had the best version last year, seriously.

Perhaps (never played it on PS2), but the loading was atrocious.

Yeah, but that is the case with just about all PSP games. Even Alpha 3 Max has loading times that are WAY too long, considering what is being loaded.

IIRC, are there not already separate guardrails in those areas around the stage, IRL, anyway?

There are some guardrails in the crowd, but not in that spot right on the floor. Realistically, it looks like the crowd had to jump over the guardrail to get to their seats. It's hardly crowd fighting, but rather just an expanded 'aisle' to fight... with apparently a balcony.

Ladder matches were fun in HCTP & SVR1, but in 2006, they were unbearable. Anytime you climbed the ladder, the CPU would immediately climb the other side, resulting in a fight up top, where it would take an hour for one of you to fall back. There's other problems, but I can't remember exactly.

HIAC matches need to be desperately reworked, as do Elimination Chambers.

Guest NYankees

Didn't they also eliminate being able to knock people off of the ladder? I remember being able to bump into the ladder and knock people down. This franchise is like one of the biggest cock teases ever. One year they take two steps forward and the next year they take 3 steps backwards.

like No Mercy, you can take weapons from the crowd and use them in the match. So its went from WWE RAW to ECW RAW.

Another note, they not say that the Season mode will be with choices so it isn't the same path each game.

Guest NYankees

Thank god, I hate the linear gamepath of the past smackdown vrs raws.

Check out the videos of the Xbox 360 version:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/820/820799/vids_1.html

The movies made the game look pretty good. I like how you can do a quick grapple right after tossing someone into a wall or something but if its all just fast grapples or some weird two button press to do some type of grapple, I'm not going to like it. I still really like the No Mercy control sceme, so I really really want that control sceme, not the normal Smackdown control sceme.

Nice little additions, but the franchise hasn't done anything that has impressed me in the past few iterations. I've just grown to dislike the Smackdown engine.

Honestly, at the risk of going into whiny bitch mode, I'm still waiting for a wrestling fed to re-utilize the AKI engine (sans the shitty "CPU counters EVERYTHING" problem).

Nice little additions, but the franchise hasn't done anything that has impressed me in the past few iterations. I've just grown to dislike the Smackdown engine.

Same here. Day of Reckoning 2's engine just feels like a crappy rehash of it, too.

the WMXIX/DOR/DOR2 engine is the best next thing to the ol No Mercy engine. Playing and having matches became fun again once these were introduced.

the WMXIX/DOR/DOR2 engine is the best next thing to the ol No Mercy engine. Playing and having matches became fun again once these were introduced.

Agreed. I like how ANY move on these games can be interrupted, ex: Stopping the People's Elbow in mid-run with the Clothesline from Hell. That is something the Smackdown series desperately needs to add. The only thing I would tweak on the DoR engine is making finishers harder to kick out of. It's a finisher for a reason. I shouldn't have to give someone 6 or 7 Angle Slams to win the match.

There are some guardrails in the crowd, but not in that spot right on the floor. Realistically, it looks like the crowd had to jump over the guardrail to get to their seats. It's hardly crowd fighting, but rather just an expanded 'aisle' to fight... with apparently a balcony.

Ladder matches were fun in HCTP & SVR1, but in 2006, they were unbearable. Anytime you climbed the ladder, the CPU would immediately climb the other side, resulting in a fight up top, where it would take an hour for one of you to fall back. There's other problems, but I can't remember exactly.

HIAC matches need to be desperately reworked, as do Elimination Chambers.

Ye in HCTP is used to do loads of Ladder matches because they were so fun but in 2006 you couldn't knock down the ladder anymore (well you could but it was a glitch I think) and that sucks. In the Elimination Chamber wrestlers climb on top of the cages WAY too much. HCTP > 2006 in those matches.

The new xbox magazine has a article on the game. I haven't read the article so I don't know if its the information is the same from the above article or not, but I thought I'd let people know.